Diablo® III

Wicked wind & acid cloud (nerf?)

People are complaining about wicked wind being OP - it isn't wicked wind, it's the overall crit chance buffs associated with the wizard and APOC in general that makes the char OP. I love my wizard and want them to leave it alone. Acid cloud on the WD procs just as much LOH and u dont hear anyone complaining about the WD being op. people are enjoying the character, don't nerf.
Reply Quote
That's because a WD can't really advance beyond Act 2 without Acid Cloud LOH. You nerf Acid Cloud and WD has pretty much no viable inferno builds unless you spend millions on godly items.
Reply Quote
I'm just saying wicked wind isn't the problem. The character needs to be able to proc LOH. If you use only wicked wind without explosive blast or any other OP crit chance damage dealer the skill isn't OP at all.
Reply Quote
It's not one or the other... it's the overall effect of having "rare" events, like critical hits, become common enough to be expected. There's dozens of "rare" events that are all but required to pull off many of these builds.
Reply Quote
Isn't Fire Bomb with the Fire Pit rune a better alternative to Acid Cloud?
Reply Quote
Alot of people use firepit. It's kind of in the same category. I'm just saying that they shouldn't nerf the wizard. It needs to be able to proc LOH. The wizard is amazing :)
Reply Quote
They both are op just as whirlwind barb oh wait the fact that barbs can move around the map 10x faster than teleporting wizard and witchdoctor makes it not even close :)
Reply Quote
Agreed. I feel like people are just starting to figure out the game and it is being played as it is supposed to be played. Jay Wilson designed the wizard I think, so I'm sure they were well aware of this build prior to launch. I'm enjoying it alot, please don't nerf.
Reply Quote
08/07/2012 08:38 AMPosted by Seeders
Just because something works doesn't make it overpowered. In fact I think MORE builds should be this powerful...

Exactly.

To anyone who says nerf anything, I will personally find you and punch you in the face.

THE FACE
Reply Quote
WW is op with CM as it is. You shouldn't be able to spam diamond skin infinitely and tank stuff with completely mediocre gear. It basically allows anyone to completely ignore gearing up their character at all, and just spam WW and diamond skin infinitely. That said, I really don't care, it won't be effective in PVP at all.
Reply Quote
There's nothing wrong with wizard or WD efficacy. Stop nerf herding.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]