Diablo® III

Movement speed cap? wtf?

06/20/2012 09:12 AMPosted by BrentBlemish
the key to good balencing is not to cap it. But to emply a sacrifice of something els to obtain it. Restricting it does not enable char to have their own build types

exactly and most people wont be able to afford items with good stats, res and movspeed anyway.

so i don't see any point in capping it at 25%
Reply Quote
i have a question so say i cap at 25% do i still get the bonus as a barb from using wotb20%,sprint50%, so i can have a max of 95%, this cap does it affect skills or just gear?
Reply Quote
09/02/2012 01:54 PMPosted by l1FEnD3ATH
i have a question so say i cap at 25% do i still get the bonus as a barb from using wotb20%,sprint50%, so i can have a max of 95%, this cap does it affect skills or just gear?

Yes, you can.
Reply Quote
yeah blizz suck at making cool game now, did you guys get the memo.

it read;
"we built a !@#$ game based around RMAH. sorry but actiBliz love money."
Reply Quote
Not the cap is silly as it is the items.... Spear increasing 12% ms, boots increasing 12% ms, tyrael might increasing 12% ms, amulet, pants and so on... Why would they make so many various items with great move speed if they capped it at 25% ? Thats just plain dumb IMO. Player should strive to achieve the cap what ever it is, and the sum of all legendary should give the cap value!
Reply Quote
09/09/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Dargaard
Not the cap is silly as it is the items.... Spear increasing 12% ms, boots increasing 12% ms, tyrael might increasing 12% ms, amulet, pants and so on... Why would they make so many various items with great move speed if they capped it at 25% ? Thats just plain dumb IMO. Player should strive to achieve the cap what ever it is, and the sum of all legendary should give the cap value!

Because movement speed is too good an affix.

If we could stack past 25 movement speed, every player would be actively using only legendaries that have movement speed.

Blizzard wants to avoid the same mistake they made with atk speed pre-1.03, and this is the solution.
Reply Quote
hahaha
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
stop your QQing dude, you didnt do the proper research and now your paying the price, you made your bed now sleep in it, btw if your crying over 5$ then youve no concept of the value of a dollar lol
Reply Quote
Use a monk, 24 MS plus Fleet Footed, Plus MS mantra and then the fleeting shrine puts you at like 70 MS.
Its retarded.
Reply Quote
Lol at $5.00
Reply Quote
the movement speed cap sucks...i have my movement speed at 24 cause of items. With the DH skill gives a 15 percent boost at max hatred it dont go over 25 which i set my skill set to work with it (before items) and be effective. With the skill and Items id be at 39 and at that speed it wouldnt be enough to keep out of range of the fast mobs (the tiny jumpy mobs). They can almost catch me at 50 percent with the new shrine. And as a DH movement is everything cause most time its one hit and your dead. Even with high resist when fully suited im at 73-74% resist. So IMO a higher movement parsay 40 would be about perfect.
Edited by Xzyphan#1530 on 10/25/2012 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You spent 5 bucks on an amulet with movement speed but your helmet isn't even worth a penny?
Reply Quote
I also feel that 25% is too low a cap for movement speed. 12 on boots and 12 on inna's pants is pretty well the cap. Two items hit the cap, that's a little low. Maybe it's capped for better gameplay as far as lag goes but these fleeting shrines zoom me around with no problem. This cap should be somewhere around 50% IMHO, if we even need one.
Reply Quote
I agree with Zexian. Just two items to reach the cap pretty much? Although the cap probably shouldn't be 50% because when I have the fleeting shrine it could be considered too easy. But the cap should probably be around 35-40% to allow for more variances on builds. 25% is just not quite fast enough I would say. 30% at the least should be the cap.
Reply Quote
my movement speed is at 36% did they remove the cap?
Reply Quote
Reason why they capped it at 25 is because if they didnt, every single geared person would have 60% movespeed. If you can have ms on a slot, they would have to have ms in that slot. Same for pvp.

12 pants, 12 boots, 12 lacuni, 12 ring would all become mandatory purchases to be competitive.

Reason why theres plenty out there is to give a variety of choices in the way you can make your own way to 24%.
Reply Quote
I have a much simpler question. Why 25% ? Why not 24% or 36% since movement speed is incremental in 12's almost always. Or 30% to be symmetric with the 300/300 caps for gold find and magic find? Frankly to me it seems a bit foolish to have a caps such that many people get 24% and then 25%. It is as if that extra 1% is supposed to matter in the slightest.
Reply Quote
anyone have a Source or page where it list what other stats have a cap ? or is it just MS ? thanks.
Reply Quote
could have been worse, you could have wasted $5 on going to see magic mike in theaters
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]