Diablo® III

*Beastly* A2 Farm Route, ~15 Packs in 30 mins

**UPDATE**

Since starting these runs I have beefed up to 65k dps and 65k hp. Farmed close to 100M total from this run and I will continute to do so untill I find that one hand dagger with 1200dps open socket and 90%crit :P

With the boost in DPS I'm completing these runs in about 20-25 minutes depending on the type of packs. Basically more snakes equals a longer run.

Just to preface here are my stats

Witch Doc
HP: ~50k
DPS: ~50k
Armor: ~3500
Resist All: ~400
Mana Regen: 0
+Mana: 0

http://tinypic.com/r/2edzhpi/6

Gear

http://tinypic.com/r/2lkwg95/6

Spec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912164363

I don't know if this has been documented here or if people have been doing this without my knowledge, so sorry if this is old news to anyone. I have recently started refining a method for MFing act 2 in the most efficient way possible and I think I have found it.

Here is what I call a "VotA Run" (Vault of the Assassin Run)

1.) Start on the "Black Soulstone Quest"

2.) First WP: Road to Alcarnus, head here, over the bridge and there is one guarenteed pack, but typically two. Kill these two and go back to WP or town.

3.) Second WP: Black Canyon Mines, head here and look up first, if there is no pack up from the WP, head down and accross the small bridge. From my experience, there are ALWAYS two packs very close to this WP and are usually easy to kill, fallen and bees.

4.) At this point you have either 3 or 4 stacks, If you have three, spawn at the Khasim Outpost WP and run down, there is usually another mob here.

5.) Once you have 4 stacks, head to the sewers, there is ALWAYS either a pack of flies or snakes down here, ususally very close to the WP.

6.) Now, heres the not so fun part. If this is your first VotA run, you are gonna need to find the Vault, and it can take a bit of time. This will make your first run a little longer then the rest. Spawn at the Desolate Sands WP and start exploring. I find that the vault is usually bottom left from the WP or top right, to the right of the bridge that leads to the next area.

7.) Once you are in the vault, have fun clearing the most densly packed Champions in the game (that I have found anyways). On several occasion I had to take on two packs at once because they pretty much spawned on one another. There is NEVER less than seven packs in this area and I have seen upwards of 12. The trash in here is also very easy mode and there isnt much of it.

Now heres the trick, when you are done with that particular run, leave the game but DO NOT change your quest, now each time you rejoin your game you will be in the vault :D. From here, TP out and go from step 2 making sure NOT to use town portals, just the WPs. When you have 5 stacks, use the WP in sewers to get back to town and then use your original TP to get to the vault instantly.

I started doing these runs over the weekend and I have made over 20M in drops since saturday. I'm typically finding at least one rare i63 per game and multiple i62/i61. Last night I found nats boots, a rare heaven hand and a rare demolisher in the same run, lucky I know but still, this is a VERY potent run.

Well there you go guys, go have some fun and good luck finding that 100M rare :D
Edited by Jubai#1958 on 7/4/2012 6:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Up, second page in 5 seconds :P

Has anyone else been doing these runs or what?
Reply Quote
no. pointless as long as loot isnt imlemented into D3.

cough*

waiting for patch 3.0 in 2 years. maybe they fix d3 until then.

thy for sharing tho, bli$$ard will nerf this route soon.
Edited by Kashimaa#2519 on 6/27/2012 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ill give it go. Whats your MF when you do the run?
Reply Quote
no. pointless as long as loot isnt imlemented into D3.

cough*

waiting for patch 3.0 in 2 years. maybe they fix d3 until then.

thy for sharing tho, bli$$ard will nerf this route soon.

What?
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Aeon
Ill give it go. Whats your MF when you do the run?

Oh I dont use any MF gear, I get 10% from mojo and I dont like doing the switch because it slows me down and gets me killed sometimes.
Reply Quote
MF Run, without MF Gear.

