Diablo® III

Blacksmith Plans Dont know if learnt

There are a few changes I'd like for blacksmith plans as I'm trying to do the achievements.

1. Purchasing from AH I can't tell if I've learnt the blacksmith plan already so it's similar to shooting a target in the dark. This requires going back in game, learning the names, writing down which ones you haven't got and going back to the AH.
2. Clicking on a blacksmith plan link outside a game in the lobby doesn't show if you already taught the blacksmith. (in game shows in red Already Known if not known says Artisan Level 10 in white).
3. Clicking on a blacksmith plan link outside a game shows Requires Artisan Level 10 in red format as if i don't have the requirements but in game it shows that same text in white.
4. I cannot link a plan from the AH to show a friend. I have to purchase before i can link.

Solutions are simple.
1. Have the plans linkable like weapons/gear are.
2. Have lobby perform like in game in regards to whether you know the plan or not.
3. Have lobby perform like in game in regards to meeting the Artisan Level requirements.
4. This will take into fact if your character currently selected is in Hardcore or Softcore mode.

P.S. Please add commas when inputting numbers for all screens applicable except chat window.
Edited by oddmut#1947 on 8/31/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bump. no one notices this little annoyance?
Reply Quote
Wow.
Reply Quote
what does wow mean in regards to what is written? good? bad? idk.
Reply Quote
No one cares about this achievement or the little things that could be fixed?
Reply Quote
bump for this change!
Reply Quote
does no one notice this or even try for this achievement?
Reply Quote
+1! bought a few cheap plans only to find out I already had them a while back
Reply Quote
Heres a tip, make a game, open your recipe book and look at which ones you have.
Reply Quote
Thank you Mr. Cynical, the point of this is to make it more convenient for the player who spent 60 bucks on the game, this is a perfectly reasonable request.
Reply Quote
Bump for sure. This has bugged me for a while now. Collecting recipes is a good way to break the monotony end game but it's hard to know if you're finishing up the list or buying duplicates if the tool tip doesn't say "already learned". What would that take? Like two extra lines of code. The AH already compares your equipped gear to any AH items you look at. Why can't recipes work the same way.
Reply Quote
Your problem is that you when buying plans from the AH, you can't tell which you have bought already? Shouldn't the problem be the absolute lack of plans dropping at all?
Reply Quote
I wrote them down on a paper while checking them on the blacksmith list.
And bought the remaining ones.
yeah, took a bit, but whatever
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:29 PMPosted by Slappy
Your problem is that you when buying plans from the AH, you can't tell which you have bought already? Shouldn't the problem be the absolute lack of plans dropping at all?

Really? I have the opposite problem...the plans drop way too often and I get way too many duplicates. I vendor them as they can take awhile to sell on the AH.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Mercurial
Really? I have the opposite problem...the plans drop way too often and I get way too many duplicates. I vendor them as they can take awhile to sell on the AH.

5k elites killed and I've had 1 plan drop. It was a crappy plan, but at least one finally dropped. I've probably seen 35-40 legendary items and have all of the components for the Staff of Herding without specifically farming them. Yet the plans are elusive.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Slappy

5k elites killed and I've had 1 plan drop. It was a crappy plan, but at least one finally dropped. I've probably seen 35-40 legendary items and have all of the components for the Staff of Herding without specifically farming them. Yet the plans are elusive.

I have had like 30 black smith plans and about 4 jeweler ones... and I am only at 12k kills.

I recently just bought all the plans anyways, and a few legendary ones too just to get myself in range of 100 to get the achievement once the new plans come out. It only cost like 1-1.5m to get all the plans... so just buy them all at one time.
Reply Quote
Bump ... I also would like to see this fixed.

note: Even though I can find things to complain about this is by far the best game I have ever played
Thanks Blizzard
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]