Diablo® III

Is multi-boxing legal?

08/18/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Jwoww
I dont care about "logging on with differnt accounts" what i care about is the fact that they are able to move/use all those accounts at one time with very little effort involved THUS making it far more easier for them to clear/farm any act they choose. WHICH IS a distinct advantage over anyone else playing without the use of a 3rd party program

You wont want to play WOW then, third party addon's, macros, gaming mouses and keyboards. Golly Gosh don't visit www.curse.com for your gaming addon needs.

Troll kids are Troll. i played WoW. Now i play Diablo.
Again ill say this is diablo not WoW.
i dont give 2 flying rats bums if people bot/multibox/use addons in WoW. THIS IS DIABLO.
All the WoW addons, etc. is easily accessible to any player old or new.
However Multiboxing on DIABLO is not easily accessible AND gives a hugely distinct advantage to whoever is using it.
Reply Quote
If you install the game twice, each to a different directory you can launch both paths.

Multiboxing is allowed as you are logging in 2 different accounts, not different if you and your brother are each playing the game from the same house.

You are wrong sir. it is very differnt. Playing from 2 differnt computers means there are 2 seperate key strokes. NOT 1 keystroke to play 4 characters on ONE computer.
Reply Quote
I don't multi-box, but I see no issue here so long as no 3rd party programs are being used to aid in multi-boxing. And by 3rd party programs, I mean bots.

I'm fine if someone wants to run 4 virtual machines with 4 separate legally purchased copies of Diablo 3 in order to play a 'full' co-op game alone. I'm not fine with the images I've seen of people running 4+ virtual machines with 4 separate botting programs.
Reply Quote
not sure what the problem is

as far as i'm concerned,
if someone wants to buy 4 games and control 4 characters, it's their business

maybe the issue arises playing the Auction House part of the game
guess that's why i don't care
some of us were meant for the adventuring life, not for profit
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Konjiki
However Multiboxing on DIABLO is not easily accessible AND gives a hugely distinct advantage to whoever is using it.

Multiboxing in D3 is just as easy as it is in WoW, and just as allowed by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
If you install the game twice, each to a different directory you can launch both paths.

Multiboxing is allowed as you are logging in 2 different accounts, not different if you and your brother are each playing the game from the same house.

You are wrong sir. it is very differnt. Playing from 2 differnt computers means there are 2 seperate key strokes. NOT 1 keystroke to play 4 characters on ONE computer.

The premise is no different, its 2 separate games running independently of each other. methods of controlling the characters is not against the TOS EULA or even Blizzards wishes. If Blizzard has no objections to this game play method why should it bother other people?
Reply Quote
It's legal. The people doing it have to buy multiple boxes, therefore Blizz approves.

Been that way since WoW

Read this blue post here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4427538467#6

That's blizzard's official response to the multiboxing question. An answer that really brings us no closer to knowing if it is allowed or not.
Reply Quote
In short to the OPs question.

Yes, multiboxing is legal.
Reply Quote
If you read the ToS/ELUA you are not alowed to alter game play with any 3rd party programs. That means you are not alowed to change the state in wich the game is played.

People who are multiboxing are complying with the ToS/ELUA. they are not altering the games code or doing any envasive practises to decypher its upstream. The program in question mimic's keystrokes and mouse movements via windows.

The maker of this program is in direct contact with many gaming companys to ensure that his software is alowed to be used, if there is any part that these companys deam unfit he removes them.

My advice is dont hate on people because you dont understand what they are doing. If you cant wrap your head around it ask these people who you find streaming what softwear they are using and then go and read up on it. You will learn that every single major online gaming company allows the uses of his program.

You think playing 4 accounts with one keyboard at the exact same time isnt gamechanging?
Reply Quote
If you read the ToS/ELUA you are not alowed to alter game play with any 3rd party programs. That means you are not alowed to change the state in wich the game is played.

People who are multiboxing are complying with the ToS/ELUA. they are not altering the games code or doing any envasive practises to decypher its upstream. The program in question mimic's keystrokes and mouse movements via windows.

The maker of this program is in direct contact with many gaming companys to ensure that his software is alowed to be used, if there is any part that these companys deam unfit he removes them.

My advice is dont hate on people because you dont understand what they are doing. If you cant wrap your head around it ask these people who you find streaming what softwear they are using and then go and read up on it. You will learn that every single major online gaming company allows the uses of his program.

You think playing 4 accounts with one keyboard at the exact same time isnt gamechanging?

It is no different then running dual monitors or surround sound systems or a gaming key pad in conjunction with your key board.
Reply Quote
08/18/2012 09:53 PMPosted by Keybz
its not changing the GAME its self. you are utilizing windows to do the keystrokes for you. The ToS sais you may not alter the game. these people are not altering the game.

I guess thats a difference of opinion then. In my opinion being able to use a 3rd party program to "play" multiple characters IS in fact altering the game from how everyone not using that 3rd party program plays it.
Reply Quote

It is no different then running dual monitors or surround sound systems or a gaming key pad in conjunction with your key board.

Actually it very much is. When their 3rd party program is tricking their client into pressing the same button on 4 differnt accounts at the same time.
whereas if it were to be done legitly you would have to have 4 differnt keyboards, one per client and at the VERY MINIMUM 4 hands to control each keyboard/mouse movement. (MIB 2 mailman alien?)
Edited by Konjiki#1718 on 8/18/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Actually it very much is. When their 3rd party program is tricking their client into pressing the same button on 4 differnt accounts at the same time.
whereas if it were to be done legitly you would have to have 4 differnt keyboards, one per client and at the VERY MINIMUM 4 hands to control each keyboard/mouse movement. (MIB 2 mailman alien?)

No it is not different. All 4 accounts are being played manually. If the human doesn't push the #1 key the characters don't use their powers. The game is in full control of the user not a bot or altered game code to auto fire. thus the reason why it is legal, and it is legal reguardless of your opinion or how you view or feel about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]