Diablo® III

I still think Zoltun Kulle was good.

Sure he might have been a power-hungry Horadrim renegade, but he did aim to save mankind from the consequences of meaningless, never ending battles of angels of demons and their plots against Nephalem.

Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.
Edited by Millennium#2563 on 8/30/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 story line = angels + nephlam vs demons

Kulle wanted angles vs nephlam vs demons

It all depends on how you hold a grudge since more of the archangels hate humans.
Reply Quote
So what makes Kulle worse than the other two groups?

Forces of heaven - voting to exterminate mankind. So what if the vote narrowly failed, its the thought that counts. Imperius was so luvable too, didn't you just want to hug him?

Forces of hell - they were not power hungry at all, were they?

Kulle was just fighting fire with fire and I would have joined him.
Reply Quote
I think he's good too!
Fell bad having to kill him again the moment he is back from death.
Reply Quote
Lawful-Evil in the DnD scheme of things. "Lawful" is about goal setting... his goals are for order and security. Peace if you will. "Evil" is about action. He disregards the welfare of those he's trying to protect and wants to master over them.
Edited by Shagsbeard#1620 on 8/28/2012 6:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zoltan Un-Kulle's maniacal laughter is stereotypically evil. He'd be easier to cast as morally ambiguous if his voice acting weren't so hammy. But I agree--empowering humans as nephalem doesn't sound half-bad!
Edited by DatAxe#1578 on 8/28/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Please

this is a Blizzard game

so say it with me now people

NOONE

EVER

STAYS

DEAD.
Reply Quote
Kulle story bro
Reply Quote
I like the guy too. Kulle for pres 2012.
Reply Quote
Had we let Kulle live, we would of had to of teamed up with revived Diablo to kill him in diablo 4....apparently angels cant fight for squat
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 06:53 AMPosted by TarHeel
Kulle story bro

Thanks for this.

It woulda been cool to be able to have the story split here and have a different quest line deciding if you were siding with Kulle or the Adria camp.
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 06:53 AMPosted by TarHeel
Kulle story bro

Wins
Reply Quote
Zulle was easily the best character in the entire game. Just him being a mad Horadric mage tickles my Diablo geek bone, but he was also written well and intelligent. The voice acting was kind of cartoonish, which was a problem throughout the whole game (except Cydia she's well written and voice acted.)

I really don't like the direction they took Tyrael or Diablo in particular.
Reply Quote
I think its less to do with him wanting to liberate mankind and more to do with the black shoulstone he planed to make himself an uuber god.
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Priest
Zulle was easily the best character in the entire game. Just him being a mad Horadric mage tickles my Diablo geek bone, but he was also written well and intelligent. The voice acting was kind of cartoonish, which was a problem throughout the whole game (except Cydia she's well written and voice acted.)

Cydia is just from a different sort of cartoon, the sort you don't watch with your kids, has subtitles and such like.

I agree though, Kulle is the only interesting character in the game. His motivations and actions line up. I really hope that the player character wises up, raises Kulle himself and takes the fight to the heavens on his own design.
Reply Quote

Cydia is just from a different sort of cartoon, the sort you don't watch with your kids, has subtitles and such like.

I agree though, Kulle is the only interesting character in the game. His motivations and actions line up. I really hope that the player character wises up, raises Kulle himself and takes the fight to the heavens on his own design.

Well considering that the angels seem poised to launch an attack on humans considering their extreme levels of #%*#ishness (which I still believe is all part of Diablo's plan - that dude has back up plans in his back up plans, buried under a mountain of damn plans).
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
I was actually thinking about this as I played through Act 2 Hell yesterday.

He is considered to be a betrayer of the Horadrim, but would his ends have justified the means? ❤
Reply Quote
Sure he might have been a power-hungry Horadrim renegade, but he did aim to save mankind from the consequences of meaningless, never ending battles of angels of demons and their plots against Nephalem.

Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.

Sure he's not evil. Just ruthless. Someone has to make the hard decisions.

What bothers me most, is that his quest was no longer relevant; The worldstone was destroyed decades ago, and humanity's subdued power was slowly returning on it's own -
The player character being living proof of that, so there was really no need for him to get killed.

Plus, his voice talent is one of my all time favourites. It was the same guy in much the same manner of speech in Dawn of War: Retribution as Eliphas the Inheritor.

"Small steps corrupt"
Reply Quote
No one who laughs like he does is a good guy! Haven't you watched any movies? That 'Vincent Price Style' laugh is a sure sign that evil is afoot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]