Diablo® III

Oh the Places You'll Go! and Act 3 books

Continuing in the vein after my previous Act 2 thread (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619068) here comes Act 3. The last thread was a great success, with the only missing spawns figured out by the group efforts of people. Thanks to the confirmation of others we've found everything else in the game with one exception.

Oh the Places You'll Go!

Caverns of Frost - Fields of Slaughter
Icefall Caves - Fields of Slaughter
Fortified Buncker - The Arreat Gate
The Barracks - The Arreat Gate
Battlefield Stores - The Battlefields
The Foundry - The Battlefields
Cryder's Outpost - The Battlefields
The Forward Barracks - The Battlefields
The Underbridge - Rakkis Crossing

I was a bit more accurate with the books this time as I was tracking when I wrote this rather than doing it after I was nearly done with everything else.

Primary Sources

Bloodstained Letter - The Keep (this is glitched for many people with it never dropping on certain characters, but should drop 100% off a Dead Soldier)
Ghom's Log - The Larder
Journal of Hansan Haile, Captain - Bastion's Keep Stronghold, near Vidar
Leah's Journal (13-16) - The Armory, below Leah
Morgan's Journal (1-3) - Morgan's Satchel, Skycrown Battlements/Stonefort

Espionage

Battlefield Reports - UNKNOWN (The text suggests it would be around the battlefields/bridges)
Orders from Azmodan (1-6) - Messenger of Azmodan (Skycrown Battlements, Stonefort, The Keep, The Battlefields, Fields of Slaughter, Arreat Crater)

Historian of Arreat

Fall of the Barbarians (1-5) - Misplaced Packs, The Keep
The History of Bastion's Keep - Librarian's Scrolls (Can be found in The Keep and several other zones, usually right at the stairs at the start)

Revisiting this afterward it seems like we've found everything except the Battlefield Reports, which may be bugged like the Villager's Journal. No one's found a copy in weeks, so it's possible. The Bloodstained Letter seems to have glitched for many characters, and never drops despite not having the lore for it. Although it's short, the next act is finished up here (https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151272462) and everything's already found and easy in it.
Edited by Ramza#1536 on 5/29/2012 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Confirming the Foundry being in the Battlefields, shares a spawn door with the Battlefield Stores. Gonna give the bridge and keep a few more runs for the books and Halmin and then move on to Act 4 I think for now.

EDIT: Found Halmin IN the foundry, level 1! Nice nice.
Edited by Ramza#1536 on 5/21/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Really nice guide. I've been having more fun hunting for random dungeons + events (most of which aren't even listed in the achievements) than looking for items.
Reply Quote
confirming Bloodstained Letter in the keep level 2
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:26 AMPosted by SchwesterS
confirming Bloodstained Letter in the keep level 2

Blargh, I've spent so many runs through them and haven't caught it yet. I will run them again for a while to check again later. So that just leaves the Battlefield Reports (http://d3db.com/lore/i/battlefield-reports), which I can't find any reference to so far, but the text could apply to almost anywhere in the act up to the Rakkis Crossing. Ugh.

I'm already almost done with Act 4, it's really short and there aren't many maps or books to get (and most are on the way through the act) but I can post those as soon as I can confirm the last 2 or 3 I didn't get my first run when the servers come back up.
Reply Quote
Hi guys,

Coming with some confirmations as the Foundry is indeed in the Battlefields (middle spawn, random with Cryter Outpost if I remember well) and Bloodstained Letter is in the Keep lvl 2 (drop from a corpse).

I think it would be fine to give locations for achievement events too.

Blaze of Glory = Rakkis Crossing
Blood Ties = The Barracks (level 2)
Crazy Climber = Rakkis Crossing
Forged in Battle = The Keep Depths (level 1)
Tide of Battle = The Battlefields
Triage = The Battlefields

Edit : Forged in Battle event fixed. Still no clue for the Battlefields Report.
Edited by KazeNoTani#2992 on 5/22/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Confirmed bloodstained letter in the keep lvl 1.

Forged in battle I found right after you finish killing ghom and you go to the arreat crater. It's in the first area after you leave the guard barricades.
Reply Quote
Found Bloodstained Letter on Keep Depths Level 1.
Reply Quote
Where specifically are you guys finding Bloodstained Letter from. A corpse? What is the name of it, I have run both levels a few times and I haven't seen anything that would drop it that I might have missed.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Hartassen
Confirmed bloodstained letter in the keep lvl 1.

05/22/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Kapoue
Found Bloodstained Letter on Keep Depths Level 1.

Man, I just reran the keeps like 10 times. I've found a corpse with a different name (Dead Solider instead of Dead Guardsman) and I found one named "Morgan's Corpse" a few times but nothing has dropped a letter or reports any time. I've tried this while on the main quest, and while far after it too. What gives, argh.

EDIT: Added the named corpse. Morgan isn't Johnathan, though.
Edited by Ramza#1536 on 5/22/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay, I'm giving up on the Bloodstained Letter again, leaving it as needs confirmation. What I need to remove it (since it refuses to drop from me) is a picture of the corpse before you activate it (showing the name/location) and the lore book after you loot it.

I've popped around 300 Dead Guardsman, 15 Dead Soldiers, and 3 Morgan's Corpses while running the Keep 1-3 100% now, and nothing. And I've checked my lore to make sure I didn't already get it while the achievements were down or something, I don't have it yet.