So basically this is a farming run.

Got it.
Reply Quote
MF Run, without MF Gear.

So basically this is a farming run.

Got it.

No, I'm running through content and finding magical items.

It is a MF run.

Also with 5 stacks you get 75%mf and I get 10 from off hand so even with your flawed logic, it's a MF run.
Edited by Jubai#1958 on 6/27/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Damn, one whole i63 per game! That's intense. Blizzard brought us so much good with 1.0.3.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Soulostar
Damn, one whole i63 per game! That's intense. Blizzard brought us so much good with 1.0.3.

If Ten i63 rares dropped every 30 minutes for every player MFing in inferno, then people would cry for new i63s or i64s.

Stop your whining, get out there and find urself something to that will make you stop using these forums as a place to vent your frustrations. I bet if you find a 1200 dps one hander your whole vision of this game will change instantly :)
Edited by Jubai#1958 on 6/27/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Ty for the information:) I wanted to share i got my first level 63 bow today!!! 1 hand and was so excited to see if i could roll a 1k plus!!!!! Ummmm nope....lowest dps 1 hand in 1 week of loot from high 50 bows blue and rare and above.... 301 dps on level 63 1 hand bow, all the rest the stats were amazing, but the roll for dps was worse then average rolls on level 60's......
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Camaryn
Ty for the information:) I wanted to share i got my first level 63 bow today!!! 1 hand and was so excited to see if i could roll a 1k plus!!!!! Ummmm nope....lowest dps 1 hand in 1 week of loot from high 50 bows blue and rare and above.... 301 dps on level 63 1 hand bow, all the rest the stats were amazing, but the roll for dps was worse then average rolls on level 60's......

Yeah, that heaven hand I found with nats had CRAZY stats for a monk, like 250 dex 200 vit and LOH, but it only has 350 dps :P. You really gotta hook that +damage stat to get any value.
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try this later. At the very least, it will be nice to mix things up.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Tykero
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try this later. At the very least, it will be nice to mix things up.

Sure, and let me know if you can find a more efficient way to get those first 5 stacks, because thats the only thing stopping this from being a 20 minute run :)
Reply Quote
Honestly, just run A1 in full MF gear, anything else is pretty much more work for less loot. Yeah I know 'loot' is a pretty strong term for the scam they pulled in inferno to profit off an AH.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Morgul
Honestly, just run A1 in full MF gear, anything else is pretty much more work for less loot. Yeah I know 'loot' is a pretty strong term for the scam they pulled in inferno to profit off an AH.

Well I can kinda faceroll* every boss and mob in act 1 so I take on the extra challenge for the ever so slight loot increase. Plus you will not find a place like the vault in A1, believe me, I've looked.

* http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faceroll

See definition #3
Reply Quote
I don't need to read any definitions bro, in fact, i'd be impressed if you even had 1/10th of my elite kills and even half my play time. I gave you some advice, so get a set of 200% MF gear and go see what i'm talking about.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Morgul
I don't need to read any definitions bro, in fact, i'd be impressed if you even had 1/10th of my elite kills and even half my play time. I gave you some advice, so get a set of 200% MF gear and go see what i'm talking about.

Why would I sac damage or survivability for MF at this point?

I will end up killing mobs alot slower and dying more, so it would have an equal negative effect on me. I'm getting enough high level rares that I dont really see the point in MF. If I could faceroll act 4 then I could maybe see myself swapping out a little damage for some extra MF, but right now its not worth it.
Reply Quote
Also, if you have 10 times more elite kills than me, which would be around 6500 by my best estimate (recently got the 5000 acheivement), that means you have killed 65000 champions in half my play time?

65000 champions killed with ~100 hours played? ( I have about 200 hours)

Lets do a little math here...

Carry the 1...

Move the decimal...

So you are telling me that you are killing, on average, 650 champion enemies per hour?

/golf clap
Edited by Jubai#1958 on 6/27/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]