Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

Think I need to switch back to using Meteo for my crit build, I just can't seem to make myself use wicked wind. I've used blades forever with explosive blast, and can't quite finish act 3 with it.

If only I had just a billion more gold...
Reply Quote
@cem

I've just started using LoH, and I've come to the conclusion that the key is crits. I'm using a WW/blades build now that goes through act 2 Inferno with amazing survivability. Admittedly my dps took a big it (only 35k now self buffed) but I don't mind taking longer to kill critters if I'm not dying. Up your crit chance to over 20% and crit damage as high as you can (mine's still low at 149%) set your passives so that crit hits refresh your skills so you can spam them & you'll see a difference I'm sure.

@ OP thanks much for this, a friend of mine emailed me this link, and it's given me a new way to go, and I'm having fun. You helped me tremendously!
Edited by Infinity#1391 on 7/31/2012 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I read the first post but did not see if Ice Armor's Jagged ice and Storm Armor's co-efficiency rate. Do they leech?
Reply Quote
Posting to this thread so I can find it later. Great thread!

I recently started using a high DPS weapon that had no vitality bonus on it so I put a nice amethyst gem on it so that I could get some Life On Hit instead. I was wondering why my Perfect Square Amethyst was not giving me 105 health for each hit.

I did notice that my primary attack (Siphoning Blade) was healing me a lot more than my Arcane Orb (Obliteration). It looks like I will need to use Siphoning Blade when I am up close and then Ray of Frost when I am far away to earn more life on hit.
Edited by mentok1982#1212 on 8/3/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
great post , requested sticky . idk bout u guys but i still prefer lifesteal than LOH , because we wizards deal massive dmg and crits and the return hp can reach thousands.
Edited by mth#6552 on 8/3/2012 9:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Just found this, Thanks a ton.
Reply Quote
10/10 OP
Reply Quote
Nice work :)

just wondering how much lif on hit you need in inferno(act 3-4)?
is 1200 enough? trying to play as a melee-tank.
Reply Quote
Nice thread will Wicked Wind need to be updated after patch 1.0.4 since proc coefficients are tied in with Life on Hit?
Reply Quote
08/02/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Jibikao
I read the first post but did not see if Ice Armor's Jagged ice and Storm Armor's co-efficiency rate. Do they leech?

No.
Reply Quote
Anyone knows if Diamond Skin runed with Mirror Skin ( Reflects 50% of damage absorbed back at the attacker ) procs Life on Hit?
I searched the forums but only found a thread regarding Life Steal.
Reply Quote
Very nice and comprehensive guide. But I couldn't help but notice Diamond Shards is missing from the list. I know it procs for critical-hits and life-on-hit, so I would just like to know by how much.
Reply Quote
bump for great justice
Reply Quote
Is Arcane Torrent coeficient taking into account that every 8 mana you spend (10 prior patch) you get two missiles, so, 4 missiles after a full round of missiles, or is it counting a 8 mana cast as a missile?
Edited by Gui#1997 on 8/22/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Make his text green!
Reply Quote
How accurate is the information post 1.04?

I notice wicked winds states 10% per target per tick. But I recall reading a blue mention it got nerfed from 0.25 to 0.125.
Reply Quote
How accurate is the information post 1.04?

I notice wicked winds states 10% per target per tick. But I recall reading a blue mention it got nerfed from 0.25 to 0.125.

Although they work together Co-efficient procs are different from LoH percentages, they're still 10% but 10% of 0.125 instead of .25 which is why it seems like you need double the LoH, when in reality you just need more haste.
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 8/26/2012 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh. Thanks for the explanation. I obviously misunderstood and thought the figures mentioned were the spell Co-efficients.

Is there anywhere we can find data on wizard spell coefficients?
Reply Quote
Oh. Thanks for the explanation. I obviously misunderstood and thought the figures mentioned were the spell Co-efficients.

Is there anywhere we can find data on wizard spell coefficients?

If you speak about the damage of the skills in 1.04 and what they do you have the game guide :
ACTIVE SKILLS : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/
PASSIVES SKILLS : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/passive/
CROWD CONTROL REDUCTION : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty

If you speak about proc ratio in 1.04 we launched a thread in the European forum :
PROC RATIO : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208511084
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 8/27/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]