Diablo® III

Affixes based on ilvl of monster

Right now the i63 Legendaries only drop in Act 3. Could we get a concise answer as to whether now with monsters all being level 63 with MP1+, do i63 Legendaries now drop in ALL Acts at the SAME rate with MP1+?

I'm wondering what the benefit, if any of farming Act 3 compared to previous acts? It seems like there are none based off what I've read, I would like a response from a Blue though.

Well, two things:
I know of probably 5 people who say they got ilvl63 legendaries in Acts 2 or 1. Hard to know if true, but they weren't the trolling type. Maybe mistaken, I suppose.

People are finding 6prop recipes in Act 1 now, so if there were any such restriction, it was probably removed.

I asked this in my earlier post, and i want a Blue to confirm if we will indeed be able to se Legendary and set items of iLvl 63 drop in act 1-2-3-4, eagerly awaiting this information.
Reply Quote
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.

How about confirmation that legendaries/sets of ilvl 61/62/63 and BS plans are, or are not, restricted to different acts?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/26/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Mith
How about confirmation that legendaries/sets of ilvl 61/62/63 and BS plans are, or are not, restricted to different acts?

At MP1 or higher, anything that used to drop only in Act III or Act IV of Inferno can now drop in any Inferno act (so Acts I - IV).
Reply Quote
I was on ptr before and had an ilvl 63 yellow weapon drop that had stat rolls of 40... surely that must be a bug because why would you have stats that low on what is supposed to be a top tier item? Btw it was at 6 monster power and with the system that means the monster lvl should be ilvl 63 correct?
Reply Quote
NVM i'm blind. TY for all the posts Lylirra
Edited by Dro#1318 on 9/26/2012 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Lylirra

At MP1 or higher, anything that used to drop only in Act III or Act IV of Inferno can now drop in any Inferno act (so Acts I - IV).

Bouse
Reply Quote

Thank you Lylirra. Your information has been most helpful and appreciated!!!
Reply Quote

So at MP2-10, you aren't getting "better drops" they are just happening more frequently because of the higher MF?

Maybe I'm confused as to what's being said here.

Theoretically, the best rolled item that could ever drop could drop in MP1 or MP10, but not necessarily MP0? That about right?
Reply Quote
At MP1-10 all monsters are mlvl 63 and drop rates for all ACTs for ilvl 61,62 and 63 are the same.

What scales up is the MF bonus from the increased MP lvls.

So, best items would be starting at MP1 for ALL ACTS in Inferno. However, higher MP levels = high MF and thus you would have a better shot at better rolls on those items.

Hope that helps.
Reply Quote

Thankyou for the confirmation. Really an awesome change, feelt so restricted cause i could only farm act1, so this change is really great :)
Edited by Draakora#2550 on 9/26/2012 6:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
At MP1-10 all monsters are mlvl 63 and drop rates for all ACTs for ilvl 61,62 and 63 are the same.

What scales up is the MF bonus from the increased MP lvls.

So, best items would be starting at MP1 for ALL ACTS in Inferno. However, higher MP levels = high MF and thus you would have a better shot at better rolls on those items.

Hope that helps.

No, you don't directly get "better shot at better rolls on those items"

You will simply get more rolls. In other words, more blue, yellow, legendary. So, overall, your chance of finding a good one will increase. But not on per roll basis, but on a per sample basis.
Reply Quote
How about the legendary items?
Will an ilvl 61 legendary item drop from a lvl 63 monster has 63 affixes?

Just talked with the developers, and they confirmed that Legendary items, vendor items, and crafting items (from the Blacksmith) are not affected by this change. Legendary drops will have the same stats in 1.0.5 as they do currently in 1.0.4.

I'll make sure my previous post links directly to this one, since it is new information.

Do you mean even the RANDOM PROPERTIES on the legendary item will still follow the rules in 1.0.4?

