Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

07/14/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Kohryu
channeled abilities like Ray of Frost gain more Life on Hit with a higher attack speed
Reply Quote
my crit melee wizard I'm building:
15K dps
40K HP
450 resist
5800 armor

My question is, in general when looking for items on the AH, what's the correlation LOH vs VIT i should look for?

100 vit = 100 loh? 100 vit = 200 loh?

any advice would appreciated
thank you
Reply Quote
Hopefully this thread will get more attention now that the trade spam is gone.
Reply Quote
07/15/2012 02:10 AMPosted by wuttang
My question is, in general when looking for items on the AH, what's the correlation LOH vs VIT i should look for?

I don't think vitality and life-on-hit really have anything to do with each other, apart from the fact that less armor/resistance (which might result from over-budgeting your stats on too much vitality) makes your LoH Less useful. But generally, you're going to get most of your LoH from a weapon anyway, and while weapons can have large quantities of vitality, LoH is probably the most important stat there (once dps and dps-related stats are considered), and it doesn't really matter if it has vitality or not.
Reply Quote
Can you do a report/study on AttackSpeed, Critical on the spells?

ie,
Does IAS affect Hydra, Blizzard?
Does Hydra, Blizzard proc Critical?
Reply Quote
from what i've read
hyrdas don't crit
blizzard, yes, but not a lot.
Edited by wuttang#3836 on 7/15/2012 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
from what i've read
hyrdas don't crit
blizzard, yes, but not a lot

i know arcane hyrda crits, i've tested it, and i'm told venom hyrda crits just doesnt proc cm,
Reply Quote
Does anyone know if channeled abilities like Ray of Frost gain more Life on Hit with a higher attack speed? Obviously regular spells do, but I'm just not sure about Ray of Frost because it seems like you're saying it only does 66% per second.

Also shouldn't Ray of Frost be 100% because it's single target? Silly Blizzard.
If it ticks faster it should apply LoH faster and therefore get you more LoH per second.

You can check easily enough I think by just equipping a single LoH effect then equipping lots of AS bonuses and looking at the difference in your green numbers.
Reply Quote
bump for a read later.
Reply Quote
Very good guide, wish you could expand it to other classes here :) info is so scattered around and hardly ever as documented

Thx again
Reply Quote
Bump for great justice
Reply Quote
Still trying to get my spectral blades wizard through Inferno A3. Perhaps more LoH will get me there...
Reply Quote
nice work
Reply Quote
really nice! thank you
Reply Quote
based on these proc coefficients, and if they are indeed the same for crits triggering crit mass, wicked wind and chain reaction doenst seem all that good. then why does so many ppl use it? could i achieve similar results with spectral blade deep cuts and use unleashed rune on explosive blast instead of chain reaction? it would eliminate the need of ap on crit from my gear.
Reply Quote
View profile
WW is 5x better than blizzard that's why. It's fire and forget - unlike spectral blade - which allows you to cast other spells at same time.

And good work OP.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 7/24/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I still don't understand why hydra doesn't heal for us. We get a dmg nerf any time a reflect dmg mob comes up because we can't use our spells in conjunction with loh.
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 03:12 PMPosted by CtrlAltD1337
based on these proc coefficients, and if they are indeed the same for crits triggering crit mass, wicked wind and chain reaction doenst seem all that good.

07/24/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Aimless
WW is 5x better than blizzard that's why.

I believe the twister coefficient is 50%, not 10% - the OP has not been updated yet.

Not too hard to test yourself - just buy a weapon with 100 life on hit, take off any regen or other life on hit gear, or skills that give health, get hurt a bit, then twister something and read the green number. In theory, it should heal you 50 health per second for each mob getting hit.
Reply Quote
Thanks for your effort. Good stuff!
Reply Quote
Amazing Post.

Thanks.

I have wizard with glass cannon build. My weapon was 870DPS + 2000 life after kill.

I was having hard times dealing with A2 elites; especially with shielding and invul. minions.

So i decided to invest on life on hit items in order to survive.

And i bought a new weapon (400 life on hit + 2.90 life steal, 920DPS) and an amulet.

My total life on hit was 900. And it never helped. I couldnt get the life i need in order to survive.

I changed my build to WW + critical mass (+frost nova + explosion) but still i couldnt` get the life i needed.

So i decided to cancel my operation on life on hit items.

i turned to the point where i began; life after kill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]