Diablo® III

Of course, we all get hacked.

friend with fresh comp then installed d2 uses authenticator got hacked pretty sure its via public games as only one char was stripped + stash. no more public games no more haxin
85 Orc Death Knight
I'm mad at Blizzard for a whole lot of reasons right now, Hacking isn't one of them, if you don't have an Authenticator, you're asking to get hacked.

They don't sell Authenticators to make money, hell, if you have an Iphone it's free.

Don't blame them because you can't protect yourself.
Hey OP, I hope you get your stuff back, sorry to hear about your experience.

You don't want us to tell you what to do to protect yourself? You've got this all figured out?

Wow. What a snarky comment for a company representative.

Very professional.

Give the guy some slack. Zarhym is very beloved around here. The OP was making ridiculous claims against his employer whom Zar has a vested interested in making sure succeeds.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/30/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Angrodbrohem
Yeah, they do. Read more topics.

You mean the topics where they claim they had an authenticator and it later turned out to be false / disproven by a Blizzard employee / a dial-in authenticator which doesn't work with Diablo 3 / their word as an anonymous forum poster vs numerous official statements to the contrary?

Yea, those are totally credible.
Edited by Fellows#1764 on 5/30/2012 3:45 PM PDT
05/30/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Zarhym
And do not tell me to get authenticator, change password, etc. If people still get hacked with authenticators dont expect me to get one. Waste of 60 dollars.

You don't want us to tell you what to do to protect yourself? You've got this all figured out?

Not really the kind of comment I'd expect from someone representing Blizzard, but hey, we all have bad days.

Very professional.

Give the guy some slack. Zarhym is very beloved around here. The OP was making ridiculous claims against his employer whom Zar has a vested interested in making sure succeeds.

Beloved by whom? He's just a paid company representative.
90 Human Paladin
People with authenticators are not being hacked.

Not the mobile or physical authenticators. Blizzard totally dropped the ball on making the dial-in and SMS authenticator services not work with Diablo 3, and further on not making that fact blatantly clear. People with mobile and physical authenticators, however, are not being hacked. Not that they are bulletproof, just easier to hack the folks who are too stupid, paranoid, or cheap to get one. Why teach security experts how to detect and disable anti-authenticator malware now when you don't need it to steal lots of virtual goods - save that for when practically everybody has an authenticator.
Community Manager
http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked

How can she be hacked with the authenticator then?

Maybe it's not in your best interest to believe some random person just because they have a blog, yet not trust anything we post after countless hours of internal research and investigation.

Are you stupid?
http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked

How can she be hacked with the authenticator then?

Maybe it's not in your best interest to believe some random person just because they have a blog, yet not trust anything we post after countless hours of internal research and investigation.

And more snarky comments from the Blues.
05/30/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Etup
friend with fresh comp then installed d2 uses authenticator got hacked pretty sure its via public games as only one char was stripped + stash. no more public games no more haxin

FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY (OR DIABLO) STOP SPREADING THIS RUMOR.

The stash is accessible by EVERY character on the Diablo account (it doesnt work like WoW's bank). Your claim is just. well. dumb.

Nobody who has claimed they were hacked with an authenticator has been able to prove it.
05/30/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Glok

Are you stupid?

Probably just gullible.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/30/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Guppies

You misspelled 'awesome'
Edited by Fellows#1764 on 5/30/2012 3:48 PM PDT

And more snarky comments from the public.
Community Manager
05/30/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Daze
Why is the password not case sensitive?

The idea that this would provide you added security is an absolute illusion.
Edited by Zarhym on 5/30/2012 3:54 PM PDT

Very professional.

"Guys, I got a story! I went and stood on this person's lawn and started bad mouthing them, their house, everything I didn't like. Eventually he came out and stood before me, then told me off. I tell you what, the nerve of some people!"

This person is a paid community representative, not your neighbor. This is what they get paid for.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]