Diablo® III

Dear CM

I did that arc, but just how many times do we need to do it? it wasnt specified if you wanted weekly updates on that sticky, or one off. Is just alot of ppl just posted there and never jump back in there again. I tried to get peeps to post there but not seeing much action.

I know the discussion is on going, but maybe a VERY vague timeframe would ease our uncertainty. Like, in the near future, soon, next week, next patch, or next expansion. How urgent is this to the ppl who are researching this? Top of the list of things to do? soemthing you discuss over lunch break? Any kind of info is really much better than what we feel right now. Im sorry if i sound negative, but i try my best.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
This is covering multiple people in multiple offices so it is not as easy as heading to lunch and getting a outcome that day. I do appreciate that no news is frustrating as hell and a simple yay or nay is better than the wait. But there are different possibilities that we are looking at and the fact they are still on the table is only a positive thing.
Edited by Arcagnion on 7/18/2012 11:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks arc. Just out of curiosity, may we know what other options is on the table? :)
Reply Quote
Any information on the possibilities? What options are blizzard considering? I would definitly be interested in hearing the other options that you're looking at.

Are there even any other possibilities that would improve the service to those of us situated in Australia other than locating a server closer to the region / in the region?

I really have avoided posting in these forums but the customer service through battlenet is a joke and it feels like a complete waste of time. Like a real huge waste of effort and ends in mindless frustration.

I'm sick of being treated like a second rate customer. I hate the lack of customer care and service blizzard provides.

Either it's a global play game or an american play game. If it's global play then please for the sake of sanity and never ending frustration. RESPOND! Stop asking for our details check the damn server logs! Implement a server or make known your intended changes and time frame. I don't want to see all these posts sitting here in 6 months time after alreay waiting 3 months for something meaningful to be said. Multiple people multiple offices... well who is in charge? Make them responsible and work to resolution? Pick up the damn telephone and call them?

Urgh i hate myself for caring.
Reply Quote
•Using the words "Blizzard," "Blue," or any community team members' names in a thread topic is frowned upon.

Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that; however, use of such words in the subject line does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion.

This is true for the forum rules.
But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :)

Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly?
It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster.
What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

South-Africans have exactly the same issue and I find it disturbing that Blizzard won't even acknowledge that we are out here, please, we also need fixes for latency a server would be very welcome. Australia and New Zealand aren't the only countries in the southern parts of the world and we would appreciate having our own server.

I am sure you folks have a database to see how many of your players are actually from South-Africa, I suggest a good hard look. Most of us jump ship because the latency is frustrating, some of us even continue to play although we pull our hair out. With our Broadband connections (10Mbps) we get around 200-300ms ping

I am sure it might come as a surprise to some, but regardless of what the world thinks, we don't wear loincloths and ride on elephants all day. ;-)

*Edit*

Arcagnion, can you let us know if Blizzard is also looking into alternatives for South-Africans as well.

Thank you
Edited by Legacy#2775 on 7/19/2012 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
South-Africans have exactly the same issue and I find it disturbing that Blizzard won't even acknowledge that we are out here, please, we also need fixes for latency a server would be very welcome. Australia and New Zealand aren't the only countries in the southern parts of the world and we would appreciate having our own server.

I am sure you folks have a database to see how many of your players are actually from South-Africa, I suggest a good hard look. Most of us jump ship because the latency is frustrating, some of us even continue to play although we pull our hair out. With our Broadband connections (10Mbps) we get around 200-300ms ping

I am sure it might come as a surprise to some, but regardless of what the world thinks, we don't wear loincloths and ride on elephants all day. ;-)

*Edit*

Arcagnion, can you let us know if Blizzard is also looking into alternatives for South-Africans as well.

Thank you

No plans for South Africa at this stage that I know of. But it is worth a question on the General discussion board.
Reply Quote
How's 1.0.4 coming along Arcagnion? If you don't mind us asking that is.
Reply Quote

*Edit*

Thank you

No plans for South Africa at this stage that I know of. But it is worth a question on the General discussion board.

Thank you for reading my post, if I may, why is it that I should post it there? Would the point only come to Blizzard attention if I make a topic there? Or is this a *between the lines* brush off? :/
Reply Quote
Well for starters Legacy you're posting in the Australia and NZ General Discussion.

Secondly sorry for even bothering posting i'm going to go back to not giving a !@#$ as it seems to be all that blizzard can muster.

Really Arcagnion; all these tests and results are just jerking the AU/NZ community around. It's not up to us for blizzard to get organised to work on an issue. It's been weeks since these posts and months since the games release.

This game hasn't exactly been the most smooth release and with all it's flaws it's quite fun. What's not is dragging us away to forums and customer service agents that are incompetent to say the least.

Second and last post as it's obviously not worth the bother sorry to vent my frustration. The only damn thing i'd like to hear is some progress on the game as i'm pissed that i've pretty much paid for an incomplete game that's still realistically in the final phase of its beta. I'm then forced to play online only and receive a %^-*tier service than i would if i was in america??

