Changing armor appearance

11/06/2012 02:41 PMPosted by choppies
BUMP Becaus I care
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
cool idea
Reply Quote
Tyrael's Might - a belly dancers fetish dress.
Depth Diggers - strippers pantyhose.
IK Triumph - pretty alright in the front, but should be covering whole head, not just the front.

TBH D3 design is so much like World of Warcraft cartoonish, babygirl, power rangers style, it doesn't fit here in a black and evil world of Diablo. It should be SIMPLE, RIGID, PRACTICAL. I like D2 for that, it was so back on earth design. It wasn't a cartoon, but it was natural, like if a man of planet earth, is facing the forces of evil for real in medieval times.

This too
Reply Quote
Well, they probably wouldn't implement drop-down menus because they'd consider it a lot of work. Instead, for that 5th (Appearance) tab, they'd clone your gear slots (because they'd be reusing code functionality).

Then the requirement is that you could buy/find any piece of gear and slot into that 5th tab in order to define your toon's look. Of course, the item would only affect your appearance, and its stats would be ignored.

So gear slotted into the 5th Appearance tab would override the look of whatever gear you actually have slotted. For empty Appearance tab slots, you'd see what your toon actually has slotted.

This is the best , fastest, and easiest way to do it, and it adds to even more variety than making a smithing addition.

11/17/2012 08:39 AMPosted by rjm3
Would be neat if a social armor tab was included. For those of you that don't know what a social tab is, its slots you can place armor that override the look of what you are really wearing (that function for look only, no stats). PVP isn't out yet, but in a lot of RPGs this tab is crucial as knowing what your enemy is wearing can create advantages/disadvantages. Also some armor is bunk-ugly. Social item slots would be head, chest, hands, legs, feet and shoulders.
Edited by rjm3#1598 on 11/17/2012 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
BUMP
Reply Quote
THIS IS A GREAT IDEA BLIZZARD PLZ RESPOND!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Unfortunately this will never be high on Blizzard's to-do list. Aesthetically appealing, yes, but they probably have a ton of other things on priority. Not to mention, it is not so straightforward to implement, and something as simple as legendary dyes have not yet seen the light of day.
Reply Quote
11/25/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Hayrich
Unfortunately this will never be high on Blizzard's to-do list. Aesthetically appealing, yes, but they probably have a ton of other things on priority. Not to mention, it is not so straightforward to implement, and something as simple as legendary dyes have not yet seen the light of day.

doesnt seem like it should b too tough just to dye at least...
Reply Quote
Yea its probably not a priority, but I still hope it happens.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 04:58 AMPosted by TheNoseKnows
Yes, but without the Calvin and Hobbes reference...

Can we have the Calvin and Hobbes reference?

I'm a fan because most characters end up looking really stupid be having to mix and match armor. I was never a fan of how in WoW the better armor is the more ridiculous it looked and I would like to avoid having to do that in Diablo.
Reply Quote
Ok, strangely enough, I actually witnessed a DH the other day with some intriguing armor. He was wearing Andarial's Visage, Vile Ward, and a couple of other legendary / set items except all of his armor had a different look when I viewed his profile. It still showed those legendary items when I inspected him, but the preview of his DH looked entirely different, he was wearing gear that I'd never seen before. Is that some 3rd party mod, or just a bug in profile viewer??
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
blacksmith that sells better item with money/essence/stone
Reply Quote
Bump, sick of vile wards and purple tals
Reply Quote
I like this, blizz please implement
Reply Quote
bump because of awarness
Reply Quote
any listening??? blue comment plz
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]