Diablo® III

Who else thinks Blizzard has ruined wizard?

What kind of wizard only cast 6 skills? and its an online game?? lol what a joke.
The fact is, wizard cant even be a glass cannon, its just a glass...more of a vase, probably an ancient one just because its pretty and full of shet that makes it seem priceless but it really is just worthless.
I have played Wizards since release it was alright through normal and nightmare, but once reach Hell mode problem rises. well...i take that back lol its been problematic, only bearable in normal and nightmare.
Here is my impression of how "mage" class should be:
1. mass single hit damage
2. wide area affected spells
3. damage over defense
4. weak in beginning, strong late game class

Here is my impression of wizard in Diablo 3 (currently lvl 58, maybe im not at 60 and couldnt feel it?? but still, shouldnt be that much different)
First, they are weak in beginning, not just weak but really weak due to lack of equipment, strong mid game but like that matters? lol really weak late game.
It becomes this really useless thing late game where you dont even know what you should be building because almost all skills are useless and all your skill slots are used on defensive spells because you are just so fking fragile.
You cant build health because having lots of red does nothing and since diamond skin takes fixed amount of damage instead of pure % health or pure time effect if you use it with energy armor having high health will only bring you down on the effect (forgot to mention i got all the data from diablo wiki, not sure how accurate but seems decent http://www.diablowiki.net/Wizard). Also since you are not building strength and armor having lots of health is pretty much just a psychological comfort, really does nothing.
You cant tank like barbarian, you dont have anything to tank for you like witch doctor because mirror images are useless and you get auto locked lol its such a pathetic skill, i cant begin to describe how useless it is. you cant dodge like demon hunter or monk, and you cant really heal. mage is not a magic damage bursting cannon anymore but just a magic dps, and if we want a fking dps why dont we just play the bloody demon hunter??? considering how it took forever to release this game this is beyond disappointing.
Wizards are especially useless in front of elites that has better mobility than you. Especially in hell mode when those btches usually bring 3 shielded minions with them and those three are the ones that does most of the damage. (That is also funny because I read one of the interview the developer actually said they took away life steal because in D2 it made players seems immortal that only 1 hit KO abilities from monsters are the only thing that can kill them, so they took away all the immunities and 1 hit KO from monsters as well as high life steal from players lol which to me only the second part seems true). Usually when that happens you either die quickly or you get chased and die a bit slower. you cant even hit and run and hit because they regenerate health so fast its fking ridiculous. Oh maybe you can invite people in to fight them together!! how wonderful, but noooooo becasue the more players in the game the stronger the monsters will become. Maybe its meant to be a challenge? lol right because fighting an elite being more of a challenge than fighting a boss is definitely the right way to go.

Not even sure if posting this on here will do anything, do they even check the forum? will
there be updates? Is the update gonna take 2 years to realse? lololol

Anyway, so since you cant out run them maybe you can try to fight them, just pop your diamon skin, energy armor, and all those defensive skills and....what is this?! you are left with no offensive skills!!! how sad....all you can do now is run with the hope that you might not die.
What if you half half? lol its sad....half half....useful when fighting none elites, swipe an entire area in seconds and? lol still dies in 2 seconds when fighting elite just because you dont do any damage
here are the damage spells

Meteor - takes forever, does around 200% damage, but takes forever to comedown

arcane orb - 175% damage, imediate cast, no cd, low cost lmao why would you choose meteor instead of this?

falling icicles (i personally like to call it water droplets but it does have icicle sounds - blizzard likes to call it blizzard) - damage over time lol as if the enemy will stay in that zone, you dont need it for minions, and elites wont stay in, useless

twister - pretty skill, resembles wizards the most, pretty but useless (good to cast if you want to lure a girl into playing this game)

disintegrate - never really liked it, especially useless when doing hit and runs, good when fighting minions but hey, there are other abilities more cost effective than this, such as arcane orb and hydra

hydra - useful, but lack damage late game, only lightning hydra is good, maybe arcane too but other ones are pretty useless, especially frost and mammoth

arcane torrent - can burst, in fact, with power run it is the only spell in which i feel the damage is suitable for a wizard but, lol like its any useful, wasting 10 seconds standing there and not even a single shot hits when the enemy's all over the place

explosive blast - not really a point to it, not even as useful as wave of force

wave of force - useful early game but cant do much but to save you late game and you cant even use it to save you because it has a super long cool down, after all, a fart that massive sure needs a long build up for it

ray of frost - lol single target, lolololol oh ray of frost lol what is the point of your existence i still wonder today

as of all the signatures, electrocute and shock pulse (piercing orb) and arcane missile (split rune) are the only 3 useful things

