Diablo® III

I still think Zoltun Kulle was good.

Except that you visited the "creations" and the realms that Kulle invented and he mentions that "I had to sacrifice much..." and looking around you can see the ceremonial tables and torture devices used to pursue his destiny. He has the same disregard for life as the Angels and Demons, he simply finds his purpose to be ample justification for his deeds.

I'm going to have to play those realms again, but I don't recall seeing torture devices.

Ceremonial tables, then look off to the sides as well. Also his mention that he sacrificed much, which was a twisted way of pointing to his deeds, without being overly specific.

I enjoyed the story and the character of Kulle. He at least stated indirectly what he did and what his goals were. The Demons were also forthright in their objective. It was the Angels who acted pious while trying to eliminate us that ticked me off the most. Sort of like the politicians in real life that are always after our best interests. Yes, we want to save you from the dangers of (insert vice); but we gladly take the tax money from the legal use of that vice and the dollars from the lobbyists supporting that vice.
Reply Quote
For those who haven't read the book (Book of Deckard Cain), it was mentioned that ZK tricks Tal Rasha, and went rouge. So that might be the reason why he became "evil" in the game. Also, he would like to "rule Sanctuary", of course, the Hero (being the hero), can not allow such "an evil" to rule Sanctuary.

I actually like ZK's storyline, and his death is both stupid and meaningless. I mean, he only lives for what, like less than an hour after being resurrected? It's almost on the same level as how bad Cain's death is....
Reply Quote
The best kind of villain is one that believes what he's doing is right and has absolutely no clue that it's evil, e.g. Magneto, Thulsa Doom, the Borg, etc.

Besides, Kulle toggled hostile on you not the other way around. What are you supposed to do? Reason with him? The hero credo says, "When in doubt, fight."
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Meriem
I actually like ZK's storyline, and his death is both stupid and meaningless. I mean, he only lives for what, like less than an hour after being resurrected? It's almost on the same level as how bad Cain's death is....

I was well under geared in Act II of Inferno. He lived a tad longer in my scenario. At one point he put down his weapons and clipped his nails while manically laughing. Go figure...
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, he told the truth all the time. He was even willing to tell the truth about the Kormac's Templar Order.

But no. Kormac is too stubborn. Our Hero is just a puppet.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 02:59 PMPosted by GlockworK
I'm not an expert on DnD, but wouldn't he be Chaotic Good? My understanding of it is Lawful evil = Evil motives through lawful means. Chaotic Good = Good motives by any means necessary.

Never played DnD but using those words brings back memories of Neverwinter Nights.

Might go play that tonight actually.

Well technically Neverwinter Nights is DnD just not table top. It's based on the Forgotten Realms Campaign of DnD
Reply Quote
Nxt time more communication...less fighting, probably Kulle would be alive to prevent Adria''s plot lol
Reply Quote
Z.K. was EeEeEvil, he wanted the black soul stone to him self to help him Rule The World! MUHUHAHAHAHAHA
-One stone to rule them all
Reply Quote
08/28/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Slothicus
Forces of heaven - voting to exterminate mankind. So what if the vote narrowly failed, its the thought that counts. Imperius was so luvable too, didn't you just want to hug him?

That vote thing has always irked me. Only one angel voted for exterminating humanity. Surely, considering that, you can say that most of the angels actually have no problem with humanity.
Edited by DenizenKane#1233 on 8/29/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
He would have been a suitable replacement NPC function wise for Deckard Cain. Plus I think his voice acting was one of the best IMO. I too would have liked him to stick around, every story needs the borderline bad guy good guy character. Like Pope from falling skies, for those that watch it.
Reply Quote
I considered his statement on sacrifice similar to the simplistic example "I had to sacrifice much party time to earn an engineering degree". Or in another perspective, the mirror image of "Ignorance is Bliss".
Reply Quote
haha you know that actually happened in the bible with the whole vote on humanity, but they also think earth is only 6000 years old, but thats just plain stupid
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 09:28 PMPosted by DenizenKane
Forces of heaven - voting to exterminate mankind. So what if the vote narrowly failed, its the thought that counts. Imperius was so luvable too, didn't you just want to hug him?