For reference on what I've found:
Dead Soldier: http://i.imgur.com/BDgjL.jpg
Morgan's Corpse: http://i.imgur.com/Zg6UL.jpg

If there's a third special body (besides the Messenger of Azmodans lol which I also was checking) that I just haven't run into let me know. Everyone seems to be saying the Dead Soldier should pop it and I haven't seen it fall once in 20-odd times now, so either it's a low chance from the body or something's up.
Reply Quote
sometimes after server maintenance some achieves get reset, BUT the game remembers that u picked up that thing allready. so try letting a friend find the "dead soldier"-body but not loot him. join the game with a fresh lvl 1 char and loot it. thats how i did it. the dead soldier body is either in the first rooms of keep 1 or keep 2. so just check the first rooms.
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
Please can you guys clarify where to get The History of Bastion's Keep? I mean where are those scrolls you mentioned? I've ran twice through whole keep and found only the 5 barbarian stuff
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Loganzin
Please can you guys clarify where to get The History of Bastion's Keep? I mean where are those scrolls you mentioned? I've ran twice through whole keep and found only the 5 barbarian stuff

It's not actually found inside the keep, unfortunately. It's out in the Battlefield, in a dungeon spawn there (I found the Librarian's Scrolls object in both Battlefield Stores and Cryder's Outpost).

Anyway, where specifically does the Forged in Battle event occur? Is it at the start of the floor like most in-dungeon events, or is it a bit further in?
Edited by qaccy#1465 on 5/22/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:06 PMPosted by XerOn
sometimes after server maintenance some achieves get reset, BUT the game remembers that u picked up that thing allready. so try letting a friend find the "dead soldier"-body but not loot him. join the game with a fresh lvl 1 char and loot it. thats how i did it. the dead soldier body is either in the first rooms of keep 1 or keep 2. so just check the first rooms.

I never picked it up though. It was my first romp through Act III and I never came upon it.

Unless I had poked it once and it didn't register at all. Not sure. I don't really mind getting there on another character or something but a bit bummed that my main won't have all the Lore on her if it won't appear.
Reply Quote

I never picked it up though. It was my first romp through Act III and I never came upon it.

Unless I had poked it once and it didn't register at all. Not sure. I don't really mind getting there on another character or something but a bit bummed that my main won't have all the Lore on her if it won't appear.

I am in the same situation. When I was doing Act 3 I was writing down exactly where I found anything as I encountered it since I had this thread in mind. I never got that book to drop once, and it's not in my lore. It just never showed up.

Also: Re: Librarian's scrolls, the two times I've found them they have been in Keep level 1 and Keep level 3 right after the entrances. Maybe they can be found in other places, hmm. I wonder if the ones outside the keep might drop the last missing book.
Edited by Ramza#1536 on 5/22/2012 9:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can confirm that I have found the Librarian's Scrolls both on Keep Depths Level 1 and the Fortified Barracks Level 1 (didn't think to screenshot - it was late). Both times they were right by the entrance in the first room you enter. I haven't seen them on Keep Level 3, but if it behaves at all like the other locations, they should be right down the steps if they've spawned at all.

Still no luck with the Bloodstained Letter or Battlefield Report, and I can't seem to find Orders from Azmodan 2 or 5, despite running through the act again. I still haven't seen some of the dungeons and events, though, so I suppose it's possible they're associated with some of them.
Edited by Dolmance#1381 on 5/23/2012 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay, I'm giving up on the Bloodstained Letter again, leaving it as needs confirmation. What I need to remove it (since it refuses to drop from me) is a picture of the corpse before you activate it (showing the name/location) and the lore book after you loot it.

I've popped around 300 Dead Guardsman, 15 Dead Soldiers, and 3 Morgan's Corpses while running the Keep 1-3 100% now, and nothing. And I've checked my lore to make sure I didn't already get it while the achievements were down or something, I don't have it yet.

For reference on what I've found:
Dead Soldier: http://i.imgur.com/BDgjL.jpg
Morgan's Corpse: http://i.imgur.com/Zg6UL.jpg

If there's a third special body (besides the Messenger of Azmodans lol which I also was checking) that I just haven't run into let me know. Everyone seems to be saying the Dead Soldier should pop it and I haven't seen it fall once in 20-odd times now, so either it's a low chance from the body or something's up.

it is a special body, one with a different name, not "dead soldier".
Reply Quote
I can't seem to find Orders from Azmodan 2 or 5, despite running through the act again. I still haven't seen some of the dungeons and events, though, so I suppose it's possible they're associated with some of them.

I do believe the Orders are specific to certain locations.

Orders from Azmodan (1-6) - Messenger of Azmodan (Skycrown Battlements, Stonefort, The Keep, The Battlefields, Fields of Slaughter, Arreat Crater)

Meaning Order 1 will drop in Skycrown, order 2 would drop in Stonefort (near the end), etc. I can't confirm this, but I'm only missing "Order 1" and can't seem to find any messenger on Skycrown Battlements (tried almost 10 times). The "Messengers" from other areas drop nothing to me (I think because I already have the other Orders). Anyone know if the messenger from Skycrown Battlements has a fix spawn (like the one from Stonefort)?
Reply Quote
Forged in the battle spawn in the Keep Depths lvl 1 or 2 I cant remember sorry... It's the level where there is a... forge. This event is random so it may not appear. You must see a NPC at the forge to start the event.

Still no clue for Battlefields Report. Does anyone have some informations about it ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]