Diablo® III

List of Life-on-Hit for Wizards

AWESOME

I am recently testing some mechanics with abilities+weap dmg types+passives myself so just to add a few things =)

i dont do it as professional as u guys ... lack of time ;/

well here some test/ideas :

for example the on hit chance to stun with paralysis+spectral blade->deep cuts (88.8%) with a weapon doing LIGHTNING dmg equipped is pretty awesome cauze
if the tooltip says u do weapon dmg (and not xx% weapon dmg as *INSERT TYPE* dmg) u do the type of dmg on ure weapon.. -> abilities "overwrite" the weapon dmg.
I did not found a weapon yet with xx-xxx dmg + yy-yyy TYPE dmg where y>x so
Maybe the "bigger" element dmg will be the boss... idk..
tested it with 6 different crossbows (ALL THE ELEMENTS!) with a total of 9-11 weapon dmg + 1-2 type dmg of each type, on each crossbow
Btw: the first 3 zombies in act 1 (all except inferno-> there it is most of the time Oo) 'almost' dont hit u if they would kill u with that hit -> pretty nice for some tests =)

i did test it with just the crossbow autoattack (means 100% weapon dmg) and some skills

i also tested the familar dmg types + some passives
seems like the on hit does not (or almost not) work but the 100% chances to slow/do more dmg with temporal flux / conflagration do work with familar attacks (and others like hydra obv.)

obviously the familar atk speed scales with ures
(think on the fact that atk speed increases tooltip dmg only, NOT the actually numbers popping up... the familar also shoots on almost every action of ure hero .. even tp :D )

so familar+sparkflint does actually +12%dmg + 10% increased dmg from conflagration total of 22% increased dmg of all sources (+ the 20%weapon dmg of the hit) .. pretty cool^^

further more i need to test the +x%TYPE dmg on several items

+3 fire dmg increases fire dmg skills AND weapon dmg skills if a fire weapon is equipped

id also like to point out that some skills also "scale" on hit with RANGE.!?!
for ex. Mammoth Hydra
It does more dmg, the closer the enemies are to the Center .. (did not test with life/hit yet -> time missing :E)
Also Acid Cloud - Acid Rain on the WD works that way.
look here for on hit WD Maths :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271499223

seems like dmg scaling on distance to the center is similar to the on hit effects (all of em) on those skills ... pretty scary ideas in my mind .. stark winter maybe needs further testing? :S?

sry for bad english/gramma i am tired testing all night long :p

oh and stick it pls <3
Reply Quote
Good information here, thank you for sharing!
Reply Quote
Nope - post says familiars and Hydras don't heal.

This was a great post - sticky requested.
Reply Quote
bump for great justice!

PLEASE sticky this.
Reply Quote
So with all of this being said whats best to go with should we get life on hit on our weps since it would help even more having some life regen coupled with galvanizing ward? or go with the exploit of spamming hydras to heal with life after kill until blizzard patches it.
Reply Quote
I really like this build, but I'm scared to spend any gold on items as I can already feel the nerf hammer :( Blizzard loves to nerf the good stuff :(
Reply Quote
Thanks for this; requested a sticky :)
Reply Quote
Dekkar, since Critical Mass proc chances are basically the same as the LoH coefficient, you may want to add that to the introduction of the post. There are a lot of people still interested in CM, and it would be great to let them know there's at least some concrete information about proc chances.
Reply Quote
Great post
Reply Quote
thanks for the great posts!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Blizz likes to switch up formulas with patches. I wonder if anything changed.
Reply Quote
Wtf. How many requests for a sticky does a thread have to get before mods do anything about it?
Reply Quote
Great Thread. really nice.
sticky request sent, and rate sent

keep the good work #bump
Edited by Zervo#6543 on 6/19/2012 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love you, and I bookmarked this.
Reply Quote
It seems like Piercing Orb (Shock Pulse) is healing for a lot more since the patch, I have some NV stacks so ill test it properly later and try some other forms of shock pulse, but it seems closer to 50%.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
06/20/2012 02:42 AMPosted by DirkDiggler
It seems like Piercing Orb (Shock Pulse) is healing for a lot more since the patch, I have some NV stacks so ill test it properly later and try some other forms of shock pulse, but it seems closer to 50%.

Let's test this one further. The patch may have had some undocumented changes, or I measured it incorrectly. That's why I'm asking other wizard enthusiasts to verify my numbers for the benefit of everyone.

I've made my own tests for the Meteor spell using the same technique (since I use a Meteor spec with heavy crit and AP-on-crit gear) and would like to add some corrections to this data:
Meteor hits (with any rune except for Meteor Shower) yield 25% life-on-hit (same as Meteor ticks), not 50%. It's just that a life-on-hit proc on the initial Meteor impact occurs simultaneously with the first 'burning ground' tick, and healing numbers get merged.

So if a mob gets hit by a Meteor and stands in the fire for its full duration, you get a total of 100% of your life-on-hit amount, not 125%.

Also, Meteor Shower seems to leave a burning ground effect with a shorter duration, which seems to proc life-on-hit with a 10% modifier, but the nature of this spell makes it difficult to test.

Noted in the original post. Thanks!

06/15/2012 12:53 PMPosted by elbicnivni
Dekkar, since Critical Mass proc chances are basically the same as the LoH coefficient, you may want to add that to the introduction of the post. There are a lot of people still interested in CM, and it would be great to let them know there's at least some concrete information about proc chances.

Also noted in the original post. Thanks!

(side note - I'm not sure why even linked quotes aren't always showing the posters' names on the forums. Probably bugged.)
Edited by Dekkar#1990 on 6/20/2012 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 01:47 PMPosted by Dekkar

Let's test this one further. The patch may have had some undocumented changes, or I measured it incorrectly. That's why I'm asking other wizard enthusiasts to verify my numbers for the benefit of everyone.

Indeed, i'm off to test this now. Also, many thanks for the research/thread, has proved very useful.
Reply Quote
Bump for sticky.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]