Diablo® III

realistically high magic find %?

78 Tauren Paladin
Me and my friends were trying to build some magic find gear. And my buddy is already at 40% out of act one.

And i was reading if you have 500% magic find you will always find a yellow no blues. Is this even obtainable? does it cap at 100%?
Reply Quote
100% Magic Find doesn't mean you have a 100% chance of finding magic items; it means you have 100% more of a chance that an item dropped will be magical+. That is, twice the chance.

500% Magic Find just means your chances of finding magical+ items are 6X better than finding magical+ items with 0% Magic Find.
Edited by Vase#1186 on 5/17/2012 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100% Magic Find doesn't mean you have a 100% chance of finding magic items; it means you have 100% more of a chance that an item dropped will be magical+. That is, twice the chance.

500% Magic Find just means your chances of finding magical+ items are 6X better than finding magical+ items with 0% Magic Find.

^This
Reply Quote
Have all the magic find gear you want for normal difficulty, you're going to get ur !@# kicked in nightmare with a suit of magic find on lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Yes, so example with numbers.

If you find 1 rare in 100 kills, with a 100% increase to magic find that menas you'd find 2 rares in 100 kills.

Clearly hypothetical numbers, but just for illustration purposes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
MF is great but poster above that said you'll die constantly with MF gear was right on, for goodness sake have two gear sets if you want to build MF- MF in a grp setting may be ok (although heavy stress on teammates) but solo in hell you need the other stats for survival...

best case at nightmare/hell you use MF gear for trash mobs and survival set for elites and bosses
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It honestly looks like you should probably be worrying about stats first, and if your vit/dmg/mainstat gear happens to have MF on it, then great. Watching Method's stream, though, it looks like you are going to get pounded in inferno if you aren't geared for it, and all of the best drops are going to come from inferno, so you will want to be playing there anyway. I mean, you can probably farm like nightmare and maybe hell with MF gear, but what's the point when the inferno drops are what you really want?
Reply Quote
78 Tauren Paladin
so, an answer was not provided.

but yes, my friends and i are all building a MF gear set for when we do co-op together.

I was simply asking tho, if 101%+ magic find is possible.
Reply Quote
my magic find is at 314% right now
Reply Quote
MF is cool, but don't sacrifice DPS for it. With more DPS you'll be killing faster and more drops will come from that. Plus you'll earn paragon faster and paragon levels give free MF.
Reply Quote
I can mf at over 500% on mp 8 where sometimes the first pack will drop all yellows but almost 99.9999999% of the time the rare or champ pack that takes me from 4 to 5 NV stack gives me only blues.

You will end up leaving all blue behind and focusing on yellow up, seems crazy I know but the time you save not taking trips back for selling is more dice your rolling by killing stuff for legendaries that you may otherwise lack patience to keep playing for.

Edit: It is also a good idea to focus just getting your character to the highest level for the paragons to start giving the bonuses (already mentioned) but also some of your items you can try to end up with roll magic find on them. Oculus ring, Vile Ward and also Depth diggers are 3 I currently use and also can make a pretty tough and resistant build. Just remember to find the items you want you have to keep rolling the dice.... also the only things the magic find count towards for items dropping are killing enemies and resplendent chests, everything else including most if not all EVENT type chests the magic find you have on will not apply to what comes out.
Edited by Bafster#1434 on 1/22/2013 6:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
MF on gear caps at 300%

After 300% on gear, the only way to get it higher is thru NV stacks and playing higher MP levels.

No, 500% does not mean you are guaranteed all yellow and no blue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]