Diablo® III

I still think Zoltun Kulle was good.

Kulle probably isn't dead since the player didn't go through some elaborate "imprison the guy with a clue" ritual like the Horadrim did.
Edited by Midmagic#1442 on 9/3/2012 11:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Zoltun Kulle is not evil, everyone becomes Naphalem is awesome.
Kormak is EVIL, he killed he's ex-comrade-in-arms even after Jondar apologize.
Kormak seek naughty tomes while Kulle seek for better life quality.
Kormak is worthless if not for his ability to carry shield, but I'll take Kulle as follower anytime if I can give him a Maximus.
Reply Quote
The problem with Kulle is that, once in D3, we actually got to experience his story, it was over too fast.

As one of the more compelling elements of D3's story, the speed with which we went from "unkillable sorcerer" to "trash boss" was way too fast.
Reply Quote
Necromancy!

Watch out for the zombie thread!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
08/28/2012 02:29 AMPosted by Millennium
Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.

He chose to murder me after I brought him back to life.

THAT is the very definition of evil, at least according to dictionary.com

"morally wrong or bad"

Is some murder morally correct!?
Reply Quote
I was disappointed to see him turn into another evil guy who wants to kill me for asinine reasons. And the constant chatter (talking non-stop while I'm in the middle of a fight for my life) and laughter was out of context.

I would have loved him to be the black knight of the group, the guy who seemed really evil, but was actually willing to die to save the world.

Not overtly original, but still better than Jafar.
Reply Quote
I'm also rather suspicious of Tyrael's motivations; it's pretty clear he doesn't want Kulle's help and is only accepting it out of dire necessity, which makes it look like he's trying to set himself up in the role of humanity's savior despite his insistence that that's our job. Which is at odds with his complete inaction from the time you bail him out in Act 1 until Rakkis Crossing in Act 3, and further inaction from the Demon Gate until The Heavens themselves are threatened in Act 4, which give the impression he's more concerned with the well-being of his own kind despite his protestations to the contrary.

Nice thinking. You know, it always pissed me off how you save the world, getting almost killed and eviscerated and stuff (specially if you play hardcore), and he is the one who gets rewarded, featured prominently on the last cinematic.

Yeah, uh, guys? WE killed Diablo. Not him. He wasn't even present!
Reply Quote
Now that the expansion pack is announced, I hope we get to see more of Zoltun Kulle and perhaps have a chance to side with his cause this time.
Reply Quote
I skimmed through some of the comments, and I agree with most of the people here. Kulle and Cydaea are the two characters in D3 that are actually written well. I also agree that Kulle should not have been killed, and it was jarring when I was told it must be done.

His voice-acting was great, but the laugh was out of place.
Reply Quote
Is it still possible for ZK to make a comeback based on current D3 Story?
Reply Quote
08/24/2013 03:13 AMPosted by NoD
Is it still possible for ZK to make a comeback based on current D3 Story?

I don't see why not, I mean resurrecting dead people in Blizzard games has never been a new thing.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Gutrachop
Ensuring the safety and well being of one's race, now that's something I would hardly call evil.

He chose to murder me after I brought him back to life.

THAT is the very definition of evil, at least according to dictionary.com

"morally wrong or bad"

Is some murder morally correct!?

Actually what happens is :
"Now that I have told you my plan and that you brought me back to life, would you join my side, destroy the demons, destroy the angels and make it so that never again humanity will be threaten by anyone and claims it's rightfull place as the master of the universe ?
-: No ! I like Tyrael ! Go eat a ham in your grave you foul being that have exactly the same goals as me except you don't like angels because they wanted to wipe humanity from existence ! Twice... I am nothing like you !"

And in RoS we will end up killing angels.
Eh.
Go figure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/29/2012 02:48 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I think that he, like most characters, would believe that he was the hero of his own story. Whether others view his actions and motivations as good, evil, or somewhere in-between depends entirely on their perspective.

he was the only one who really knew what was going on. The moment he realized the other evils were already trapped in the stone the plan changed. a crisis could have been adverted.
Reply Quote
LMAO godly long-sighted threat indeed
Reply Quote
A worthy necro-thread for sure considering recent information.

09/03/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Midmagic
Kulle probably isn't dead since the player didn't go through some elaborate "imprison the guy with a clue" ritual like the Horadrim did.

This, pretty much. :P

Kulle is immortal, they could only seal him away by decapitating his body. Expect to see him return in some capacity come RoS.
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 03:57 AMPosted by DamienJohn
A worthy necro-thread for sure considering recent information.

What? Was there some information regarding Kulle I missed or something?
Reply Quote
Had we listened to Kulle the result would have been a world full of Nephalem, a not-dead Leah, and no prime evil. It's interesting to me that Kulle was originally killed for trying to use the soulstone to become Nephalem for his own reasons, but when Heaven needed a Nephalem for their reasons, the hero was given every encouragement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]