Diablo® III

Is multi-boxing legal?

If it is not then why am i able to go to 2 different stream sites and find various players livestreaming themselves using multibox? Why is nothing being done about it?

If it is legal then i strongly recommend everyone (and i litterally mean everyone) start using it to easily farm any act in diablo since controlling 4 characters on one keyboard is in my opinion way 2 OP.
Reply Quote
It's legal. The people doing it have to buy multiple boxes, therefore Blizz approves.

Been that way since WoW
Edited by Killxswitch#1392 on 8/18/2012 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Warrior
afaik they will not take a stand on this. they seem to be riding the fence. if they say yes it is then people !@#$% and they lose sales. if they say no it isnt then they will be forced to take action agaisnt it and people doing it will stop. they also lose sales. i wouldnt expect an answer here.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Thëtank
afaik they will not take a stand on this. they seem to be riding the fence. if they say yes it is then people !@#$% and they lose sales. if they say no it isnt then they will be forced to take action agaisnt it and people doing it will stop. they also lose sales. i wouldnt expect an answer here.

They answered this a long time ago in WoW forums. And no they didn't lose sales, they gain em with multiboxers buying more games.
Edited by Killxswitch#1392 on 8/18/2012 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They dont lose sales. The people multiboxing already bought the game. Ergo either say its legal so they could potentially get more sales from people who are unsure or say its illegal and ban the people who have an unfair advantage by using a 3rd party program.
Reply Quote
I honestly see no problem with this, people do it in WOW. I mean if you want to buy the game 4 times, and in wow's case pay 4 monthly subscriptions, then you can do what you like.

If people want to buy 4 Diablo games and do it, then so be it, they paid for 4 separate games.

The issue is why they are doing it, if they then sell their accounts they level, then there might be an issue.
Reply Quote
Well since only one copy can run on one computer at a time, you'd need a program to run multiple copies to multibox. And that is against ToS so you can get banned if you get caught.
Reply Quote
This is Diablo. Not WoW.

In essence multiboxing is using a 3rd party program to achieve things in game that arnt achieveable by playing the game by itself.
ERGO to me it seems 2 be a blatant violation of the ToS agreement. Am i wrong in this statement?
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Kylani
Well since only one copy can run on one computer at a time, you'd need a program to run multiple copies to multibox. And that is against ToS so you can get banned if you get caught.

People are not multi boxing using the same account, you cannot log in more than once per account, otherwise you get logged out of the first game you logged into if you try to log in again using the same account details.

They have bought for example the game 2 times, and hit the loader, log into one game, hit the loader again which opens up another game window, and logs into their second account.

You need no special software, you can open the game up multiple times endlessly, you just need to log in with different accounts everytime.

If you paid for each new account, then there is no issue.
Reply Quote
People are not multi boxing using the same account, you cannot log in more than once per account, otherwise you get logged out of the first game you logged into if you try to log in again using the same account details.

They have bought for example the game 2 times, and hit the loader, log into one game, hit the loader again which opens up another game window, and logs into their second account.

You need no special software, you can open the game up multiple times endlessly, you just need to log in with different accounts everytime.

If you paid for each new account, then there is no issue.

Try it. Load up Diablo 3 then try to load again you will get a message saying "Diablo 3 is already running."
I know they use multiple accounts, but they also need a program to open multiple clients.
Reply Quote
FYI Multi boxing is not logging into the same account more than once.

It is logging into the game multiple times using multiple different accounts.
Reply Quote
Try it. Load up Diablo 3 then try to load again you will get a message saying "Diablo 3 is already running."
I know they use multiple accounts, but they also need a program to open multiple clients.

Just did, I can open up the Diablo client multiple times like I can with wow, and when I try to log in using my details, I get logged out the of first Diablo client game window.

I just hit the loader, nothing special used.
Reply Quote
Just did, I can open up the Diablo client multiple times like I can with wow, and when I try to log in using my details, I get logged out the of first Diablo client game window.

I just hit the loader, nothing special used.

Strange because when I do it with the launcher I get that message saying "Diablo 3 is already running" and cannot load another client. I did not get to the login screen to even try to log into the second account it would not let me.
Reply Quote
I used a Dell Alienware computer with Window 7 64bit. Nothing special loaded other than the game clients.
Reply Quote
This is Diablo. Not WoW.

In essence multiboxing is using a 3rd party program to achieve things in game that arnt achieveable by playing the game by itself.
ERGO to me it seems 2 be a blatant violation of the ToS agreement. Am i wrong in this statement?

The way the ToS is worded you are correct. But in the past Blizz has supported multiboxing players, and there is a streamer who has been reported both over a month non-stop about multiboxing, and hes still playing.

Seems to me like they support it.
Reply Quote
FYI Multi boxing is not logging into the same account more than once.

It is logging into the game multiple times using multiple different accounts.

I dont care about "logging on with differnt accounts" what i care about is the fact that they are able to move/use all those accounts at one time with very little effort involved THUS making it far more easier for them to clear/farm any act they choose. WHICH IS a distinct advantage over anyone else playing without the use of a 3rd party program
Reply Quote
There is no issues to multi boxing because you are not breaking any rules. You have purchased the game multiple times, you can play the game multiple times for each purchase.
Reply Quote
old news is old. who cares do it yourself
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Konjiki
I dont care about "logging on with differnt accounts" what i care about is the fact that they are able to move/use all those accounts at one time with very little effort involved THUS making it far more easier for them to clear/farm any act they choose. WHICH IS a distinct advantage over anyone else playing without the use of a 3rd party program

You wont want to play WOW then, third party addon's, macros, gaming mouses and keyboards. Golly Gosh don't visit www.curse.com for your gaming addon needs.
Reply Quote
If you install the game twice, each to a different directory you can launch both paths.

Multiboxing is allowed as you are logging in 2 different accounts, not different if you and your brother are each playing the game from the same house.
Edited by Albinowolf#1375 on 8/18/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]