Diablo® III

Dear CM

It appears the current patch was the intended "fix". Don't see it resolving the underlying issue though. Pings will still be high and lag spikes will still be often.
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 8/2/2012 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In the meanwhile can you please give Aus/NZ players a discount in repair costs. Getting sick of paying these HUGE repair bills when I should not have been hit in the first place due to stupid lag.

It really, really sucks.
Reply Quote
06/21/2012 02:02 AMPosted by Toddster
Back in old WoW days I think they said something about Telstra price gouging them out the !@# for server hosting or something, and it wasn't worth it for them.

^ This
+
There will never be an ANZ server because they won't serve the relatively small ANZ group so that they (ANZ players) can buzz around US players rubber-banding and porting all over the screen due to lag/latency. If they were to release an ANZ server it would highlight to all the other servers what lag issue we are talking about in ANZ. So following that we would be left to play with ourselves...which would be fine by me.
Edited by Asrael#1200 on 8/4/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is not that hard to do, do it already.
Reply Quote
08/04/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Asrael
Back in old WoW days I think they said something about Telstra price gouging them out the !@# for server hosting or something, and it wasn't worth it for them.

^ This
+
There will never be an ANZ server because they won't serve the relatively small ANZ group so that they (ANZ players) can buzz around US players rubber-banding and porting all over the screen due to lag/latency. If they were to release an ANZ server it would highlight to all the other servers what lag issue we are talking about in ANZ. So following that we would be left to play with ourselves...which would be fine by me.

Telstra price gouging isn't true btw. The reason we don't have servers is because blizzard doesn't think the ANZ community is worth the monies.
Reply Quote
View profile
This is true for the forum rules. But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :) Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly? It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster. What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Lets be honest.

Why now after 7 years of however long WOW has been out does ANYONE here think Blizzard is going to suddenly give us a Aus/NZ server.

Please stop kidding yourself, we have been ignored for 7 years and regardless of what people say or what hopes are given to us, fact is fact. We ARENT getting a server.

*shrug* consider this how you may but as someone who has been constantly let down by Blizzard's promises of this and that. I wave my hands in the air and say give us more then some WRITTEN remark on WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT cause yeah after 7 years its just another waste of time.

Sorry if I sound negative but well what else can I say.
Reply Quote
08/05/2012 09:52 AMPosted by WhiteCows75
This is true for the forum rules. But I'll give a update anyway, just keep in mind this is a exception to the rule :) Yes, we are continuing to review how to improve the player experience for the Aus/NZ region. So what does that mean exactly? It means that we haven’t ruled out any option which includes looking into the solution by the original poster. What is certain is that even looking into these suggestions will take time. So once we have something more solid then I will definitely update everyone here in the Aus/NZ forums.

Lets be honest.

Why now after 7 years of however long WOW has been out does ANYONE here think Blizzard is going to suddenly give us a Aus/NZ server.

Please stop kidding yourself, we have been ignored for 7 years and regardless of what people say or what hopes are given to us, fact is fact. We ARENT getting a server.

*shrug* consider this how you may but as someone who has been constantly let down by Blizzard's promises of this and that. I wave my hands in the air and say give us more then some WRITTEN remark on WE ARE LOOKING INTO IT cause yeah after 7 years its just another waste of time.

Sorry if I sound negative but well what else can I say.

Your not negative at all, its the truth. Like I said before, even if blizzard decided that AUS/NZ would get servers tomorrow. It would still take many months to implement.

The truth is, in the lifetime of D3 we wont be getting servers.
Edited by Misguided#1339 on 8/5/2012 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any news on this?

Seems to be awfully silent for an awfully long time.
Reply Quote
As others have said it just won't happen, a CM reply is just to shut people up in the hope of it happening but it won't.

If it didn't happen over 7 years for an extremely popular game like WoW why on earth would it happen for D3. I for one won't hope and hold my breath for it because that will just lead to added disappointment.
Reply Quote
As others have said it just won't happen, a CM reply is just to shut people up in the hope of it happening but it won't.

If it didn't happen over 7 years for an extremely popular game like WoW why on earth would it happen for D3. I for one won't hope and hold my breath for it because that will just lead to added disappointment.

Your probably 100% correct, but the least we can do is force them to say, they will be no changes to our circumstance.

Their silence is deafening for future customers of blizzard products.
Reply Quote
Perfect time to discuss this further, now that we are through a unscheduled downtime. It always amazes me that all "unscheduled downtime occur during Americans off-peak". Its almost as if they are scheduled.

Has there been a result about your meeting or did i miss something?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
08/23/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Misguided
Has there been a result about your meeting or did i miss something?

The so called meting never happened and if it did it would of been all but 30 seconds, enough time so say "No chance in hell - but never ever say that outright".
Reply Quote
Cant help but agree with Whistlerdash.

Arcagmion & Narull do the right thing by us all here as much as they are alowed to with the information disemination hierarchy. (This forum needs the option to spell check for people like me!).
Keep us posted Arc, we got your back mate.

But off topic, are we aussies and kiwis really just seen as booze guzzling morons by the rest of the world. The booze guzzling might be accurate, but morons... NEVER! We prefer the term larrican!
Reply Quote
its getting unplayable for me again, with all the wow players sc2 players and diablo players blizzard has a very large aus playerbase... how come ea can do it but you guys cant... we need one! i cant even play hardcore cause i know ill lag die no matter how good i play.
Reply Quote
Any further development?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It was made clear that any investigation to look at solutions to improve latency on a regional level would take some time.

If we had the response of 'no local severs ever.' then it would in some ways be a relief just to communicate this to everyone here, but this is not the case, which should be counted as a good thing.

I know it isn't what people want to hear but I will communicate any info I have once I have something solid to communicate back for sure.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update.

Could you provide a maximum amount of time such an investigation would take? After all it has been 2 months since your original post.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Will at least know a little more late next month all going well.
Reply Quote
it has nothing to do with blizzard, its telstra who make it too expensive for blizzard to do it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]