Archon is somewhat useful but lets face it, it really isnt useful late game

teleport - most pathetic teleport in history, cant go through walls, gets blocked by corners, 16 second cool down is a joke, illuminist is a bigger joke

energy armor - reduce damage over 35% of your health to 35% of your health, useful for bosses but bosses lol who needs that for bosses, useless against elites

diamond skin - over powered early, escape ability late game, not even that useful as escape, cant tank anymore

frost shield - i find this really useful, but since you can only have 1 shielding ability at a time lol (because having all three would definitely make you immortal and also useless lol) and it only freeze on contact its not even useful late game

slow time - fun when you fart inside but it really just stinks up the whole place, mostly useless

mirror image - as previously described, does no damage, doesnt attract enemy, doesnt fool anyone but you

and tons of other abilities thats just there for show
i dont even know where wizards fall under anymore, maybe expert escapist? hows that sounds?
tons of abilities that is defensive, protective and all that and when it comes to damage, really why would anyone choose to have a wizard when you can have a demon hunter to tank for?

anyway...too lazy to continue writing and i bet you guys wont even read this far anyway lol
too disappointed in wizards....i have 13k damage, 14 k health, probably not a strong wiz but i shouldnt be as weak as i am right now, 6 abilities for a wizard is just pathetic

they just need a remake for this class....
all those shields should be passive and not a fking active skill that takes a skill slot
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I'm enjoying my wizard, I'm using Archon/disingrate just fine up to act 2 inferno. And I'd imagine I would do fine in act 3 and 4 once I upgrade my gear which just isn't that good right now.
Reply Quote
The short version for those who didn't want to read:

Why do mobs kill me so quick? Why do I have to have a bunch of defensive skills?
I could have designed these skills better. How are they useful? Buff Wizard.

Yes I'm only in Nightmare but my guildmate is in Hell with a Wizard and he's not having issues soloing. BTW he's not using the force armor "exploit" which has triggered so many QQ forums today. To my understanding you have to pick the right skills for the situation and picking a bad one can screw us over since we are basically forced into taking buffs/armor on our hotbar in order to 1) Kill the enemies really quick or 2) Survive really long.
Edited by Pandorian#1413 on 5/23/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm having a hard time resisting saying "L2P" while reading your take on Wizard abilities.

Remember, there is only one common factor in all of your failures in life.

You.
Edited by Mysticforce#1698 on 5/23/2012 2:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Mage
05/23/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Nacilep
I'm enjoying my wizard, I'm using Archon/disingrate just fine up to act 2 inferno. And I'd imagine I would do fine in act 3 and 4 once I upgrade my gear which just isn't that good right now.

are you serious... pop Archon in act 2 inferno on any elites and you're going to get 1 shot. Even with 30k hp. Regular mobs still hit for 18k each... Good luck spamming disingrate even with full % movement speed on boots stuff is still going to chase you without a slow. Frostnova only lasts like 1 second on inferno and diamond skin is only worth 1 hit. Ye I think this poster is lieing. Video or screenies of character or you're lieing.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
05/23/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Gdiscyllu

are you serious... pop Archon in act 2 inferno on any elites and you're going to get 1 shot. Even with 30k hp. Regular mobs still hit for 18k each... Good luck spamming disingrate even with full % movement speed on boots stuff is still going to chase you without a slow. Frostnova only lasts like 1 second on inferno and diamond skin is only worth 1 hit. Ye I think this poster is lieing. Video or screenies of character or you're lieing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152410613

And here's an album of my !@#$ gear. http://imgur.com/a/MTqbs

I have nothing to gain from lying. I can do act 2 fairly easily, only die to shielding/mortar and then it only takes me a max of 2 deaths to nuke them down.
Reply Quote
Mysticforce said enough, don't need to add more actually.
Reply Quote
I do have to agree on this a little.
I completed Nightmare, today and Hell is just.. wtf.
it become very focused towards single builds, where they claimed all skills will be usefull.
if you stand still in Hell Mode for a second you death already, or you kite like a idiot only to die later.

this give me a very poor game impression, and have nothing to do with making game harder.
but poor design testing.
Reply Quote
my wizard is doing just fine on hell. archon and energy armor both suck.
Reply Quote
I think it's funny that you guys thought they wouldn't balance the classes. Come on! Seriously?? The game is out for a week...more changes are coming, trust me. I've played enough of these games to know that. Personally, I'm not even done with the normal mode yet...I'm simply enjoying the ride.

