90 Night Elf Hunter
02/28/2012 07:24 PMPosted by theSkaBoss
One big bad illustrated Bestiary!

I have to agree
Reply Quote
04/29/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Elyias

I have to agree
further and further along you get a dnd ruleset then you will have a video game based off of it called diablo then 2 then 3 oh lest we forget history.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Well, I literally just finished reading the Book of Cain. I was hooked from the start, couldn't put it down until I finished. There seems to be much that could be expanded upon. Specifically though, I would like to see a Book of Jerad Cain.

I remember Cain writing about how there were secrets held to the highest of the Horadric order. Finding out more about these events would be nice. However since the one secret they mention is how they killed Kulle I'm sure we'll find out in D3. Since he was the creator of the Black Soulstone.

I believe it was mentioned already, but maps would be amazing. Maybe a map of the levels of Hell, or and sections of the High Heavens. A map of Sanctuary would be nice too, maybe showing the paths taken by the Prime Evils, and the heroes pursuing them.

I believe a more in depth look at Ancient History would be the most entertaining, as there is much that can be done with it. I love the thought of reading Jerad Cains, or even Tal Rasha's notes. A more in depth look at the original nephlehem, and how society was at the times of the beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to take the time to say thank you for releasing such an amazing book. I love it and recommend it to anyone. I read parts of the book out loud to my wife who knows nothing of Diablo and I found even she was eager to hear more. The story is very well put together, and entices everyone Diablo fan or not.
Edited by Jettatura#1816 on 5/1/2012 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The Book of Cain was awesome. I would personally like to see a book from the Burning Hells perspective that covers more the preceding events of the original game, I think a good author would be Lazzorus (however you spell it) the mage boss from D1. I think this would give some cool insight into the setup for everything we played through, and it would offer up a good opportunity to get to know the demon's motives/plans.

Outside of that, mostly what has already been stated, world history, individual class histories, and a beastiary.
Reply Quote
i would like to see what happened in last 20 years between D2 and D3.

Also what happened to all the heroes in-depth from Diablo 2 and their story and place in world when D3 happens or before it... or any forshadowing...
Reply Quote
88 Undead Warlock
02/28/2012 07:24 PMPosted by theSkaBoss

This
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
A bestiary for sure. I was actually disappointed that there wasn't one in this Book of Cain, but you made up for it by adding a bestiary in-game. <3
Reply Quote
I'd like to see the Chronicles of Cain. Because Diablo lore could fill up multiple books, and I definitely should.
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Warrior
No. Can't treat Blizzard lore with any interest while Metzen is at the helm. You should save on publishing costs until he's gone, then repubish it when you find a competent storyteller.
Edited by CmdrShepard#1204 on 5/19/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm glad to hear this. My only complaint of Book of Cain was that I wanted more. I would really like to see a deeper look into the landscape and occupants of both the Burning Hells and High Heavens since those are what helps make the setting of the Diablo franchise unique. Would be really cool if it was written in the perspective of Malthael or Itherael.

04/29/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Elyias

I have to agree

Also would like some kind of Bestiary to go with it.
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
Lord of Despair, Lord of Gluttony. Basically all "minibosses" we killed in Diablo 3 that give us pretty much absolutely no lore.
Reply Quote
well i loved Book of Cain, a second would be awesome, and among the great ideas here, i would like to know more about the Goatmen... i really dont know much about them... i dont think they are deziens of hell... i want to know about their clashes with humans, ect
Edited by FoxxPyre#1669 on 5/21/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/08/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Mirror
Definitely break-dance fighting.

Perhaps the Tango of Terror

Perhaps a serious of links from D1-D2-D3. Classes, certain lore aspects and the like. Even if it is small stuff, like what happened to certain D1 npcs who weren't shown/mentioned in D2, and the fates of some of the smaller D2 npcs. Make a more connected, alive world

But on a more serious and important note, the title of this topic has made my day in a way far greater than it ever should have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For those that have read through the entirety of the Book of Cain:

Were we to make a follow-up to the Book of Cain, what would you like to see in it?

I demand to know more about the cow king and why he wants us to murder unicorns! I sense an epic plot
Reply Quote
More on Duriel and his sister. They had very little dialog in DII and we know nothing about them. Hell, them fighting against us as twins would be cool for an expansion. Belial could be fleshed out a bit more I guess too. Az and the primes are fine.

We went to heaven and didn't see much of their society or had many conversations with NPCs. That was kind of sad.

Most importantly, it should explain some of the confusing elements of the Diablo III story, like how Diablo was brought into the black soulstone even though he was obliterated in II and why Adria helped us in I if she was evil and helping Diablo as a member of the triune. Basically general plothole filler. The story's mechanics confused me.

By the way, I'd definitely get this if you made it.
Reply Quote
well to be honest i'd agree with more lore and information about what went on in all the missing regions that are always mentioned... only one i remember is kingsport lolol

Would cain have any information on Trag'oul, the dragon that is suppose to all about balance of life and other guardians of the multiverse??
Edited by Koleos#1661 on 5/23/2012 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a small request, how about a complete and detailed list of all the 1001 gods of the monks and the 59 gods of xiansai (as well as any other deities revered by other cultures while your at it), detailing their names, appearances, functions, powers as well as the rules and regulations surrounding them, with detailed illustrations for each of them of course. its not that much to ask
Reply Quote
For those that have read through the entirety of the Book of Cain:

Were we to make a follow-up to the Book of Cain, what would you like to see in it?

The huge plot holes that were left unresolved in Diablo 3 such as how the hell Adria marked the souls of the prime evils if they were banished to the Black Abyss when they were killed.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 03:24 PMPosted by FoxxPyre
well i loved Book of Cain, a second would be awesome, and among the great ideas here, i would like to know more about the Goatmen... i really dont know much about them... i dont think they are deziens of hell... i want to know about their clashes with humans, ect

There was a lore journal entry about them in the game that stated they were actually humans (from the same area as the witch doctor) turned into goatmen by the Vizjerei.
Reply Quote
Can we have a Diablo, Coca-cola tie-in? I think it would be very profitable...maybe a Diablo Zero, Diet Diablo, Diablo with Lime, Diablo with Lemon, Vanilla Diablo...all of these things would be fantastic! I would definitely like to see Diablo branded Coca-cola merchandise. Maybe a Diablo energy drink, too, so we can get a boost on a 15-hour grind.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]