Diablo® III

Extra Chat Tabs?

17 Undead Warlock
So, I find it horribly annoying that we only have one tiny chat window that can't be resized or edited in any way, and on top of it I can't make a separate tab for Whispers?

How am I supposed to keep track of regular chat with such a small useless window, nevermind my Whispers? And then what about Real ID conversations?

I seriously hope this is something that will be addressed in the actual release.
Reply Quote
17 Undead Warlock
So um, yeah...
Reply Quote
I've only ever used one chat window in WoW, and I usually have shrunk down to as small as it can go. I never have any problems. It's less a space issue and more a player concentration/organization issue.
Reply Quote
17 Undead Warlock
02/06/2012 07:18 PMPosted by MrShotgun
I've only ever used one chat window in WoW, and I usually have shrunk down to as small as it can go. I never have any problems. It's less a space issue and more a player concentration/organization issue.
That's highly unfortunate.
On my main I currently have 5 tabs attached to my general window and a separate window for guild chat.
Main is for all, second is for Whisper, third is party/raid, fourth is exp/rep and extra channels, fifth is loot, sixth is real ID chat.

If I didn't have them separated I wouldn't be able to keep track of anything, it would be horrible.

I also have the smallest font available, in D3 it's WAY too huge of a font for the tiny window size.
It needs at least the ability to resize the window and allow mouse scroll. AT LEAST.
Edited by Frostmourne on 2/6/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
17 Undead Warlock
But yeah...

Chat options are super important in an online-only game.
Reply Quote
17 Undead Warlock
Well it's good to know there's concern among the community about this... -_-
Reply Quote
I completely agree with you. This 100%

It seems like something so simple and yet this is actually my biggest issue with the game.

Whispers get lost in NPC blabber so easily.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Advanced Chat tabs for diablo 3 PLEASE
Reply Quote
Seconded (or eigthed--I lost count).
This would be an easy fix for a really irritating UI problem. Customizable chat would allow me to have a friend conversation, the innane general chat, and the story stuff (not to mention the potential for displaying battle info in the classic mmo way, in a chat box), etc. all in separate tabs.
Didn't WoW have this? Geez. Easy UI stuff. Tsk.
Reply Quote
hate to bring back an old thread, but i think having tabs would be amazing. At least a tab for just whispers seeing it is so easy to miss a whisper.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]