Diablo® III

Fix the UI! $220 weapon accidentally sold

LOL at you buying a $220 weapon for this boring game, lol.

people are so terrible with money it's amazing.

sounds to me like you're just mad that all your characters on this boring game have terrible stats and dps. And that someone has more money to blow than you that they can spend on a hobby of theirs.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/31/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Govbot
A fool and his money...

people do what they want with their money, yeah to some money means everything and they need to watch what they spend but you would be surprised how many people out there have loads of money and not even sure what to do with it. he spent 220 dollars on an axe, so what if he feels it was worth it then to him it was. you never know, maybe he makes 6 figures annual or more, or maybe he won the lotto.

220 dollars might mean alot to some but to some it's chump change
Reply Quote
I have no sympathy as you pissed away $220 on a weapon. Wow. That'll teach you. To be fair, you're in the same position now as you were when you had the weapon, as your $220 still resulting in you having nothing of net value.

I'm not again paying for items devs created, but when it's just a random item generator.. Blizzard's laughing all the way to the bank thanks to morons like you.
Reply Quote
How did a thread on UI turn into a mud slinging session about RMAH purchases?

Stick to the point please. I too would like some kind of lock on the equipped gears, to prevent accidental swap-outs. With a full bag of rares, identifying them has sometimes caused me to swap out my gear by mistake. Good thing I noticed every time, but I know it's like a freak accident waiting to happen...like what OP experienced.
Reply Quote
Yeah that should be fixed. It's real easy to do after the ZK fight if the vendor disappears as you are right clicking to sell. I switched and sold my pants without knowing it before leaving and finding out 2 hours later. Why have the vendors disappear anyway. They come back after talkin with Leah.
Reply Quote
Like I said: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6470968069

We need an NPC in town to identify our entire inventory. Spending like two minutes identifying a whole inventory of rares is one of the worst smack-my-head mechanisms in this game.
How can you go from Deckard Cain quickly identifying everything for you, to a game sequel 14 years later where you have to click and wait for each item. DUMB!!!
Reply Quote
View profile
I have no sympathy as you pissed away $220 on a weapon. Wow. That'll teach you. To be fair, you're in the same position now as you were when you had the weapon, as your $220 still resulting in you having nothing of net value.

I'm not again paying for items devs created, but when it's just a random item generator.. Blizzard's laughing all the way to the bank thanks to morons like you.

$220 isn't a lot for some people.

Hell, that's a night out for me, and I usually have nothing to show for it but a hangover and the clap.

this right here, some people are just not aware of the fact that people make decent money and spend it how they want... MOST people that say that's a waste of money are either jobless or live paycheck to paycheck and have a hard time paying all their bills at a comfortable level to where they have some money to spend

i'm not bashing anyone, in this days economy it's very understandable, just people need to get over the fact and let people use their money how they want
Reply Quote
I have never had this problem... strange. Good luck to you getting your axe back.
Reply Quote
This always scares me. I've gotten psychotic about it since I swap gear in and out fairly frequently. The way I monitor myself is that I memorize a number like DPS. Whenever I'm in the inventory I look at the DPS. If it's off, I know something is wrong.
Reply Quote
i lost a pair of gloves that way too.
Reply Quote
to me buying is cheating.. that said good luck with your paying for diablo items goals of 2012
Edited by bobbyhill#1423 on 9/1/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ID all should be an option,
Reply Quote
View profile
you can buy it back?... just go to buy back screen... its so effing simple....
Reply Quote
Anyone who can throw 220$ out of the window, can probably just do it again. Go back to the auction house, and slap down another two hundred bucks on a few pixels.
Reply Quote
If you can remember what your DPS is, you can all ways take a quick look at it in the stats. You will know if your missing a good piece of gear.
Reply Quote
That suxz. its like you scammed yourself, only that its by accident.
Reply Quote
Look at all the trolls. Remember not to feed them.

Anyway same thing happened to me. I noticed my dps was off and then noticed the low level gloves and boots. This is a UI tweak they can fix with a few lines of code. Just add some sort of Item Lock Option. I see the ability to lock items in other games maybe there is so sort of weird patent on that I don't know about.
Reply Quote
View profile
The thread title is misleading, an axe you paid $220 for 2 months ago is probably worth 22.20 now.

That being said, I feel for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]