Diablo® III

Carl Sagan

I just purchased my first Carl Sagan Book. The Varieties Of Scientific Experience: A personal view of the search for God.

I'm excited to read it, much more excited to read this book than play D3.
Reply Quote
We miss the guy.

If only there was more people like him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc
Reply Quote
We miss the guy.

If only there was more people like him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

I'm half way done with the book. All I can say is that his mind was beautiful. He thinks in such large ways, not just scientifically, but also morally and spiritually. Absolutely incredible human being. I'm starting to relate more and more to his humanistic values!

He is missed, but he left us with so much. His consciousness has spread during his life and is continuing to spread even in his death.
Reply Quote
I love Carl Sagan! Whenever I have trouble sleeping and don't have any NyQuil, I just pop on some Cosmos and I'm sound asleep.

It is fascinating, but his pauses in between words make my eyelids heavy. I do however enjoy, Through the Wormhole, How the Universe Works, The Universe and Ancient Aliens. Pretty much anything that's on the Science Channel, History Channel, and NatGeo.

Edited: I am aware of Carl Sagan's contributions to the scientific community and appreciate his ideas and works. I imagine his books would be very interesting.
Edited by OGkiller#1736 on 6/12/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
By far his best work is The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. I consider it his masterpiece.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 08:13 PMPosted by OGkiller
It is fascinating, but his pauses in between words make my eyelids heavy. I do however enjoy, Through the Wormhole, How the Universe Works, The Universe and Ancient Aliens. Pretty much anything that's on the Science Channel, History Channel, and NatGeo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlpyGhABXRA
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Gunderian
By far his best work is The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark. I consider it his masterpiece.
I have it but can't continue through it. I dont know why but somehow it makes me fall asleep in 20 minutes :/
Reply Quote
I prefer real science over a philosopher. He died before NASA discovered that the rate of expansion of the universe is increasing, not decreasing. Therefore, the Big Freeze is far more likely than the Big Crunch. Furthermore, there probably never was a Big Crunch, meaning that our universe had a true beginning 14.5 billion years ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]