Diablo® III

Movement speed cap? wtf?

Really... Why the hell is there a level cap on movement speed of 25%? I got leagondaries just to increase my Movement speed on my gold runs and today i spent $5 on the RMAH for a leagondary socket ammy with + movement speed and when i equiped it I didnt move any faster. Came to find out I was ALREADY capped at 25%. Thats B*LLSH*T! I wasted $5 on an item to increase my movement speed and you put a cap on it? Now its worthless to me!!! Thanks BLizz, that REALLY pissed me off. Theres no need to have a cap on movement speed. What a joke. I have no other problem with this game but that. Wasted $5 for nothing.
Reply Quote
Just...relist it?
Reply Quote
It's for balance idiot,if you could go much faster then 25% nothing in the game would even be able to touch you. Shoulda done some research before spending $, ya dink.
Reply Quote
$5! WTF Thats like 1 big mac!
Reply Quote
MY GOD I AM AN IDIOT WHO DIDNT DO A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE HAND!! !@#$ BLIZZARDDDDDD
Reply Quote
Wow I don't know why so many people are bashing the OP like he's a total idiot.... Researching purchases aside, Why(when inferno is so designed to be a run for your life fest) would I not be able to run faster if I wanted to build around that? the next question comes up, will 25% be pre skill usage? Why did the designers even bother putting skills into the game that noone in there right mind ever would use? If I wanted to try to build a barbarian around running circles around everything(like say, a d2x frenzy barb?), why would that option be available in game, if it's not actually possible with a ms cap?
Reply Quote
I agree with the op, movement speed cap is just another way that this game is limiting build diversity. Mobs already has moves like jailer to snare people so a cap isn't really needed for balancing reasons.
Reply Quote
Why would I think to research movement speed cap as low as 25%? Makes no sence. seeing as its THE ONLY cap for for anything under 'Edventure" and also why would I think to research movement speed cap if even in D2 there was no movement speed cap?

I dont see there to be a need to cap it. As it is already if you WANT to have more MS you need to make sacrifices cause the only items outside of leagondaries to give you MS is Boots. And we all know the leagondaries arnt that great so your making a sacrifice of something good by replacing it with a leagond with MS.
Reply Quote
the key to good balencing is not to cap it. But to emply a sacrifice of something els to obtain it. Restricting it does not enable char to have their own build types
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 06:32 PMPosted by IrishViking
the next question comes up, will 25% be pre skill usage?

Yes, it's pre-skill - or just normal running around speed cap. I can safely say having +12% movement speed and using the speed rune on Smoke Screen (+35%) AND the movement speed from Tactical Advantage (+60%) I am at the very least moving 60% faster when I use those.

Now what the cap is (if there is one) for abilities I have no idea. I could imagine I'm doing over +100% with those abilities though. It's VERY fast. (for 1.5-2sec...)
Reply Quote
Thanks for not being a *@#*. lol
Reply Quote
So why with a class like a wizard do they force a 25% MS cap when a demon Hunter can have waaaay more MS?
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 03:49 PMPosted by BrentBlemish
I have no other problem with this game but that. Wasted $5 for nothing.

Regardless that it didnt help you, you wasted your money when you bought something off of the RHAM.
Reply Quote
I too am annoyed with this. There was never artifical caps to this in D2.

Also - they have nerfed life leach in inferno by 80% so it's useless. Thats why everyone is on the life on hit bandwagon right now.

I miss feeling like I can run like the flash.
Reply Quote
Claiming op is at fault for not 'researching' is plain ludicrous. Hidden caps are confusing and that was one of the reasons Blizzard recently chose to reduce IAS instead of adding a hidden soft cap which was the other option (and they have stated as such).

As to why it's capped, it's not hard to imagine that if you could keep stacking +movement without limit that some core game balancing mechanics would start to get pretty broken pretty fast. Movement would be the new IAS for ranged classes.

It's limited because it would simply be too good otherwise.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 09:22 AMPosted by BrentBlemish
So why with a class like a wizard do they force a 25% MS cap when a demon Hunter can have waaaay more MS?

Well everyone has the same cap, it's just the Demon Hunters can use skills to move faster at the cost of a)getting less damage b)using up precious discipline.

Wizards are kind of the same way with teleport. Demon hunters basically get the same thing with a 1.5 sec boot of +100% movement speed/invincibility at the cost of half their discipline. At least you can teleport over waller's walls. :D
Edited by chjade84#1615 on 6/20/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree, hidden caps are bs. they made this game slooooooooooooooooooooow may as well make all classes ninja turtles xD

also hot pursuit does NOT add on top, so maybe they should fix ^^
Reply Quote
Shouldn't be spending real money on in game items anyways. You reap what you sow.
Reply Quote
i have a question...
when i play monk, and i have 25% movement speed from items
does my Fleet Footed passive skill makes it 35% ?
Reply Quote
i have a question...
when i play monk, and i have 25% movement speed from items
does my Fleet Footed passive skill makes it 35% ?

yes, this was in 1.04 patch notes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]