Diablo® III

Hardcore FAQ Please Read

(Sticky)

85 Tauren Druid
Can hardcore and regular characters play in the same game? Or, when my HC char is in a public game, is everyone in it also HC? Or will they get me killed ;)

Another question- when looking at friends' profiles, is there a way to tell if their chars are HC?

No, HC/SC characters are completely separate and can't play with each other no matter what.

I think that if you highlight someone's name in your friends list, it will say if they are hardcore or not.
Reply Quote
Your right. I did have thos confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note, is it just me or is that around 70% of loot dropped is usless? Even on my second play through.
Reply Quote
Your right. I did have thos confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note, is it just me or is that around 70% of loot dropped is usless? Even on my second play through.

99% of loot dropped is useless... enough quivers already!
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 04:40 AMPosted by eMLiquid
Everyone making rollback requests need to reread these FAQ

No, they don't.

We're customers, and if we're dissatisfied about a system in which Blizzard can accidentally kill out characters and take no responsibility for doing so then we can damned sure mention it.

The thing is, the opinion of a guy who's been playing hardcore since D1 rolled out and thinks the risk losing a character due to external forces is fun is no more valid than the opinion of a guy who just read that FAQ and thought "That's bull!@#$ and it keeps me from wanting to play a mode that looks like a lot of fun otherwise."

You aren't more important than any of the rest of us. You don't speak from a position of authority, and you don't get to tell us what we can and cannot say about this game or this mode.

Server stability should not be part of the game experience. I should never, never, never, %^-*ing NEVER be negatively impacted by the DRM in a product that I BOUGHT. It's too late for Blizzard to fix the damage that their screw-ups caused, but they owe it to us (as paying customers) to put something in place to protect us from their future screw-ups. If you disagree with those points then there's something wrong with your brain.
Edited by EmptyPepsiCa#1263 on 6/30/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
blahblahblah.

Translation: I'm an entitled little !@#$% and I cry when my cafe mocha is too hot.
Edited by SleepyZ#1177 on 7/2/2012 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 06:41 AMPosted by SleepyZ
blahblahblah.

Translation: I'm an entitled little !@#$% and I cry when my cafe mocha is too hot.

No, but I'd be pretty pissed if the bottom fell out of the cup and scalded my junk, and if the proprietor told me up front that he wasn't responsible for defective cups and scalded junk I wouldn't do business with him.

You, on the other hand, would buy his coffee and take your chances, because that would make breakfast seem hardcore.

And that is why you're a !@#$ing moron.
Reply Quote
Calm down guys!
Server stability is a part of the game experience and I am really enjoying it!

P.s. like in the real world there re is no excuse, what happened that is what happened ,that's the real life folks, and u can blame what ever or who ever u want but the only option u have is to continue ur life unless well u are dead.

If u will be walking on the street and a bird will drop a "bomb" on ur head and saddenly ur health bar will be reduced to zero u cannot sue the God that bird should not be the part of the life experience , because I am pretty shure u have a million things on ur list of things that u do not want to be the part of ur life expiriense , but calm down guys, that's a real world life, the only thing that u can do is to continue the life and try fix the problem with in the realms of the real life

I hope I have explained clearly to u folks with in the limits of ur intellegens humans,sorry I am an alien, but hope u understand .

I do not think anybody will dare to argue with me!
Bye!
Edited by Sasha on 7/2/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/22/2012 03:14 PMPosted by mtro
Another question- when looking at friends' profiles, is there a way to tell if their chars are HC?

SC characters will have blue fire at their feet, HC characters have red fire. You can confirm this by looking at your own profile.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:57 AMPosted by eMLiquid
a blizzard employee comes to your house and covers your eyes

Bashiok got me good with this one. I told him it wasn't fair and I was going to QQ but he said it was posted on the forums and I'm out of luck.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 05:32 PMPosted by EmptyPepsiCa

No, but I'd be pretty pissed if the bottom fell out of the cup and scalded my junk, and if the proprietor told me up front that he wasn't responsible for defective cups and scalded junk I wouldn't do business with him.

You, on the other hand, would buy his coffee and take your chances, because that would make breakfast seem hardcore.

Best post about server issues causing character death. Great comeback and reasoning (seriously).
Reply Quote

You just made the argument for no server-lag rollbacks look about as valid as the dollar bill.
Reply Quote
64 Human Death Knight
In public hardcore play. Allowing other to join a party that is fighting a boss is serious terrorism. Several times now. I fell for that misstep and had to fight as one badmuthafaya to survive because the one who join didn't port to the boss area. That is serious oversight if I may say. And I'll adjust.

I'd rather not have to. Fix this oversight.
Reply Quote
That's not fair considering to be dead if it is disconnected unintentionally.... (a moment ago... OTL)
Reply Quote
I know that your HC and SC characters do not share the same stash. My question is if you have only one HC character and he dies, when you make another HC character, will the stuff you have in your stash still be there? Or do you need to have another HC character made so it doesn't vanish on you?
Reply Quote
When a HC character is lost, whatever gear was equipped on that character and whatever items he had on his person (or her) is GONE.

Whatever items and gold amount was attained and in stash (gold is always in stash) stays with the HC account and is accessible with every HC character.
Reply Quote
08/08/2012 12:59 PMPosted by RainMaker
Whatever items and gold amount was attained and in stash (gold is always in stash) stays with the HC account and is accessible with every HC character.

So even if it was your only HC character at the time, the next one you make will have all the stuff in the stash that your previous one had?
Reply Quote
Correct.
Reply Quote
Well that is good to know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]