Diablo® III

About game purchase in tw.battle.net

I am living in Hong Kong, and I would like to know if I buy a digital Taiwan version of D3, which stated the product is in Traditional Chinese, through tw.battle.net. Can I download and play English version game?
Or How can I buy an English version of the game in us.battle.net? The system always direct me to the tw.battle.net for Chinese version only.
Thx
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
I'm not 100% sure but I believe you should be able to install the enUS client, change the region to Taiwan and log in using your TW account.
Reply Quote
Any Bz answer?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hittle,

The site allows me to select the TW version so I'd think you'd be able to do the opposite.

When you get to the point on the site where you select the client, it will list the language below with an option to change. Do you not see that? If you select "change", the various clients should appear for you to select from.

Keep in mind, your use of the Real Money Auction House is based on your Battle.net Account Contact information location.

I having a similar problem. Im in Taiwan and Taiwan is also listed as my country of residency.

But my problem is I want to buy a US version. I am not proficient enough in Traditional Chinese to play a Traditional Chinese localized version of the game. Yet I cannot choose to pre-order a English client.

Please help me blue....
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Shadowstyles,

I can't do much for you as I'm in Technical Support. I can only suggest you call in and speak to a Billing rep.

All I can find is this link that may or may not help depending on how well you can read it. I can't at all :)

http://www.wowtaiwan.com.tw/04CustomerService/contactinfo.asp

It may be that you just need to buy what is offered. Once it's on your account, you should be able to download any language client you want.

In the case on tw.battle.net, it won't allow to change the language.
The only language stated is traditional Chinese.
So can I purchase the D3 game in tw.battle.bet and download an English client to play?

I understand that it is not the client language that limits the use of RMAH.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Mage
Rather rediculous. I understand language issues can happen when I live overseas, but why is it D3 only allows me to buy the game with a prepaid card, not my credit card? 1,499 points? What HKD amount is that? I suspect I will try and go to a store on tuesday, if I can be bothered (who am I kidding, I can be bothered, and unfortunately am bothered).

Language is one area blizzard fails at unfortunately. Why is it that the button to change language on the forums and such is in the same language as the forum? If I dont read chinese, how the heck am I supposed to figure out which button to push to change the language, assuming there is one?
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
Rather rediculous. I understand language issues can happen when I live overseas, but why is it D3 only allows me to buy the game with a prepaid card, not my credit card? 1,499 points? What HKD amount is that? I suspect I will try and go to a store on tuesday, if I can be bothered (who am I kidding, I can be bothered, and unfortunately am bothered).

Language is one area blizzard fails at unfortunately. Why is it that the button to change language on the forums and such is in the same language as the forum? If I dont read chinese, how the heck am I supposed to figure out which button to push to change the language, assuming there is one?

Bottom right of the Battle.net website, it has a world map image followed by "Region - Language": "台灣 - 繁體中文" <- "Taiwan - Traditional Chinese". And no, I dont speak Chinese either. And on the download page you *should* have a "(Change)" link or "(變更)" in Chinese.

北美 = North America

And why dont you play in the Southeast Asia region?
Edited by e1D#1473 on 5/12/2012 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I want to add that changing region and language in options does not help as you get an error message:

The client does not match the accounts native language.
Please use the games original client. Error 84.

Of course i donwloaded the zhTW version (only option if bought with tw bnet) and just chose the option given in the settings menu (English language).

Have to say that i am a little dissapointed now, i speak not a single word of traditional chinese and after all thet global play announcements i did not expect this kind of issues.

I think the major difference to SEA region (for the b.net purchase, as both use Asia game region) is that the SEA version has an enUS client support and the TW verison does not have.

So it kind of looks like I have to buy a second copy?
Reply Quote
Yeah I got Error 84 as well, but in the menu you can change the language which I'm not sure will help/not help (haven't tried)

EDIT: Nope. It appears that you have to download language files for it, and even then if it works I still can't read although I can play.
Edited by NeonTurtles#2974 on 5/14/2012 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem - I can only play in Chinese and I can't read or understand a word of Chinese. Blizzard assumes that if you live in HK, then you are Chinese. Well done!

Seriously, this is innacceptable AND ridiculous. I contacted support - if they dont solve this issue I will never play a Blizzard game ever again.
Reply Quote
Hi All,

Would appreciate a blizz response on this, also a HK user, but I'm English, so I have no concept of the Chinese language.
I also want to buy a digital copy of D3 since all shops here are only catering to the pre-orderers.
But I am completely non-plussed by these "Blizzard Points."

I have a Credit Card...
Why can't I use this to purchase your beautiful, masterful piece of art; Diablo 3!?
Reply Quote
I also have the same problem, and I am pretty frustrated right now. I tried downloading the GB English client but I got the Error 84 as well. Now I have to install the Chinese client and I'm not sure I'll be able to play, since I do understand Chinese but I can't read.... ><
Reply Quote
For TW:

If you bought before 15th you could only buy the taiwan version, which is locked in traditional chinese. Of course thats was not mentioned when you bought it...

It is NOT possible to buy a second digital version with global language support, as your license limit for that account is reached (wtf).

Support says it takes 3-5 working days to refund the taiwanese version and then re-buy the multilanguage version (again wtf).

If you buy after 15th: Just make sure to select in the dropdown menu the multinational verison (the more expansive one).

Support required a fax with a copy of the ID card - and my favorite part: The support does not speak english AT ALL. Not a single one.

Taiwan has around 500k permanent expats, thats not counting all those uhm less offical ones.
Reply Quote
59 Undead Death Knight
That sux.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]