Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
*Update 01/01/13 I have renewed the server for another 6 months but reduced the player cap to 20, again if popularity stays the same I'm happy to keep renewing and/or upgrade it.
With some of the money I have made off the RMAH I have decided to open a ventrilo server for the ANZ community to use.
I have created a 20 slot Vent server hosted in Sydney, Australia. You your friends or randoms you meet while playing the game are welcome to use this server, personally I always prefer chatting with someone over typing but that may be me being lazy =P
Server details are:
The server itself has no password for general access and I have setup channels in it already, if there is a specific channel you would like then feel free to send me a message or post here.
If you don't already have ventrilo you can download it here: http://www.ventrilo.com
and here is a quick guide on setup/how to connect:
1) Start the ventrilo program. Click on the Start button, click on Programs and then click on Ventrilo. This will display another menu option called Ventrilo that will start the actual program.
2) Click on the "->" button that is next to the first pulldown window called "User Name". This will open a new window where you can create a logon name to be used when connecting to a server.
3) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter your logon name. The name you enter is entirely up to you. It can be your real name or a nick name.
4) Click the "OK" button. You can come back to this window and click on the help button later on if you want more detailed information about what the other options mean and how to use them.
5) Now that we are back to the main window click on the "->" button that is next to the pulldown window called "Server". This will open a new window where you can enter the details about the server you would like to connect to.
6) Click the "New" button. This will open a small window where you can enter a name that will describe the new server definition. The name can be anything you want it to be like: "My server" or "Joe's server". When entering a server name you don't need the quotes around it. These server names will show up in the main Ventrilo window.
7) Click "OK".
8) Click on the "Hostname or IP" input box and enter the server hostname or IP address given to you by the person hosting the server.
9) Click on the "Port number" input box and enter the servers port number. The program will automatically display the default port number of 3784 but you can change this to what ever the server needs it to be.
10) Click on the "Password" input box and enter the servers password as defined by the server administrator.
11) Click "OK" to return to the Ventrilo main window.
12) Click "Connect" to establish a connection between you and the server you just defined.
13) You should also click on the Setup button and configure all of the different options that control Ventrilo. This is very important when it comes to controlling the microphone or input source. Once in the Setup dialog click on the "Help" button. Be sure to read what all of the options are and what they mean. This is very important for the Voice page.
That's all there is to it. You can always add more server definitions and create new logon names at any time.
@Narull - ANZ Diablo III MVP
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716 - The Most Valuable Poster program info
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Edited by Narull#6634 on 3/23/2013 3:08 AM PDT
Someone get this man a beer.
Love ya work Narull.
Request for a Friday night drinks + D3 - Kids channel. Something like "The New Tristram Tavern" or something witty to do with drinking and D3.
Edited by Killerbees78#6709 on 7/1/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Someone get this man a beer.
The young adventurer(rated G) and The New Tristram Tavern are up!
Also have a comp to encourage people to use the server here:
Around the $65/6 months for a 50 slot vent server hosted in Australia, that's with a discount code I had.
But happy to give back to Diablo(well the ANZ community =P) since its being paid for by my RMAH funds =D
As I said if it becomes popular I'm happy to expand it if it ever needs more slots.
I keep 2 headsets... 1 a cheap $30 logitech USB that works instantly and another better one, that way if i have a problem I can just switch quickly. And since my 'better one' failed 3 months after buying it and took 2 weeks to replace under warranty I was glad of the 2nd headset lying around.
That woulda been a good idea, but hey it gave me an excuse to buy the D3 headset since I like shiny things.
It's in the mail! now to play the waiting game.
lol thanks all, just wanted to give a little back and I'll be honest I hate typing while playing haha, call me lazy but its just so much easier to talk.
I'll be on vent a lot once I get my new headset(still can't believe I bloody broke mine), come on delivery man where are you!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.