Diablo® III

Angry Chicken Extreme 200K DPS+ Build!

You read the title right. This build is only for people with 200k DPS or More when buffed.

Angry Chicken - Transform into a chicken and do 215% Weapon Damage upon explosion. This ability also has the hidden bonus of granting +15% movement speed as well while in chicken form! The movement speed bonus is a key part of this build. Try and time your chickens to explode at the very end of the 5 seconds so you can take advantage of the run speed for as long as possible.

This has to be one of the most underrated spell currently as it both offers instant DPS as well as movement speed increase!

There are only 3 Witch Doctor abilities that can do damage on the run without pausing and two of them are already very common.

Spirit Walk - Severance 225% Weapon Damage per second. (Jaunt is also an option with this build as that extra 1 second of run speed/invulnerability is huge. Honored Guest if you are mana hungry and healing journey if you need the extra life.)

Soul Harvest - Vengeful Spirit 230% Weapon Damage.

Angry Chicken - 215% Weapon Damage +15% movement speed as well while in chicken form for up to 5 seconds.

Here is one for those that are extremely geared out: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#YVdUiX!WTY!..cYbZ

1. Build Requirements 100k DPS unbuffed. (PTV and Provoke the Pack add 35% to your DPS so effectively this becomes a minimum 135k DPS which goes up to 180K+ with 5GF Stack and 200k+ with all of the above and Soul Harvest!)
2. Zombie Dogs Reduced Casting time of 30+ Combined. (This is for killing Elites Efficiently there is an alternative build below that uses zombie bears)

The reason you need 100k DPS for this build is that you need to be able to one shot all mobs with either Soul Harvest or Angry Chicken. Alternating between the two on trash mobs. Sacrifice is for killing elites.

Alternate Build: Zombie Bears and Mass Confusion with Paranoia in place of Dogs and Sacrifice. (This makes the gear requirements much easier to get). The bears/paranoia are for burning down Elites and should be one of the few times you pause during a run.

I have tried this build in A1/A2 with only 50K DPS and it works well. It takes some practive getting used to it but once you get the hang of it its really amazing. For A3 however it will not work efficiently unless you have 100k+ DPS to start. Would love to hear some feedback from highly geared 100k DPS+ paragon level grinders who give this a try.

PS. Depending on how they set the rules in PVP this ability more than likely will end up on every highly rated Witch Doctors Bar as it offers both speed and damage capability. Sadly it is part of a another great spell Hex which offers both CC and +Damage to a single target so we will see Blizzard decides to treat CC in PVP. If they nerf it for PVP then Angry Chicken will be strong if no most likely people will use Hex.
Reply Quote
This sounds amazing, never knew angry chicken gave you a speed boost. I'm at 123k unbuffed and 147k with PtV; using a Skorn. I'll test this out and make a video soon if it works as well as I hope!
Reply Quote
Keep in mind the build takes some getting used to. It did for me at least. Give it a few hours so you can get used to timing the chicken as well as when/where to use it.

Once you get it. Its sooo much fun and insanely fast as you now have 3 sprints!!!
Reply Quote
Angry Chicken is fun, but it's not amazing.
  • It also knocks back targets (nice)
  • The knockback happens at the end of the speed boost, which makes Horror / Stalker better for escaping
  • It gives a run speed boost, but it's not that noticeable honestly
  • Its explosion radius is rather small, and damage does not quite match Soul Harvest / VS
  • You can't pair it with Spirit Walk (this is the biggest weakness), which leaves you vulnerable
  • So Angry Chicken is nice, but Horror / Stalker is better for escaping, and Soul Harvest / VS is better for hitting big groups. I usually don't have enough room on my bar for it, but it's fun to use :)
    Reply Quote
    I had experimented with this to no avail previously. I could not attack yet could take dmg while waiting for the explosion. it seemed worthless no matter what i tried.

if you have 200k dps how is this any better than just using ANY other skill and 1 shotting everything?

200K acid cloud will wipe out every non elite monster in an entire room. so why bother?
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    interesting I did not know angry chicken give 15% ms. was this data mined or how was it tested?

also fyi on angry chicken. You can force the explosion at any time by simple hitting any of your skill buttons 1-4.

@ digital man. the advantage is that both the cast and to explode angry chicken you do not have to stop moving where as for acid rain it has a attack animation where it forces you to stand still for a time equal to your attack speed I believe. over the course of a run this is a huge time difference even if you one shot every mob with acid rain like I do.

just made a post goin into a bunch of this speed stuff.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572447498
    Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 9/14/2012 10:02 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    interesting I did not know angry chicken give 15% ms. was this data mined or how was it tested?

also fyi on angry chicken. You can force the explosion at any time by simple hitting any of your skill buttons 1-4.

@ digital man. the advantage is that both the cast and to explode angry chicken you do not have to stop moving where as for acid rain it has a attack animation where it forces you to stand still for a time equal to your attack speed I believe. over the course of a run this is a huge time difference even if you one shot every mob with acid rain like I do.

just made a post goin into a bunch of this speed stuff.

Just look at your character sheet when you pop the chicken. It tops out at 110% if you cast all three at the same time!

@Chucknorris Bingo! The ability to attack while on the move saves tremendous amounts of time! It also provides 3 sprints to help get through dead areas faster. Combined with Grave Injustice and a good farming route it can nearly double your run speed if you time it well.

This build can be a bit tricky to learn but once you get the timing down it is very strong.
    Reply Quote
    I don't know that I'll try this myself, but I commend you for finding a build in which this spell is actually useful!
    Reply Quote
    This sounds interesting, i'm going to have to try it. would love to see a youtube!
    Reply Quote

Aha... i was not aware you could force the explosion, that would negate my problem with it. You have discovered how to do what i was trying to also but could not figure out.

very cool

has anyone figured out the LoH gained for the targets you hit?
    Reply Quote
    so basically you need 200k+ DPS to make up for how crappy this build is? How does that make sense? Is it just used to shave seconds off on farming time? lol
    Edited by Soundb#1770 on 9/14/2012 5:30 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    09/14/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Shurafa
    Combined with Grave Injustice and a good farming route it can nearly double your run speed if you time it well.

A 15% speed boost will double your run speed? U not math gud.

I kid. I know you mean that by not stopping you save a lot of time.
    Edited by Jasonator#1483 on 9/15/2012 12:04 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    09/14/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Jasonator
    Combined with Grave Injustice and a good farming route it can nearly double your run speed if you time it well.

A 15% speed boost will double your run speed? U not math gud.

I kid. I know you mean that by not stopping you save a lot of time.

No literally It actually more than doubles your run speed up to 110%! Your base runs speed is 0:

+25% from items
    +50% from Spirit Walk
    +20% From Horrify with Stalker Rune
    +15% From Chicken.
    = 110% total.

It ends up being less than perfect as you need so uses several of these abilites to do damage as well as increase your run speed. However since you can cast them on the fly it allows you to be very efficient with them. Under the right circumstances this actually allows the WD to be the FASTEST class in the game. (In practice Barbs still tend to be faster except for a few extremely densely populated areas of the game.)
    Reply Quote
    09/14/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Soundb
    so basically you need 200k+ DPS to make up for how crappy this build is? How does that make sense? Is it just used to shave seconds off on farming time? lol

Every second adds up! If you save just 15 seconds in each area, and farm 8 areas per run, that is two minutes saved each run. If you do 10 runs per day that 20 minutes per day over 2 hours per week.

You can often save much more than 15 seconds per run as well...

This is one of the main reasons that Run speed is a must on almost every pair of boots.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]