If you really want everything to stay the same in the game...you should nt have bothered to purchase it. Personally, the wizard class is about versatility and skill, kiting...your not a walking tank....play like it. I love these skills and graphically, this is a stunning game....you whiners should stick to your XBoxes...let the real players play on computers.
Reply Quote
you CANT kite if the mobs run 4x times faster then you are with 10% speed bonus.
like i say poor design chooses.
Reply Quote

hydra - useful, but lack damage late game, only lightning hydra is good, maybe arcane too but other ones are pretty useless, especially frost and mammoth

ray of frost - lol single target, lolololol oh ray of frost lol what is the point of your existence i still wonder today

as an ice mage, frost hydra synergizes well with ray of frost. with cold blood passive and cold blood rune, magic weapon and familar, they can do some hurting on even blues. if you can find a choke point to funnel the mobs this strat does very well... till you run into ice immune:D
Reply Quote
I run tank wizard with energy armor used the CORRECT way, freeze + diamond skin rotation, 60%+ damage reduction (80% to melee if i want to use blur). I do just fine against anything i encounter in solo Hell....inferno is going to be a nightmare however
Reply Quote
love all the guys crying about hell, its eaz mode if you dont have so crappy gear. Inferno is hard but i like a challange, if you dont go play normalmode please and dont make blizzard nerf the game. Its fun to play against a challange it sucks to just roflstomp everything!
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 02:38 PMPosted by derpmike
Its fun to play against a challange it sucks to just roflstomp everything!

QFT
Reply Quote
*Psst* I'm not the OP. I'm not asking for a build. I'm perfectly satisfied with my play experience. The OP was saying how he didn't find Wizard viable and I was stating that I know someone who does. Not only that, but there are plenty of other people playing Wizard who find it viable.

So ignoring most of your post assuming I was OP, I agree with your last 3 sentences: "Wizard is the hardest class to play in D3. It has been said on other sub forums by other classes. Take pride in that, or roll up an easy mode class and join the rest of the norm."

Also, I'm rofl-stomping Nightmare, thus my clarification in case people wanted to pull the "You don't know what you're talking about" card.

The short version for those who didn't want to read:

Why do mobs kill me so quick? Why do I have to have a bunch of defensive skills?
I could have designed these skills better. How are they useful? Buff Wizard.

Yes I'm only in Nightmare but my guildmate is in Hell with a Wizard and he's not having issues soloing. BTW he's not using the force armor "exploit" which has triggered so many QQ forums today. To my understanding you have to pick the right skills for the situation and picking a bad one can screw us over since we are basically forced into taking buffs/armor on our hotbar in order to 1) Kill the enemies really quick or 2) Survive really long.

First of all just read what you said please. " I'm only in Nightmare"...dude you should be having no problem in NM. Your playing the class wrong straight up. People dont realize that the mobs drastically change from difficulty level to level. I have had to change my builds 3 or 4 times to counter the different levels. "To my understanding you have to pick the right skills for the situation"... Well that is pretty obvious right? Im not going to bring a clothing hangar to change my tire right? Cmon man your tools are there at your disposal some are better then others depending on play style, dps, positioning, etc. I think you want a cookie cutter spec that %*##s everything and you dont want to work for it. Wizard is the hardest class to play in D3. It has been said on other sub forums by other classes. Take pride in that, or roll up an easy mode class and join the rest of the norm.
Edited by Pandorian#1413 on 5/23/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This stupid thread goes against everything i've seen....

Apparently you have not seen even vampyric/shielding/teleporting/chaining champions that wtfpwn you in 3 seconds. They laugh at your blizzard (which you have not yet seen probably either) because they have like 10x speed boost and are at your feet in seconds.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Leo
teleport - most pathetic teleport in history, cant go through walls, gets blocked by corners, 16 second cool down is a joke, illuminist is a bigger joke

not to mention you cant teleport through pillars -_- or across gaps or most of the places a barb can easily jump... oh and if it decides to miss your intended location it blows your cd and have to wait... worst skill in game currently... demon hunter has 10 times the manuverability barbs can charge and leap all day even monks can tele, why not use the same 'code' for the barbs jump with "wizard animation" that makes more sense to me
Edited by Arcbound#1355 on 5/23/2012 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]