Diablo® III

$1190.46 & counting, From RMAH to charities

nowkA, Cold and poonsan you guys are seriously awesome. I know it's totally cheesy to say but seeing how much people on this thread care and how well people are coming together really does give me more faith in humanity. It also makes me really think charity auctions in Diablo can have a great impact. A lot can be accomplished through common interests that bring people together and this thread is already evidence of that. Thank you all so much for every contribution you've made and, perhaps equally importantly, thank you for working to pass it along!
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 12:20 PMPosted by MethodMan
nowkA, Cold and poonsan you guys are seriously awesome. I know it's totally cheesy to say but seeing how much people on this thread care and how well people are coming together really does give me more faith in humanity. It also makes me really think charity auctions in Diablo can have a great impact. A lot can be accomplished through common interests that bring people together and this thread is already evidence of that. Thank you all so much for every contribution you've made and, perhaps equally importantly, thank you for working to pass it along!

likewise!

$9.26 to Wounded Warrior Project
http://i49.tinypic.com/28kt5ba.gif
Reply Quote
07/19/2012 12:46 PMPosted by emtwo
This is a whole lot of gibberish. "The endless division of our resources to attempt to solve all problems simultaneously results in the net effect of accomplishing next-to-nothing" You are a joke. Sitting there trolling, saying even the little contributions don't amount to anything... what a complete joke. I am embarrassed for you sir. So it isn't a perfect world, and people have different opinions on what to address.. but that's why society has made progress on many fronts. We live longer, healthier lives. Why? Because we didn't focus on just one problem at a time. By your logic, we should say, " Hey medical researchers, stop doing what you are doing and just focus on AIDS!forget about the other diseases, you're accomplishing nothing" LOL. emtwo, you are a funny character.

Nothing about the extension of the human lifespan has anything to do with charities, which is what we are discussing. Virtually all innovation that has impacted day-to-day lives of human beings is profit-motivated, and would take place with or without charitable donations. Charities bandage problems but do not solve them. This is not to say that bandaging problems is not a worthwhile endeavor; simply that throwing band-aid solutions in every wayward direction is significantly less effective in improving someone's life than, say, giving the guy on your street corner a decent meal.

"yet no problems are solved"

I think you're right, we should all just sit around trolling and whine about how the world is messed up. *facepalm.

Emtwo, you're just a whiner. That's it. If you have so much wisdom and perspective, put your vision to work and improve the world. Anyone can mouth off and whine about how "next-to-nothing" is being accomplished. A !@#$%^-*!, a @#$%^-, a thief..any of these kinds of people can QQ. Great contribution emtwo!

I am putting my vision to work and attempting to improve the world. You, on the other hand, show how hypocritical you are while proclaiming to be some benevolent benefactor, yet you attempt to demean people by accusing them of being less fortunate. You call people nasty names like !@#$%, and fail to realize that these terms describe the exact people that are in desperate need of help.

If you truly cared, you wouldn't be simply throwing money at sterile organizations that serve to keep you removed from what you see as the filthy, unwashed mass of cretins that so desperately need your help. You'd be out there among them, actually doing something. Furthermore, I find it highly unlikely that you have performed the proper research into these charities to find out if they are actually helping people, how they are doing it, and how many pennies on the dollar actually go towards helping people.

Like I said before, I understand that doing things like this helps you maintain a charitable feeling, and may assuage some of the guilt you feel as a wasteful American consumer. That seems to be your only real goal in this; there are infinitely better ways to help.

I know this was yesterday, but I needed to comment on this poster and people like him.

I understand your difference of opinion and that you do not believe in donations. I disagree with you, but that does not mean that I have to be demeaning or belittling to you in any way. You should not either.

It seems to me that you are "putting your vision to work" by slamming down those who do a better job of realizing their vision than yourself. As Nowka has asked, if you have no issues giving money to charities, explain your immense disdain for this attempt at uber humanity by the OP and those that have donated. And, this time, do it in a way in which you appear willing to discuss as opposed to flame.
Reply Quote
+1 Polydectes! the trolls usually give up after a day or two, think they find it hard to keep up in here :)

$5.74 to Brain and Behavior Research Foundation
http://i50.tinypic.com/21azknq.gif
Reply Quote
Great job man :)
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Killercows
Great job man :)
Reply Quote
got a few more sales processing.. any suggestions for organizations not on the list?
Reply Quote
07/21/2012 05:08 AMPosted by reznor13
!@#$ charities, homless are homeless for a reason and it is their fault. everyone who paid for this game gave a charity donation already, scam somewhere else and get a job, instead of stealing suckers money i hate democrats, i hate republicans just as much.

Read a book.

Also, nowkA, I'm having trouble confirming a donation to Fred Hutchinson, did you have the same problem?
Reply Quote
11$ for a charity... honestly that's enough to feed one person for a day. These charities, ALL charities are a pointless endeavor in my opinion. They are selfish in a way cause those donating do it to feel good about themselves and feed their own ego. If you really wanna help poor ppl then go ask Bill gates to donate his 40 Billion to charities. That should proly solve the poor man issue in Africa.
Edited by Nietzsche#2897 on 7/21/2012 5:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
sticky requested. It's just proof that even a game with this many faults can still produce gold once in a while.

Good on ya!
Reply Quote
07/21/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Nietzsche
11$ for a charity... honestly that's enough to feed one person for a day. These charities, ALL charities are a pointless endeavor in my opinion. They are selfish in a way cause those donating do it to feel good about themselves and feed their own ego. If you really wanna help poor ppl then go ask Bill gates to donate his 40 Billion to charities. That should proly solve the poor man issue in Africa.

So to be less selfish you suggest we stop donating and convince someone else to donate? Did I get that right?

Oh, and uh:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1027878/Bill-Gates-pledges-58-billion-fortune-charity--children.html
Edited by Cold#1177 on 7/21/2012 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
cold, no trouble on my end yesterday, used paypal as well. Are you getting stuck during the process or just waiting for a confirmation? usually pretty quick if using paypal..
Reply Quote
Edit: Figured it out.

$28.03 to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://i49.tinypic.com/200d6yx.jpg
Edited by Cold#1177 on 7/21/2012 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/20/2012 12:23 PMPosted by ntall1
Maybe... Blizzard should share a portion of the 15% to charities... sense the money is coming out of thin air.

Maybee Bliz should share all but 2%(what credit cards charge) of their 15% fee.
Reply Quote
Edit: Figured it out.

$28.03 to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://i49.tinypic.com/200d6yx.jpg

nice Cold!

Best.

Thread.

Evar!..
Edited by nowkA#1580 on 7/21/2012 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great Post. Great Idea AAA+++
Reply Quote
Too bad you're going to rake in all the Tax Deductables
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]