Diablo® III

Suggest a Book Series

Stay a while, and listen...or read about Deckard Cain's search for lost members of the Horadrim.

Diablo III: The Order
Author: Nate Kenyon

NEED USEFUL INFO, COWARDS.

Says the anonymous internet tough guy.
Edited by pacomoixa#1466 on 8/1/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stay a while, and listen...or read about Deckard Cain's search for lost members of the Horadrim.

¬_¬

On topic: Any of the first three Robin Hobb series. Farseer Trilogy, Liveship Traders, Tawny Man. She does fantastic characterisation. There are others after those, but that's as far as I've read.
Reply Quote
08/01/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Dood
If you don't mind some humor in your sword and sorcery books you can pick up Terry Pratchett's discworld series. I would suggest reading them in order as there's like 30 books so far, and they all build on one another for the most part. Excellent stuff though. I can't think of a single one of those books I didn't enjoy.

<3 Terry Pratchet

P.S. Vimes is the MAN
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Mage

NEED USEFUL INFO, COWARDS.

/waves hand..these are not the blues you are looking for. In all seriousness, here's all the answers you seek.

1.0.4 will be out soon. Soon is by blizz standards, and not yours. Chances are, that no matter what is done with the game from this point forward, you will hate it. That is all.
Reply Quote
King Killer Chronicles - Patrick Rothfus
Reply Quote
wut is goan on here
Reply Quote

And spend more money on this game?

HA!

You are wasting your time on these forums though...why? If the game sucks so bad, go spend your time elsewhere doing other things. But you would rather just whine.
Reply Quote
Saying you like Dragonlance books, I hope you've read the inception series' books ? Chronicles & Legends ?

Some of my favourite books of all time. So much love goes into the characters and like any good book you end up caring about the characters as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Of the dungeons and dragons genre of books some of my favorites are:
Clerics Quintet (a change of pace from the standard RA Salvatore D&D fare)
Tribe of One (Dark Sun trilogy by Simon Hawke)

For some other genres some of my favorites are:
Incarnations of Immortality (Piers Anthony)
Enders game series (Orson Scott Card fyi movie coming out Nov 2013)
Shane Schofield series (Matthew Reilly)
Reply Quote
A little about Dragons, but I've started reading the Riftwar Saga books by Raymond E. Feist and can't put them down.

http://www.crydee.com/raymond-feist/reading-order/written
Edited by Zeroethic#1818 on 8/1/2012 5:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. I am, I think the only fantasy reader who dislikes
A Song of Ice and Fire.

Edit :
The series starting with The Atrocity Archives by Charles Stross for a contemporay Cthulu setting I also found fun to read.

Although I wouldn't go as far as to say I "dislike" Martin's books, I have gripes with certain elements. For example his sadistic need to kill off characters (often to the point of being contrived), and (some) uninteresting side characters.

I second Erickson's Malazan series, though the epic scale of the series may be daunting and confusing for less avid readers.

My all-time favorite though, has to be the Wheel of Time. Memorable characters (on all sides), and a rich epic world.
Edited by HolyChaos#2129 on 8/1/2012 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
as already suggested
Dark Tower - Stephen King
The Belgariad - David Eddings (Radek of Boktor = Radek the Merchant in D3)? eh eh?

Mistborn - Brandon Sanderson (spikes in the cultists backs)? eh eh?

also i thought
The Death Gate Cycle - Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
was better than DragonLance o.O
Reply Quote
<3 Terry Pratchet

P.S. Vimes is the MAN

^This guy gets it :)

I've been reading a far number of graphic novels recently. If you're into that sorta thing, I'd highly recommend The Sandman, Y : The last man & Precher. Three great series.
Reply Quote
I don't think I am going to add anything new, but Wheel of Time is my favorite of all time, and Mistborn is also fantastic. The Sword of Truth books are also fantastic.

I couldn't get into the Dark Tower books, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]