Such as, can we get a Zunimassa's Set Ring with 6 critical hit change incrased?
Edited by OceanBorn#3149 on 9/27/2012 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would reaaaaally appreciate if I got a legit answer to this:

Essentially my question is: is the chance for high level drops (ilvl 63 rare, legendaries) the same for act 1 and act 3/4 on monster power 1 (seeing how monster levels are the same - 63), or is the old rule (2% for act 1, 4% for act 2 and 8% for act 3/4) still applied?
Reply Quote
I would reaaaaally appreciate if I got a legit answer to this:

Essentially my question is: is the chance for high level drops (ilvl 63 rare, legendaries) the same for act 1 and act 3/4 on monster power 1 (seeing how monster levels are the same - 63), or is the old rule (2% for act 1, 4% for act 2 and 8% for act 3/4) still applied?

Monster Power 0
------------------------
Inferno – Act I
iLvl 61: 23.9%
iLvl 62: 12.6%
iLvl 63: 4.8%
Inferno – Act II
iLvl 61: 23.3%
iLvl 62: 18.6%
iLvl 63: 9.3%
Inferno – Act III and Act IV
iLvl 61: 27.1%
iLvl 62: 21.7%
iLvl 63: 16.3%

Monster Power 1-10
------------------------------
Inferno – Act I,II,III and IV
iLvl 61: 27.1%
iLvl 62: 21.7%
iLvl 63: 16.3%

thats about as legit as you're going to get
Reply Quote
^ but is that actually tested or just assumed?
Reply Quote

I don't think it's an good idea that this change totally don't affect Legendary, especially for those powerful amulet and ring. You have just said " Legendary items being powerful is OK". For example, "Tal Rasha's Allegiance" is very powerful now, especially for those have critical hit chance. And people buy them with high price not for the useless set effect, but for the power effect as an individual item. But if it cannot roll 10% critical hit chance, and the critical hit damage maximum still be 65%, no one will think it's powerful and buy it with high price.
But for some Legendary, it is OK that they cannot roll 63 affix. such as "Strongarm Bracers"

In summary, I think the intrinsic property of some (just small part of) Legendary item should be change. (Just some amulet and ring). And some of them can also roll 63 affix. (I think change the ilvl of some Legendary to 63 maybe a good idea, such as Tal Rasha's Allegiance.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 06:36 AMPosted by ztking

It's been confirmed by several blue posts to the effect. I simply put it in numbers since people seem to respond better to numbers than they do words.
Reply Quote

I don't think it's an good idea that this change totally don't affect Legendary, especially for those powerful amulet and ring. You have just said " Legendary items being powerful is OK". For example, "Tal Rasha's Allegiance" is very powerful now, especially for those have critical hit chance. And people buy them with high price not for the useless set effect, but for the power effect as an individual item. But if it cannot roll 10% critical hit chance, and the critical hit damage maximum still be 65%, no one will think it's powerful and buy it with high price.
But for some Legendary, it is OK that they cannot roll 63 affix. such as "Strongarm Bracers"

In summary, I think the intrinsic property of some (just small part of) Legendary item should be change. (Just some amulet and ring). And some of them can also roll 63 affix. (I think change the ilvl of some Legendary to 63 maybe a good idea, such as Tal Rasha's Allegiance.

Just note that it hasn't been confirmed that rings+amulets will now beable to roll at ilvl63. It's beginning to look like this was done in error(Based on the comment of i57 drops in inferno for such items.) I think we will see Rings and Amulets only able to go to lvl 62 once 1.05 actually hits the public.
Reply Quote
There's one last point that I find unclear: do the different ilvls (or whatever determines the base damage/armor) drop with the same frequency whatever the act you're in (for a given ML)?

What I really want to know is if the acts are now strictly equivalent for drops, so I can go wherever I feel like rather than wherever the drops are best.
Edited by Groli#2137 on 9/27/2012 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Sevon

It's been confirmed by several blue posts to the effect. I simply put it in numbers since people seem to respond better to numbers than they do words.

Can you link one? I didn't see anything say that the new drop rates are like the old drops in Act 3. I saw some where you could maybe assume that, but nothing that was clear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]