Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

100 Human Paladin
05/27/2012 11:08 PMPosted by RageQuit
btw curious if familiar does anything.

Dang, I forgot about that one.

05/27/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Doms
I heard some guy saying that venom hydra + life on hit works really well and is a border-line exploit - therefore I'm asking.

Maybe it was Life Steal %? That's different than life-on-hit. I could have mis-performed the test though. Can someone try it again?
Reply Quote
Great post
Reply Quote

I heard some guy saying that venom hydra + life on hit works really well and is a border-line exploit - therefore I'm asking.

Maybe it was Life Steal %? That's different than life-on-hit. I could have mis-performed the test though. Can someone try it again?

IIRC the issue with Hydra is that it is proccing life-on-death when despawning.
Edited by kalisti#1576 on 5/28/2012 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i did some testing last night and was really saddened to see that hydra doesnt give you life on hit^^

anyways, great work

edit: spam hydra=heal up?
Edited by Sdrakkon#2776 on 5/28/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thx OP, really amazing stuff
Reply Quote
Thanks for the work, good job.
Reply Quote

Just tested this myself with 400 life per second regen, and 1273 life after kill. Was getting 4k heal ticks when spamming hydra, lmfao
Reply Quote
Awesome thread OP, ty.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Just tested this myself with 400 life per second regen, and 1273 life after kill. Was getting 4k heal ticks when spamming hydra, lmfao

That's obviously a bug that's about to be fixed I'm sure.

Life-on-kill is different than both lifesteal% and life-on-hit.

Anyways, without using bugged hydra, I think the best way to heal up (outside of health globes and potions) in Inferno for a wizard is to stack life-on-hit combined with life-per-second. Life-on-kill really does nothing for you when you need it most (ie: before the monsters are dead). I guess it could really help with Illusionist monsters, but otherwise, I'd take life-on-hit, because right now, lifesteal% isn't working all that well in Inferno since it's only 20% effective.

By the way, what are the biggest life-on-hit items you guys have seen?
Edited by Dekkar#1990 on 5/28/2012 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Familiar doesn't proc Life on Hit. The snare via Temporal Flux works. Other on-hit effects occured, but not quite as expected. I had 4.3% Freeze, 4.0% Fear, 2.0% Stun and did about 200 hits on Zombies with the Familiar alone. Only 1 proc of each type :(

How can you master a game, whose rules are undocumented?

Of course balancing is a necessity, but Life on Hit has just become an obscure stat from what we read here. Not intuitive and as always subject to undocumented change. Unfortunately it isn't the only thing - no problem to come up with a bunch of questions that would take very long to test.

How can you master a game without knowing the rules?
Reply Quote
Thanks very much for taking your time to test and compile this information. I have this post bookmarked for a handy guide, and I'm very sure I will be using this more and more as I switch difficulty levels.

Sticky this post! A lot of hard work and dedication went into this, and it could very well become a highly viewed thread.
Reply Quote
I was looking for this exact information, thank you so much for dedicating the time to figure this out.
Reply Quote
Just jumping in with a big fat thanks to OP!!!! Good stuff!
Reply Quote
Brilliant post! Thanks very much. I was just wondering yesterday how this worked out.
Sticky requested.
Reply Quote
i salute you sr, now i can build my build around this ,now i will change my build around this info thanks!
Reply Quote
good stuff
Reply Quote
cool post bumb... but i did want to know what thrown blades did....
Reply Quote
Hmm I tested Ice beam yesterday with 411 life on hit item and was only getting 170 ticks which would make it sub 50% correct?
Reply Quote
Bump for an amazing post. Just to be clear "per tick" means per second right? 2 other skills I would be curious aboutNis the familiar and MW/venom rune. From what I understand venom rune used to proc LOH, but I doubt it does anymore.

Also it's a real bummer to see that hydras do nothing. I could have sworn they used to (arcane hydras used to regen like crazy for me iirc).

I'm also a bit curious if this related to Arcane power on crit at all. I feel like I used to regen AP and LOH a lot faster before the CM nerf. I wonder if their fix affected both of these systems.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
This information really does help making decisions that much easier. Surge of Power doesn't seem so pitiful anymore if I know I can use it as a decent regen tool for AP AND HP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]