Diablo® III

Changing armor appearance

I always wanted this change!
U got it nailed perfectly!

I asked my buddy who works on D3... before the game came out how the tier works...
and told him that it's stupid that everyone will end up more or less the same cuz we'll only use top 3 tiers of gears....

I am 200% with you on this.
This should apply to weapons as well!!!
Reply Quote
Totally agree. Monk legendary boots look totally awkward. The should implement this on upcoming patch. Also, i dont want my char looks like anybody else.

Please Blizz!!!
Reply Quote
I agree with all these as well!
Reply Quote
It makes sense that we should be able to use the other 72 instead of letting them go to waste, but i feel like there going to be introducing new legendary every other patch which will make up for the blan ness of our gear.
Reply Quote
Great idea.
More customization is definitely needed in this game.
They should also add some more customization options on Legendary items. At least we should be able to dye them. Some of them just look too ugly and I want to dye them invisible.
Reply Quote
+1 Some of the low level stuff looked great and dyeing Legendaries would be nice.
Reply Quote
either redesign the sets/legends or let us use dyes on them. seriously, how difficult can than be?

i especially have issues with how vile ward looks. really, who here hasn't even have one anyway?

simply put, let us use dyes on sets and legends or just simply redesign them.
Reply Quote
Highly agree mainly for legendarys and I wish I could dye them to.
Reply Quote
1. Add a 5th tab to the blacksmith interface: Customize Armor. It should look similar to the repair interface. There should be an item slot for the item you want to change, and a drop-down menu to select the item's new appearance.

2. Here's how you do it: You put one of your items in the slot, select from the drop-down menu its new appearance, press the button to pay, and voila!

3. It does not need to be expensive. Inferno dyes cost up to 5000 gold. The cost of changing a single piece of armor should be the same.

4. You cannot make your armor look like a legendary (or a different legendary), one of a higher item level, or one for a different class. It makes no visual sense for a level 10 hero to walk around in Archon armor, for example.

Well, they probably wouldn't implement drop-down menus because they'd consider it a lot of work. Instead, for that 5th (Appearance) tab, they'd clone your gear slots (because they'd be reusing code functionality).

Then the requirement is that you could buy/find any piece of gear and slot into that 5th tab in order to define your toon's look. Of course, the item would only affect your appearance, and its stats would be ignored.

So gear slotted into the 5th Appearance tab would override the look of whatever gear you actually have slotted. For empty Appearance tab slots, you'd see what your toon actually has slotted.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Yes. Add this. Good option
Reply Quote
Sorry Blizzard restricts character appearance and customization.

Good idea though.
Reply Quote
nice idea
Reply Quote
Blizz even if you say no (which i hope you wont) comment on this thread.

+1
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Make so that you can only change the appearence to a piece of armor that you already have.

I.E. I can't morph my Andariel's Visage into an IK without first owning IK.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Nahas
transmog?

As in the transmorg system from WoW? Why not
Reply Quote
Make so that you can only change the appearence to a piece of armor that you already have.

That's also what WoW's transmog does. Blizz already implemented this whole system in WoW, im guessing the D3 team has other things higher on their priority list.
Reply Quote

That's also what WoW's transmog does. Blizz already implemented this whole system in WoW, im guessing the D3 team has other things higher on their priority list.

Looks like this mechanism could be implemented within no time then, if wow already has it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]