Diablo® III

Streaming Failure

(Locked)

85 Tauren Druid
*sigh* as if the 10fps wasnt bad enough, now i cant even get past the Launcher to play the game.

Used to work fine before (launcher), clicked it, Launcher window pops up, says "Game is Up to Date." I click the "Play" button, and the little Diablo 3/Demon Head image pops up on my screen.....then nothing.

After about 20 seconds of nothing, an error window pops up, says:

"Streaming Failure

Diablo III was unable to initialize a streaming connection, which is required to download, patch, and repair files. Please check your connection settings."

Never seen this before, was able to access the game 4 or 5 hours ago using this same Launcher, so...whats the problem?
i have the same problem, is this to do with battlenet servers being down?
GOt same issue. Very frustrating
Yeah exact same problem now. From Singapore here. Anyone knows how to solve this?
Blizzard Employee
This can be caused by several factors.

1. Security Software
2. Ports being blocked. Make sure your router, firewall (and sometimes ISP provider) that all ports are opened for D3.
3. Corrupted Diablo III.mfil file. Try deleting this file and run the launcher

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
The 3rd step worked!! Thx a lot man! Though my character and everything got deleted
Edited by TechPh#6314 on 5/16/2012 5:17 AM PDT
3rd worked for me aswell!

1. Security Software
2. Ports being blocked. Make sure your router, firewall (and sometimes ISP provider) that all [url="http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479"]ports[/url] are opened for D3.

1/2. Tried both of these solutions extensively.
3. I can't even install the game. Downloaded fine, but can't install it.

I highly doubt any of the above are issues because my brother/father who are on PCs (I am on Mac) have the same issue.

And yes we have tried forwarding ALL ports - we have been doing this for years with other Blizzard games.

Keep trying... I will keep waiting.
3rd worked for me too :)
I did step three and it worked, but now it wont let me "connect to battle.net" right after you log in
Edward - I'm having the same issue. In fact I went so far as using Python to setup a simple web server to listen on the ports required by the Blizzard Downloader and Diablo 3. I was able to connect to those ports from the internet to my MacBook Pro - demonstrating that the port forwarding was working without a doubt. I shutdown the web server, checked that the ports on my MBP were no longer in use and fired up the installer - and promptly received the "Streaming cannot be initialized" error.

There is some problem that Blizzard hasn't yet identified with the installer on Macs.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

1. Security Software
2. Ports being blocked. Make sure your router, firewall (and sometimes ISP provider) that all [url="http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479"]ports[/url] are opened for D3.

I tried step 3 seemed to get past it, but when i try to log on it comes up with, "Unable to Connect with the service or connection was intterupted, (Error 3003)"
Anyone got any ideas?
05/16/2012 03:09 AMPosted by Machkhan

It worked for me! Thanks a lot!! :)
I started having this problem yesterday, but intermittently.

If I keep trying for two or three times, it goes through. Clearly it is not something on my end. What gives?
First step worked fine for me :)
So deleting the .mfil file allowed me to get past the "Streaming Failure" message, but now when I try to connect I get stuck on the "Connecting to Battle.net" step. I can wait for an hour, and it's still there. Before the patch I just installed, I could log on in less than 10 seconds.

What the hell.
Blizzard Employee
So deleting the .mfil file allowed me to get past the "Streaming Failure" message, but now when I try to connect I get stuck on the "Connecting to Battle.net" step. I can wait for an hour, and it's still there. Before the patch I just installed, I could log on in less than 10 seconds.

What the hell.

Does your launcher state Game is up to date?

Also, try doing a power cycle/DNS flush to see if it helps now.

Powercycle network devices
    1. Unplug your modem and router (if you have one.)
    2. Let them set for 30-60 seconds.
    3. Plug them back in modem first, then the router.
    4. Test

Flush the DNS
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/ and launch Terminal.
    2. Copy/Paste the following:
    dscacheutil -flushcache3. Press return.
    Note: You will not get any feedback from Terminal if this is done correctly on any OS.
    4. Test.
how do I delete mfil file?
never mind, upon actually looking i found it
I am having the same issue. I deleted the .mfil to bypass streaming error, now I can't connect to battle net in Diablo III (when I cnacel, my game freezes/crashes). My firewall is off, there is an exception in for D3 as well. I tried Powercycling network devices and flushing DNS (the PC way) but that did not work. I have Windows Vista and I know this is under Mac support, but I cant find any other forums with anything that works. If you could point me in the right direction that'd be great. Sorry, I'm kinda new at these forums.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]