Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

This is a huge help, thanks.

One question: Where's the Magic Weapon data? I would test it myself, but I'm not level capped yet.
Reply Quote
I had a bow that had 547 life per hit (among other skills) plus it had a socket. i put a star amethyst into it +300 LPH. Gave it to a DH friend so he could 1 hand it. I havent seen anything with higher LPH since that bow.
Reply Quote
Can you test life steal as well? With the little experimenting i have done, some things that dont grant life on hit do grant life steal i.e. the dot from deep cuts.
Reply Quote
How accurate is the information post 1.04?

I notice wicked winds states 10% per target per tick. But I recall reading a blue mention it got nerfed from 0.25 to 0.125.

Although they work together Co-efficient procs are different from LoH percentages, they're still 10% but 10% of 0.125 instead of .25 which is why it seems like you need double the LoH, when in reality you just need more haste.

Negative! 0.125 = 12.5%.

New coefficients:

Mistral Breeze: 12.5%
Gale Force: 12.5%
Raging Storm: 12.5%
Wicked Wind: 12.5%
Storm Chaser: 50% (likely a bug)
Twister released by signature spell from Storm Chaser rune: 50%

Edit: Note that this is per "tick" and Energy Twister ticks twice per second, so you'll see life regen ticks of 25% of your LoH every second (per target per twister).

08/28/2012 10:05 PMPosted by lokibunny
Can you test life steal as well? With the little experimenting i have done, some things that dont grant life on hit do grant life steal i.e. the dot from deep cuts.

If you're using Blood Weapon, it's bugged with some skills apparently, Archon in particular.
Edited by Dragonfly#1941 on 8/29/2012 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Dragonfly

Life steal is supposed to heal you by a proportion of the damage you deal. However the amount of healing received is reduced by the difficulty level. In inferno you only get 20% of what you would be supposed to be healed if the tool tips was accurate.

So let's say you deal 10000 damage to a monster and you get 10% life steal on your gear. If you are in normal you would be healed for 1000 HP but in inferno you are healed by 200 HP. Life steal does not use proc ratios by any mean. Devs told us that they calibrated life steal to be the best solution for high dps toon that want to deal damage in aoe. I don't remember the exact quotation so look for it in the forum if you are interested.

Right now : Life on hit has proven to be more effective for a variety of toons. However my feeling is that with end game gear you probably want to have an healthy mix of both : life on hit and life steal.

If you want to run a build centered around life steal I advise you to take a slow two handed weapon with absurd amount of damage/crit damage/main attribute. Get a lot of bonus on your main attribute and spam high damaging skills like crazy.

Have fun, see you in game :)
Edited by Guybrush#2456 on 8/29/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is very helpful information, thank you for the hard work.
Reply Quote
awesome information! Sticky requested
Reply Quote
I am aware of the modifier to life steal based on difficulty. However, I currently run both life on hit and life steal which seems to work well. I used to use blood magic and healing blades on a previous build and it worked decently. Also, sticky was requested. You are awesome. =D
Reply Quote
hey guys

lots of pages to read but im interested in life on hit...with archon

is it 1/4?
Reply Quote
great work thank you!

i will test a melee wiz build with LOH (about 2500 - 3000 per hit) tonight.
trying to do it with a 2 hand weapon
and about 45k hp
7000 armor
dmg (don't know yet)

i will come up if there are any new results or findings
Reply Quote
any updates?
Reply Quote
Regarding Magic weapon and blood magic, blood magic doesn't give you 1.5% life steal, it isn't shown in the character description menu anyway, so it may not be affected by difficulty. Requires some testing
Reply Quote
Just out of curiosity, anyone know the proc coefficient of a standard white attack?
Reply Quote
Bump for awesomeness.
Reply Quote
And another bump for pure and untainted awesomeness
Reply Quote
Props to Blizzard in their diligence to keeping vitally important data a complete mystery to the players by not only neglecting to publish this data themselves, but then going so far as to refuse to even sticky the thread which has researched and clarified things.

One question: Where's the Magic Weapon data? I would test it myself, but I'm not level capped yet.

I have not scientifically tested this AT ALL, but from what I can tell Magic Weapon (and its runes) don't have their own proc co-effs, but instead use the procs of the skill being used. In other words, they are the skills "getting proced", and not the skills "triggering procs".

So while MW: Venom is on, Blizzard and Hydra will see almost zero poison damage. On the other hand, Magic Missile will get full poison bonus.

I think that is separate from flat % bonus to damage, which seems to give full bonus to blizz and hydra (and all skills) regardless of their low proc co-effs.
Edited by KevlarGolem#1310 on 9/13/2012 2:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Great work over there. However I would like to know what are the stats for Storm Armor and Ice Armor. Thanks a lot
Reply Quote
bump again for great justice
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 04:08 PMPosted by SilentExodus
I still don't understand why hydra doesn't heal for us. We get a dmg nerf any time a reflect dmg mob comes up because we can't use our spells in conjunction with loh.

Yea.. can someone tells blizzard to fix this.. I'm getting killed not because Elites kill me, but my Hydra kills me with reflect damage from Elites. Meanwhile, I do not get LOH or Life steal from Hydra.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]