Diablo® III

$1190.46 & counting, From RMAH to charities

Kookymunster,

We as players, are paying for entertainment. Thanks to new developments in technology and the gaming industry, our entertainment can now pay for charitable efforts. How can you not see that this is quite an amazing thing?

I'm not here to discuss problems with loot or mf or gear swaps. There are other threads for that. This is about the power of games to raise money for charitable causes. Things like cancer research, innovation in education, emergency care, etc; things that are relevant to everyone regardless of their opinion of charities.

Forget the scrubs and the doubters/naysayers. You are doing good works my friend. Almost $1000 in charitable donations from one players just goes to prove how we can each make a difference (even if you decide to split up your donations among a bunch of charities). Thanks to the others who donated as well.
Reply Quote
I love how the stupid kiddies in this thread still seem to be convinced that the OP is doing a bad thing when he has donated nearly a THOUSAND DOLLARS to charities.

You people need your heads examining.
Edited by Setekh#2658 on 7/21/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70% to charity

30% to Blizzard

I think the OP is trying too hard to put a positive spin on the greediest game in history.

Wrong, sir. He is trying to donate money to help people in need, and he is attempting to obtain Blizzards support/help in doing so.
Reply Quote
View profile
Kookymunster,

We as players, are paying for entertainment. Thanks to new developments in technology and the gaming industry, our entertainment can now pay for charitable efforts. How can you not see that this is quite an amazing thing?

I'm not here to discuss problems with loot or mf or gear swaps. There are other threads for that. This is about the power of games to raise money for charitable causes. Things like cancer research, innovation in education, emergency care, etc; things that are relevant to everyone regardless of their opinion of charities.

I have no problem with using gaming for raising money for charity.
It is just that me, and probably a lot of other people feel that the RMAH is forced on us. There is a big difference between willingly giving money to the salvation army guy or woman at Christmas time and someone forcing you too. So if i give it needs to come from my heart not from feeling like i have to. I'm not sure i can really word this right, I'm not good as a writer.
Reply Quote
70% to charity

30% to Blizzard

I think the OP is trying too hard to put a positive spin on the greediest game in history.

Wrong, sir. He is trying to donate money to help people in need, and he is attempting to obtain Blizzards support/help in doing so.

Then he should raise money where all the money goes to charity. People do this all the time.
Reply Quote
And quit bragging about it ffs.
Reply Quote
View profile
You people are sooooooooo negative. I commend you on your efforts OP
Edited by AresSupreme#1987 on 7/21/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Massively Multiplayer Online Philanthropy Game :) To raise awareness and support for this concept, players are donating RMAH sales. The growth and legitimization of virtual economies like D3's makes games a potential source of fundraising for charitable organizations. Slices of the virtual economy pie going to charity.. let's make it happen.

See I have a problem with this. There are much, much better ways to raise money than playing pay to win games and suggesting that selling out the Diablo franchise is a good thing is completely ridiculous.

I smell PR.
Reply Quote
View profile
And my last words are going to be, I Simply don't buy into this for charity stuff. I still believe it is a clever tactic to bolster your sales in RMAH
Reply Quote

See I have a problem with this. There are much, much better ways to raise money than playing pay to win games and suggesting that selling out the Diablo franchise is a good thing is completely ridiculous.

I smell PR.

doob, you fail to realize this - Does it matter if there are "better" ways to raise money than playing games? Money is money. It doesn't matter if it comes from bowling night, door-to-door solicitations or D3. The point is, these economies are only going to get bigger, and we as a society can choose to support charitable gaming. What's wrong with hoping people think, "you know, I am pretty fortunate to be able to sit here and play a computer game. Oh, got some extra money, maybe I will donate it to charity!"

And selling out the d3 franchise? LOL, how is it selling out at this point? A fanboy could say RMAH was selling out... you are suggesting that a charitable fundraiser would be ill-received by players because it is selling out? Haha, keep sniffing for PR, you don't strike me as someone with much real-world business experience..

ChaosLeech, lol. nvm, your name says it all.
Reply Quote
07/21/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Kookymunster
And my last words are going to be, I Simply don't buy into this for charity stuff. I still believe it is a clever tactic to bolster your sales in RMAH

what? ok now you have hit a new level of foolishness. How does anyone know what items are mine? oh man.. it really is amazing how someone can be so.. so Kookymunster!
Reply Quote

And selling out the d3 franchise? LOL, how is it selling out at this point?

It's a 4 player, no lobby pay to win mess with a horrible story and weak core game play.

They cut so many corners the game is round. It's the most blatant money grab to ever be released as a AAA title.
Reply Quote
Your bragging disgusts me. If you are truely so philanthropic, do it anonymously. As of now, it comes off as blantant advertisement and only benefits blizzard.

No one donates because of altruism. You do it because it makes you feel good. It makes you feel superior to others. You want acknowledgement and acceptance. Job well done. Wow, the forum society loves you. If people follow in your footsteps, you feel so proud and maybe even become more popular.

Sorry, stop being selfish and please grow up and please shut up.
You are not a 6 year old child that needs reinforcement and acceptance from your parents.
Donate anonymously and stop advertising.

07/21/2012 02:07 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
Reply Quote
Your bragging disgusts me. If you are truely so philanthropic, do it anonymously. As of now, it comes off as blantant advertisement and only benefits blizzard.

No one donates because of altruism. You do it because it makes you feel good. It makes you feel superior to others. You want acknowledgement and acceptance. Job well done. Wow, the forum society loves you. If people follow in your footsteps, you feel so proud and maybe even become more popular.

You are not a 6 year old child that needs reinforcement and acceptance from your parents.

Exactly. This is nothing but PR.
Reply Quote
View profile
07/21/2012 02:22 PMPosted by nowkA

what? ok now you have hit a new level of foolishness. How does anyone know what items are mine? oh man.. it really is amazing how someone can be so.. so Kookymunster!

See right there, You guys are trying way too hard to convince people.
Even getting rude about it. But i do try to live up to my name lol.
Nice trolling with ya.
Reply Quote
ive been donating most of mine to Valve. steam summer sales are so awesome.
Reply Quote
$7.86 to Wounded Warrior Project
http://i49.tinypic.com/2j2vtk0.gif

So many people wounded or killed senselessly in Colorado today; young and old, civilians and soldiers...

Life's too short to be wasted trolling and tough enough without kicking each other down.
Reply Quote

Someone like you taught someone like me.

Only a fool would call someone donating RMAH money to charities "selfish".

You can say I do it out of ego, that's cool. Still doesn't change the fact that the donations are real.

Stop advertising? I want to see Blizzard make more charitable efforts like they have in the past. Sorry, but I can't stay quiet when there is such a big opportunity. You can sit on the sidelines, but seriously, take a look at what you have contributed to the most positive thread on the forum... who is the disgusting one?
Reply Quote

And selling out the d3 franchise? LOL, how is it selling out at this point?

It's a 4 player, no lobby pay to win mess with a horrible story and weak core game play.

They cut so many corners the game is round. It's the most blatant money grab to ever be released as a AAA title.

ok, i get that, but if you look back to your post, you said that incorporating philanthropy would be selling out the franchise. ah nvm...why do i even bother
Reply Quote

ok, i get that, but if you look back to your post, you said that incorporating philanthropy would be selling out the franchise. ah nvm...why do i even bother

Please don't bother. I've already lost you apparently. Go back to promoting the RMAH please you attention !@#$%.

You know there are much better ways to help charity...ah nvm why do i even bother.
Edited by doob#1197 on 7/21/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]