Diablo® III

[Bug] Stone of Jordan and bonus elite damage.

I just got a stone of jordan and wanted to test out how much it was increasing my locust swarm damage on elites. So I tried out my locust swarm on a bunch of undead regular monsters while at 5 stacks of soul harvest and it consistently hits for 12224 damage on all monsters I tried it on, no variation except critical hits. Then to keep things consistent I tried it out on about 5 different packs of undead elites while at 5 stacks of soul harvest. Each time it consistently hit for 12224 damage. What gives? Shouldn't the damage on an elite be significantly higher?
Edited by Shestin#1917 on 9/13/2012 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So this got me curious and I decided to do another test using my maximus. My maximus gives 12% extra damage to demons, so I tried locust swarm on non-demons and on demons with 5 stacks and it did 12224 on both types. It would seem that locust swarm isn't receiving increased damage from any source.

Edit: Tried it out on haunt as well, it did exactly the same damage on a regular as on an elite. Is the stone of jordan not working on dots?
Edited by Shestin#1917 on 9/13/2012 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bonus damage items are bugged as can be on certain runes and DoT spells.

The list also includes, Burning Axe of Sunakis, Magefist, Fragment of Destiny, Schaefer's Hammer and Frostburn Gauntlets.
Reply Quote
shestin...are you getting the extra dam on elite packs with non dots spells like example bears or darts...or in my case i use sacrifice a lot.
im planning to buy a stone but after reading it's bugged?
it would be costly to invest in a item tht doesn't work:(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]