Diablo® III

received an email from diablo@email.com

08/20/2012 07:55 AMPosted by Hypersonic
REMOVE the link. Now.

08/20/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Skitzofranik
please edit out the links to not have people clicking the links

08/20/2012 07:57 AMPosted by auduron
Please remove the link in your post just in case someone actually decides to click on it.

08/20/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Remove the https link.

08/20/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Snippa
Just clicking the link alone can get your computer infected with a virus. FYI.

Fools, you can't post clickable hyperlinks to outside websites.
Reply Quote
does the fact that it was an email from diablo@email.com but the sign off was World of Warcraft tell you its a obvious scam lol
Edited by McNaMaradona#1427 on 8/20/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 08:06 AMPosted by evEndzhar

The link was actually clickable that's why we said to remove it.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Hypersonic

The link was actually clickable that's why we said to remove it.

That's because the link was to an official Blizzard webpage.
Reply Quote
08/20/2012 07:55 AMPosted by evEndzhar
diablo@email.com, sounds legit.

Ya i just sent them $1000 thru pay pal.
Reply Quote
i had a similar Email just now on my old account i used for WoW and Warcraft 3.. lol i dont even have Diablo, my first thought was someone hacked my email and started playing games with my account.

but then i saw @email.com lol. googled it and came to this place

heres the message:

Greetings!
A user of this account has recently been involved in actions deemed inappropriate for Diablo III. The account action detailed below was made after a thorough investigation of the situation as a whole.
Though we are unable to discuss the outcome of our investigation due to privacy concerns, rest assured that this incident has been looked into very thoroughly and appropriate action taken on all accounts involved.

We now provide a secure link for you to verify whether you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please follow this site to restore the access to your account:
Reply Quote
How many times does blizzard need to tell it's users that they will never ask for login info?
Reply Quote
OP just got caught trying to sell his WoW accounts for D3 accounts!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for editing out your links, FuZz!

As others in this thread have said (thanks guys!), the email you received is a phishing email, and you should not clink on any links contained within it. If you want to learn more about phishing, you should check out the Battle.net Support article on it.

Please forward that phishing email to hacks@blizzard.com at your earliest convenience so that it the Hacks team can investigate it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Originally posted 8/12

Lock her up :)
Reply Quote
The fact that you even had to ask if this was a scam, proves that this crap works on people..

SMH.. To me it's Obvious.
Reply Quote
The fact that you even had to ask if this was a scam, proves that this crap works on people..

SMH.. To me it's Obvious.

Every day I wake up and think "today is the day things change"...then you see these posts... :(
Reply Quote
dont be so darn sarcastic. If a player doesn't visit these forums, how would he know that it was a phishing attempt. Doesn't mean he is dumb, just means he isn't internet wise.
Reply Quote
No reason for people to be so sarcastic towards the OP, he asked a reasonable question that deserved a reasonable answer. If you don't intend to be helpful, then please be silent.

And yes these scams do work on people or they would not bother trying to scam anyone with them. Not everyone can be expected to be savy about these kinds of things. That being said, there are usually several telltale signs that these are scams, as have been pointed out in this post.

I get at least 4 of these things a week in my junk mail, it doesn't mean they got your email info from blizzard if/when they were hacked either. I get these scams in my junk mail for non-blizzard games, games that I have never played and have no account for. In most cases they are just mass sending these out in the hopes that you have such an account and are naïve enough to take it seriously.
Reply Quote
I duno about other people but i know its a scam when its bad grammar or the tone of the email doesn't match blizzards normal legaleze grammar tone.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 12:08 AMPosted by Holy
I duno about other people but i know its a scam when its bad grammar or the tone of the email doesn't match blizzards normal legaleze grammar tone.

You need to be smarter than that. I've seen some with good grammar. Its not that hard to copy and paste from Blizzard's website.

My best advice is do not click on any links in any email whether you think its legitimately from Blizzard or not. If you suspect a problem with your account go to battle.net by typing the URL into the address bar and go to account management.

I were Blizzard I would stop marketing through email. Its like when IT guys tell you never to click on links or email attachments and send you a script via email and ask you to execute it.
Reply Quote
Any email that comes with an html link you can always hover over without clicking the link. You should see a popup with the actual URL it's leading to. If it does not match what the link says you can be sure it's a scam.

That being said you don't even need to do that for this email as it's SCREAMS scam just from the content. Forward to your email providers spam service and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/25/2013 07:38 PMPosted by Vaeflare
and you should not clink on any links contained within it.

Damn, I love clinking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]