That vote thing has always irked me. Only one angel voted for exterminating humanity. Surely, considering that, you can say that most of the angels actually have no problem with humanity.

I interpreted the "only one vote saved mankind" to mean the vote was like 24 in favor of extermination, 25 against.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 09:41 PMPosted by Slothicus

I interpreted the "only one vote saved mankind" to mean the vote was like 24 in favor of extermination, 25 against.
This, it clearly says that Tyreal was the only one that voted for Mankind to be saved.
Reply Quote
Technically, Kulle is ALREADY DEAD in the game. You end up just resurrecting his ghost or something.

I would say - bring Kulle back. His dialogue was superb (unlike most of the game), voice acting excellent, and was a real 3-dimensional character despite his brief involvement in a single act.
Reply Quote
I was just playing Act2 and was thinking about Kulle and the black soul stone. I like kulle but how did all those souls get into the black soul stone??? If Adria put it there, how did she get to it without kulle's body parts and kulle himself? Also, if she can get to it, why do they need Kulle? This part hasn't been explained well at all.
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Robzy
If Zoltan Kulle, was good, then why did he attack me? I was only defending myself.

Because our hero's basically go, "no thanks, I don't want to join you, but because you offered to join forces, and are now hesitating on giving us the stone for a few seconds, we're going to take that as betrayal". Too bad ZK simply realized what was going on, and took a few seconds to come to realization of this. He had been trying to tell you the whole time what he suspected was happening, the fact is the hero is naive and too stupid to realize it, I hope they feel stupid in the expansion and resurrect him and apologize. He never broke his bargain and honored every part of it, if he wanted, as soon as he was res'd, he could have just locked his shadow realm away from us and ran off with the soulstone.

Especially as others have mentioned, nephalems are returning due to the world stone being destroyed, we need a leader like ZK who has knowledge beyond our understanding.

The hero makes a huge mistake due to being mislead by both Angel and Demon kind alike, further perpetuating the fact that until a hero like ZK can manage to fulfill the nephalem destiny (Sanctuary is neph territory, angels and demons have no place to rule over it) they will continue being puppets of 2 worlds older than their own. ZK like most other aspects of the story, went a direction that it had to go, not for good story telling, but for the typical Hollywood "YAY THE GOOD GUY WON" feeling that appeals to the masses, who take everything at face value, people who don't post on forums like these.

Zoltun Kulle as our leader? Are you crazy? That guy can barely scratch me. He went down like a !@#$%. PUPPETS? I killed the Prime Evil mother^-*!er. I could probably kill the entire Angris Council. Alone.

ptt..I don't need Zoltun Kulle to rule the world, and when I find that soulstone, Im gonna plant that mothe@#$%er in my head.
Reply Quote
No no no, the only good character you killed in the game was the Chancellor.

"No, I cannot let you bring that monster, Leoric back to life."

Hahah! Ef' you Chancellor, now give me your TP powers!

Wait now that I think about it, WTF is up with the skeleton king? He was perfectly animated when he was sending his minions at Cain, then all of a sudden you have to bring him back to life? WTF??
Reply Quote
08/29/2012 10:51 PMPosted by KillerMagoo
I was just playing Act2 and was thinking about Kulle and the black soul stone. I like kulle but how did all those souls get into the black soul stone??? If Adria put it there, how did she get to it without kulle's body parts and kulle himself? Also, if she can get to it, why do they need Kulle? This part hasn't been explained well at all.

I wanted to know how the !@#$ all the souls got in there from the moment I got to that point in Act 2.
Edited by LiquidSnake#1572 on 8/29/2012 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]