Diablo® III

Hardcore FAQ Please Read

(Sticky)

90 Draenei Shaman
I see on my friends profile pages, there is a hardcore hero hall or section - now when we make a hardcore character & they die & go here, does that have to stay or can we delete that?

I guess what i mean is say I make a hardcore character and by some fluke, I get a dc or bad lag or something & I die at same early level - is this stuck on my profile forever? lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes

Bashiok!, why!?

Why me!?
Edited by Blargenflarg#1117 on 5/24/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Great post but OP you need to work on your punctuation and grammar a bit. Having that all italicized probably exacerbated it a little. ;P Also something to note is thumbs up and request sticky will come -- no need to ask for it.

Here is the fully edited version (and I will edit out my post afterwards for you)

Thanks, up until now I've done all this from my phone but ill update it as soon as I get home.
Reply Quote
I get it my Hardcore character dies and lose everything.

But can I create a second Hardcore player or is just only 1 per account permanently???
Reply Quote
You can create as many as you wish
Reply Quote
I see there's another hardcore q&a thread now. If any of you like the other one better please let me know, I'll stop updating this and start linking the other one to new players.

The other Q&A thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271784497

Thanks guys!
Reply Quote
Oh well it looks like I got that sticky!

Thanks so much guys. Tonight in going to reformat and update again so please over the next few hours add any FAQ you think should be added.

Thanks again for all the requests to be stickied!
Reply Quote
Grats on the well thought out FAQs. This will help a lot of folks. Thanks EM, this deserved to be stickied.
Reply Quote
Yay! Thanks for stickying this!
Reply Quote
I changed the format, I think it looks nicer. Thanks for all the support guys, hopefully this will help keep Hardcore the best community D3 has to offer!

Please remember to link this thread to anyone asking these questions.

Thanks for all the support!
Reply Quote
Cool post ty.

Just to make it clear - If i make a hardcore character and it cannot share items with my softcore charcaters, does that mean I will have a separate stash for hardcore? Or do hardcores not get a stash?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
05/29/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Nesper
Just to make it clear - If i make a hardcore character and it cannot share items with my softcore charcaters, does that mean I will have a separate stash for hardcore? Or do hardcores not get a stash?

Separate stash, separate jeweller, separate blacksmith. If you've got your stash to have all 3 tabs, your blacksmith and jeweller to level 10 in softcore, you'll still start HC with just the bare minimum of slots, and blacksmith and jeweller will both appear at level 1 once you unlock them.
Reply Quote
Edit: i see it was answered!
Edited by eMLiquid#1393 on 5/29/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
He explained this

=== Is there any way to loot a fallen party member like in Diablo 2?
No this is not possible in Diablo 3 all inventory items are effectively lost when you die, however you could *try to throw as many items out of your inventory onto the ground as your hero is in the process of being beaten to death..... Let me know how that works out.
Reply Quote
Excellent basic info! Here is a thread with some more in-depth info and tips about HC that you might find useful:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149544110
Reply Quote
Great thread, this was definitely needed!

Here's something I have been looking for but can't seem to find. Personally, I just started a hardcore character last night (So far level 12 Barb) because my Witch Doctor just hit 52, is in hell mode, and while progressing was a lot of fun, I wanted a little more of a challenge.

Anyway, I'd love to see a sort of "recommended stats" that one should have before moving to certain areas of the game. Since I'm transitioning from softcore, I'm used to plowing through content and jumping to the next area right away, since I haven't had the need to farm yet. I think some sort of milestones would really help people realize just how cautious they should be.

Now, there might not be hard numbers for this, but a general idea would be enough for most I think.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
Great thread, this was definitely needed!

Here's something I have been looking for but can't seem to find. Personally, I just started a hardcore character last night (So far level 12 Barb) because my Witch Doctor just hit 52, is in hell mode, and while progressing was a lot of fun, I wanted a little more of a challenge.

Anyway, I'd love to see a sort of "recommended stats" that one should have before moving to certain areas of the game. Since I'm transitioning from softcore, I'm used to plowing through content and jumping to the next area right away, since I haven't had the need to farm yet. I think some sort of milestones would really help people realize just how cautious they should be.

Now, there might not be hard numbers for this, but a general idea would be enough for most I think.

Thoughts?

I see a lot of threads asking these questions so I think you have a great idea.

I'm going to poll the community, then I'll link the results into the FAQ. It will include the recommended stats for each act on each difficulty!

Good suggestion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]