Diablo® III

Fix the UI! $220 weapon accidentally sold

ok, so the negative reactions to my post fall into 2 camps:

1. the....I cant believe you paid 220 dollar camp and the

2. its your fault for being careless

As for #1, people do realize Blizzard has created a market/alternate currency system right? Since gold is directly fungible to dollars, just treat it like i spent 125mil gold on the item (about right at current exchange rate). Which i more or less did since aside from the 60bucks to buy the game I havent input any cash into the system, just sold stuff bought with gold on rmah to then use the cash to buy other stuff. Ultimately has no bearing on the underlying issue that the UI makes it way way to easy to sell equipped items you have no intention of selling.

As for #2, yup, i was careless, and per Blizzards policy on sold items (which I don't find unreasonable) I am out of luck. The UI can and should be improved so others dont make the same mistake.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Garagrim
you payed $220? lawl.

Paid. Heh, I have plenty of friends who use the rmah rather than grinding for hours. Poor people ridiculing others is funny.
Reply Quote
Oh this is the society we live in where the blame lays on the game and not the person who actually did the action. Dood I did the same thing with one of my items and I didn't go running to the boards going OMG BLIZZZ it's all YOUR FAULTTTT WWAHHHHH!!!

You're the one that messed this one up. Own up.
Reply Quote

As for #1, people do realize Blizzard has created a market/alternate currency system right? Since gold is directly fungible to dollars, just treat it like i spent 125mil gold on the item (about right at current exchange rate). Which i more or less did since aside from the 60bucks to buy the game I havent input any cash into the system, just sold stuff bought with gold on rmah to then use the cash to buy other stuff. Ultimately has no bearing on the underlying issue that the UI makes it way way to easy to sell equipped items you have no intention of selling.

As for #2, yup, i was careless, and per Blizzards policy on sold items (which I don't find unreasonable) I am out of luck. The UI can and should be improved so others dont make the same mistake.

#1. Yea man, its fine to spend money, as long as you have it. No idea why people care. Poor people jealousy issues.

#2. I actually like the right click option. To rectify the issue, there could be an options menu to disable this. That would be a solution. I'd have a fit if they just disabled it because of user error. Unfortunately, blizzard tries to help the best it can, but user error is a hard thing to rectify. Still wonder how you got so far with seeing ur DPS drop. Dont play high man :). Anyways, sorry for your loss.
Reply Quote
08/31/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Fearddis
Or you could, you know, be about 3 seconds more patient. Everytime I've accidentally vended something I manage to notice, you can buy it back immediately. This shouldn't be a huge problem.

Because the huge problem is Cain died. Died. And no one is capable of identifying our loots.
Reply Quote
"So I accept the fact that my carelessness led to this result. That said, the UI should never have let me get in this situation."

Actually it was this very quote that led me to write what I wrote. You knew it was your fault and yet you still think Blizz needs to implement something? It was your inattention to detail - not Blizzard's that led you to your mistake.

Well as players we will make mistakes after playing for hours on end. Eventually every player makes some sort of mistake due to inattention to detail. There is nothing wrong with Blizzard implementing something in case that mistake is made. An example would be being able to buy back an item from the vendor which is awesome if you accidentally sold an item to the vendor.... something which was implemented.

He is simply making a suggestion for the UI. This is very similar to people accidentally swapping skills on their bar and losing NV stacks. So what they do is request it being able to be locked so that's not even a possibility.

Neither of these situations have happened to me personally, but I don't see why implementing UI upgrades would be a bad thing.

Explain to me why it would be a bad thing :/
Edited by Prexus#1812 on 9/1/2012 12:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So Racinwrx, I looked at your profile, you have good gear on your barb.

Going forward, this actually isnt about me and my lost axe. With what happened to me, Ill be being extra extra special real careful when I vend things, though its not like I was totally cavalier about it before this happened, just wasnt paying enough attention tonight.

Really its about you and others with gear they dont want to accidentally sell from equipped slots (technically it does go through the inventory but whatever, my point is its way too easy for that too happen).

I totally get that the UI cant nor should it attempt to completely prevent you from selling something to the merchant you didnt intend to, but it doesnt have to open up a big old avenue to letting you do it.....and for what....the ease and convenience of right click equipping? Would folks seriously be affected to the negative if they took that away and forced you to equip/unequip dragging and dropping onto the paper doll.

I dont think they would, and trolling aside I doubt almost anyone with stuff they dont want to inadvertently sell wouldnt welcome a 1.05 patch note that said equiping items now must be done by drag and drop.
Reply Quote
09/01/2012 12:33 AMPosted by RedChief
Would folks seriously be affected to the negative if they took that away and forced you to equip/unequip dragging and dropping onto the paper doll.

Well the people that are upset about the MF cap and claim that it "takes skill and micro to swap gear during combat" would actually love this. Or should rather since they would have to have even more agility and combat prowess while swapping gear. Although I kind of doubt they actually enjoy right clicking a bunch of times before killing creatures......

MF swapping is so lame btw :P

I'm all for UI enhancements.
Reply Quote
Does it not register in your brain that if you go to right click the next item, to unid it and nothing happens, that maybe you misclicked? And that possibly you clicked on an already identified item?

Still, I have misclicked many times before (but I notice), so, your point is valid. Requiring to hold shift + right click to equip sounds like a good solution to me. After all, you have to hold alt to equip items in your off hand and alternate ring slot.
Reply Quote
You are stupid enough to fit into Jay's target audience for this game.

Well done.
Reply Quote

#1. Yea man, its fine to spend money, as long as you have it. No idea why people care. Poor people jealousy issues.

#2. I actually like the right click option. To rectify the issue, there could be an options menu to disable this. That would be a solution. I'd have a fit if they just disabled it because of user error. Unfortunately, blizzard tries to help the best it can, but user error is a hard thing to rectify. Still wonder how you got so far with seeing ur DPS drop. Dont play high man :). Anyways, sorry for your loss.

So I honestly cant really see what you like about right click equipping, but to each their own. Yeah an options menu to disable it would be completely fine with me, allows me to prevent my user error eff ups and lets folks like you right click equip to your hearts content.

So I didnt actually get very far without noticing... It was a situation where I just finished a total Act 3 clear, ided all the stuff in my inventory, sold all the crap (which i believe was everything for that particular run) and exited the game to check auction etc.. Came back into the game and noticed the empty socket on the MH and thought Oh eff.
Reply Quote
Make it an option. Not a "you must do this cuz user error too strong". Drag and drop...heh no thanks.
Reply Quote
You can't fix stupid.
Reply Quote
You are stupid enough to fit into Jay's target audience for this game.

Well done.

you are apparently are stupid enough to spend time reading and posting on forums for a game you apparently dont like. Pure genius.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]