Your company stole 20 dollars from every Australian that purchased the game digitally. Use that money to improve the service.
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 02:12 AMPosted by shazbot
Well for starters Legacy you're posting in the Australia and NZ General Discussion.

I understand that this is the Australia and New Zealand section, however, you like us here in South-Africa are in the southern end of this planet and we all have the exact same problem. I thought it would be more appropriate to post it here since it would be more relevant to the issue at hand. I don't want to be flamed by 1,000 people telling me it's my connection or ISP, when the only problem is, the great distance our data needs to travel to Blizzards servers.

In the general section my post will disappear within 5 seconds and never be viewed or seen by a blue post. Also, Australia and New Zealand, you folks know what I am talking about, where the folks in the USA, UK & Asia do not. Blizzard says they read every post, but I highly doubt I would even have warranted a response from them. I was actually surprised to have even received a response to my question here.
Reply Quote
I made this thread 3 days ago.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080181086?page=1#1

What a surprise, no response...
Edited by Legacy#2775 on 7/19/2012 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I made this thread 3 days ago.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080181086?page=1#1

What a surprise, no response...
i wouldnt hold my breathe on any solutions to the lagging issues. Its a fairly simple but costly fix and blizzard simply dont have the funds to fix this with all the profits they are raking in through the RMAH. Just not the blizzard ways these days to look after their loyal customer no matter how many years they stick by them.
Reply Quote
07/18/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Why doesn't blizzard just say " We have no plans to set up a server in Australia or the SEA region. We also consider the current state of connection for SEA and ANZ players acceptable and we don't consider there will be a major performance improvement from any other feasible solution."

Because we are continuing to research the viability of all options and we won't count anything out at this stage. Once there is some solid to say either way then I will posting it. In the mean time I need everyone to give honest feedback in the sticky so I can continue to feed it back to the global team each week.

Arcagnion I'm sure you're a very nice person, but to all of us who've been Blizzard customers for a few years or more unfortunately you're just another CM in a very long line of CMs before you who wade in to an ANZ forum every few months towing the company line of "we hear you/we're talking about it/we have ideas/we value you/please post here so we can review" with nothing ever happening as a result. Don't take it personal because it's not about you; some of us have just been around long enough to have heard this rhetoric a few dozen times before.
Reply Quote
When I wrote a thread about numbers, 25,000 players, I was told that my guess should be more around 250,000, but has anyone looked at Roll Call lately, 20 pp x 29 pages, a grand sum of 580 players

with the CM's looking at this Forum, they all must be laughing their heads off, if thats the best we can do, yeh right, servers for 580 players, in your dreams, so where are the other 249,420 players ??

Not here, thats for sure, if you want servers, you need to up the ante'. But from the rage/pages/players, "Its All Quiet On The Western Front" so many have just given up and gone to other adventures, I myself have gone to ETQW, the lags still crap but I'm having fun, something Blizzard left out of its developers thoughts
Reply Quote
Telstra price gouging etc, is a myth.

Blizzard just don't see the need for oceanic servers when most of the oceanic population are still playing on North American servers.

To debunk the myth, Internode have offered for Blizzard to setup a server in Australia for years now. Hell they have even gone as far as to say they will foot the bill as long as they can state they host official Blizzard servers.
Reply Quote
When I wrote a thread about numbers, 25,000 players, I was told that my guess should be more around 250,000, but has anyone looked at Roll Call lately, 20 pp x 29 pages, a grand sum of 580 players

with the CM's looking at this Forum, they all must be laughing their heads off, if thats the best we can do, yeh right, servers for 580 players, in your dreams, so where are the other 249,420 players ??

Not here, thats for sure, if you want servers, you need to up the ante'. But from the rage/pages/players, "Its All Quiet On The Western Front" so many have just given up and gone to other adventures, I myself have gone to ETQW, the lags still crap but I'm having fun, something Blizzard left out of its developers thoughts

The forums are not really an indication of the Australian playerbase. My friends list is full of people not playing D3 anymore because of connection issues. I too have quit, because it is obvious blizzard has no intention of a ANZ server. It has been over a month now and blizzard can't even decide if Australia/NZ needs a server. Even if they decide we do need a server, we wont see it until 4 months later at least.
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 7/26/2012 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
IS the current rubberbanding patch the result of the meeting?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
his is covering multiple people in multiple offices so it is not as easy as heading to lunch and getting a outcome that day. I do appreciate that no news is frustrating as hell and a simple yay or nay is better than the wait. But there are different possibilities that we are looking at and the fact they are still on the table is only a positive thing.

Read this

This is covering multiple people in multiple offices so it is not as easy as heading to lunch and getting a outcome that day. I do appreciate that no news is frustrating as hell and a simple yay or nay is better than the wait. But there are different possibilities that we are looking at and the fact they are still on the table is only a positive thing.

Is the same as:

"The cheque is in the mail"
"I am sorry he is in a meeting"
"He is in conference"
"I am sorry he just stepped out"
"He will call you back"

It is the same rhetoric and the same palmoff.

Will Mike Morhaime, or someone SENIOR at Blizzard please, just once , give us a STRAIGHT ANSWER???

Will we get servers here, yes or no?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]