Diablo® III

Fix the UI! $220 weapon accidentally sold

well you take time and chance and then the longer you play the higher the chance that even you will make such an mistake.

Has nothing to do with stupid. Its simply math ...

This topic is too funny. So ... vendoring items is no different to playing roulette, it just catches up with you?

Now it must be asked, do you close your eyes, randomly move the mouse, start clicking, and hope for the best? If not, it isn't a matter of chance, but of incompetence.

PS - Safety scissors available upon request.
Reply Quote
Must be nice to have lots of disposable income. Us poor folks just can't compare.
Reply Quote
Why didn't you just buy it back from the vendor?
Edited by psyonix#1616 on 3/28/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh, and you paid $220 for pixels?
Reply Quote
I always ID with a vendor window open. Either the thing you right click gets ID'd, gets sold or you have the repair window open and it says you can't do that. Right clicking with a vendor window open won't equip stuff. ^.^
Reply Quote
While this thread is a bit old, I saw that it’s been bumped a few times recently, so I wanted to jump in really quickly with some clarification about a new feature that went into patch 1.0.7 that might have slipped your notice.

As [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6470437848?page=8#160"]SirCris pointed out[/url], one of the changes we made in patch 1.0.7 was that you can now identify items while in the vendor window. So if you talk to a vendor, you will be able to identify it using right click, and then you can also choose to sell it with a second right click. As usual, if you accidentally sell an item, you can still retrieve it from the vendor’s buy-back tab.

While you are in the vendor window, you should no longer be able to right click on an item in your inventory and accidentally equip it. Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.

Sooooooo Why can't we just sell items instead of identifying them first? I know they are trash I just want to get rid of them. It is the reason I started salvaging stuff. Just so I don't have to waste time identifying garbage.
Reply Quote
Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hahaha. crybabies...
Reply Quote
1. ID with the vendor screen open. That's been available for a while now, you can't slip up there.
2. Eyeball everything you sell. Is it green across the board? Did you unequip it by mistake?
3. Do this in single player, so you can't get kicked from the vendor screen.
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't have time to hold every bodies hands while they play.
Reply Quote
I would bet money that most of the haters bashing the people in here that have made this mistake would be making a thread crying about the same thing if they were to do it. A lock button ( which wouldn't take much to implement) could save a lot of grief and forum space.
Reply Quote
While this thread is a bit old, I saw that it’s been bumped a few times recently, so I wanted to jump in really quickly with some clarification about a new feature that went into patch 1.0.7 that might have slipped your notice.

As [url="https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6470437848?page=8#160"]SirCris pointed out[/url], one of the changes we made in patch 1.0.7 was that you can now identify items while in the vendor window. So if you talk to a vendor, you will be able to identify it using right click, and then you can also choose to sell it with a second right click. As usual, if you accidentally sell an item, you can still retrieve it from the vendor’s buy-back tab.

While you are in the vendor window, you should no longer be able to right click on an item in your inventory and accidentally equip it. Effectively, having a vendor window open while identifying your items should help ensure that you do not inadvertently equip items while you are identifying them.

really, how about right click to id. shift right click to gear swap. that way you only sell when you want to sell, you only id when you want to id. and you only equip when you want to equip.

(ie: id outside of vendor windows, sell when vendor windows are open.)
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 11:09 PMPosted by RedChief
2. If there must be a key combo, force the user to shift right click to alter equipped slots. Then its different then the identical mouse stroke used to identify something (save for the item context, id vs. unid)

^this

shift + right click is the answer

Why it was ever designed to use the same right click for multiple actions is beyond me. I've never accidentally sold anything but it's still a terrible design.
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 3/29/2013 7:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare

That's funny as I just noticed this the other day but I thought it was always there and I just never noticed it worked this way.

But I still think switching gear should be a shift + right click.
Reply Quote
"fixing" the UI so players can't make a mistake such as the OP's is NOT something Blizzard should prioritize highly imo.

There are SO many more defficiencies in the D3 UI. Foremost is the limit of 5 buffs displayed at one time. This is so %$#@(*& ridiculous, but Blizzard has disingenuously brushed this off with their stated desire of a "clutter-free" UI. Too bad the UI isn't currently clutter-free, and buff timers are anything but clutter.

Giving customers a choice, not the D3 designer's way of thinking...
Reply Quote
LOL @ anyone who invested more then a couple dollars into the RMAH. Insane
Reply Quote
You had me at $220.
Reply Quote
Look. Simple. Code a gear lock and a skill bar lock. Whats so hard and demanding about that? Then there are no worries. I don't vend at this point because of a few close calls. Even with current system, you can still make a mistake. An easy one to make. Id while playing, real quick. ... right click one to many times. It happens all the time. You should also be able to mark items with "never vend or salvage". Even if they end up in your inventory, if you go to vend it, its stamped and won't allow you to. Check my ring out, the trifecta. Lots of gold. I was using a soj one day. And...almost salvaged that ring...I mean I had clicked it and it popped up "are you sure you want to vend this item" with my finger over the enter button.

When I vend, when I did vend I should say, I do it quick. Click the anvil, mouse over item quick, click and hit enter...boom boom boom.

Change the UI. Allow us to do some things. Right now the the UI is a joke. Would coding for it be that difficult? No. They probably have a build out there with the options in it...but for some reason...like approachability...have not put in game.

1. ID with the vendor screen open. That's been available for a while now, you can't slip up there.
2. Eyeball everything you sell. Is it green across the board? Did you unequip it by mistake?
3. Do this in single player, so you can't get kicked from the vendor screen.
Reply Quote
UI works as intended. Now get back in the RMAH and spend more more money. -Blizzard
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]