Diablo® III

Energy Twister Explanation Request

Please point out legendary items that have procs That are based of dealing direct multiple AOE effects. Also these legendaries Must have no internal cooldowns so they become so overpowered that the could become abusive under the system. Name one specific legendary which is/was will ever abusive. That is the original summation as to the reason for the Energy twister nerfs.

well said
Check the new hellfire ring.
They shouldn't balancing our skills around it, they should have internal cool down
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
In 1.0.4, we reduced Energy Twister's proc coefficients from 0.25 to 0.125, and applied that change to four of the five runes. Problem is, we intended that change to apply to all five runes including Storm Chaser, so we're correcting that mistake in 1.0.5 (it's going from 0.5 to 0.125 to match the others). It could probably be considered a bug fix at this point, but for the sake of clarity we're listing it as a normal change in the PTR patch notes. We might change that plan for the live notes, but it really depends on your feedback. :)

As for why we changed Energy Twister's proc coefficient at all, Wyatt summed that up nicely in his original class preview blog for 1.0.4: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939564/

I'm sorry but his reasoning for nerfing the coefficient is complete rubbish.

He probably does not realize that he halved:

-CM Proc rate (which is I guess what he intended, BUT)
-Life on Hit
-AP gain on critical hit
-DPS gained by the storm armor rune Shocking Aspect

I'm mostly concerned about the last, didn't you guys want to BUFF storm armor? With all the coefficient nerfs, storm armor sucks really hard now. Shocking aspect barely gets proc'ed. Simply halving the coefficients is a very harsh penalty.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
You guys are wasting your time. The nerfs will happen. Because of Legendary procs..... In fact who wants to bet me rite now every bit of these nerfs happen. They have the greater good mentality and rite now wizards are on the list. We dared to perma freeze. Now we shall pay.

I actually wouldn't be surprised at all to see the nerfs happen tomorrow.
Edited by Raiden#1985 on 10/1/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys are wasting your time. The nerfs will happen. Because of Legendary procs..... In fact who wants to bet me rite now every bit of these nerfs happen. They have the greater good mentality and rite now wizards are on the list. We dared to perma freeze. Now we shall pay.

I actually wouldn't be surprised at all to see the nerfs happen tomorrow.

someone should make a full legend gear set with procs and show how utterly useless it is..

eg: wizard spike, litany set, andariels, whatelse do you have procs..

I would say all legendary procs are pretty much useless/underwhelming and more of a flavour thing at this point, other than hellfire ring, yet nerfing an entire class just for hellfire ring is really stupid
Reply Quote
You reasons are rubbish Wyatt. Seriously, I work with system designers with way better comprehension of dynamics than you do.

But your stupid boss, Jay is probably mostly to blame
Reply Quote
you may delete the wizard better than nerf all usefull skill
Reply Quote
The best item that procs with Energy twister is Azurewrath. Yeah, I know what you may think but the sword basically replaces the need for Frost Nova.

Buy one and test it.

Must have 10% chance to freeze and your attack speed is around 1.9 ~2.1. I was able to perma freeze anything and everything. If you couple that with storm armor (shocking aspect) and Explosive blast, it's cake mode with all mobs.
Reply Quote
Donwloaded the ptr to test and nothing works at mp lv 5 for me, guess im cutting losses and roling a barb, screw it.
Reply Quote
The best item that procs with Energy twister is Azurewrath. Yeah, I know what you may think but the sword basically replaces the need for Frost Nova.

Buy one and test it.

Must have 10% chance to freeze and your attack speed is around 1.9 ~2.1. I was able to perma freeze anything and everything. If you couple that with storm armor (shocking aspect) and Explosive blast, it's cake mode with all mobs.

Re-read the patch notes again freezes(stuns) from items last 1.0 seconds
They added in another cc resistance which ignores any stun which has a specific short duration. At the second proc of the stun at 1.0 seconds it will be ignored by all elites because any stun lasting shorter than .65 seconds is ignored, but even because of that the proc will still apply its full CC resistance effect rendering other high durations stuns nerfed as well. Its even worse for rares and bosses they get .85 second ignore

Stuns are blinds, freezes, and stuns
Any stun which is shorter than 1.87 seconds will be ignored on the 3rd proc on any elite monster
Any stun which is shorter that 2.46 seconds will be ignored by all bosses on the 3rd proc of the skill.

FYI this means yes a skill paralysis is actually worthless in 1.05 also a lot of Barb and demon hunter skills are useless for their stuns now as well.
Reply Quote
105 is not diablo3 is barblo3!
Reply Quote
damn, everytime i see this thread on top of the forums i allways think we finally got some explanation for the further nerfs of every viable CM spell just to be disapointed. :(
Reply Quote
lame.... hope my wiz wont be completely useless, but if so, maybe ill make a WD
Reply Quote
Deleted
Edited by ElMatador#2856 on 5/10/2013 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 07:45 AMPosted by ElMatador
Reading it may be considered as a bug fix is a very sad excuse..

It is a bug, but ET should not be nerfed like that, their reason to nerf it is a very bad excuse,
They should make WW proc 0.15-0.2, while other rune should be even higher
Reply Quote
So the real answer to making up for the nerfs is to buy gear that the casual gamer will never be able to afford.
Reply Quote
i loved first when blizzard buffed meteor I tought about maybe using it in patch 1.05 but then they nerfed the proc rate of meteor that is extremely expensive in arcane cost
therefore making meteor pretty useless altough it seem buffed

i think the proc coefficents of meteor should stay where they was before the nerf
and energy twister deserves a flat buff in proc rate

to promote build diversity to encourage people to use other buids blizzard should buff the coefficients of other spells maybe also the mechanic of the following:

Arcane Orb: nice visuals could be nice skill but the dmg is low and it doesnt feel as powerful as frozen orb in diablo 2 which was a good screen killer
maybe it could hit several times when it flys by but the dmg% increase is splittet into multiple hits also ias could scale for more hits would be nice

Arcane torrent: really dont know what to do with this but i find it pretty uneffective to whats available for wizard

Mammoth hydra: should be nice firehydra maybe some kind of follwer hydra like some kind of fire golem in diablo 2?

force wave: since i saw latest patch note updates i see there is not much love for wizard left over and blizzard probably dont want this skill to synergize with CM builds altough it would be awesome if it had a cooldown of 2-3 seconds and no knockback on the other side for more build diversity blizzard could redo the skill completely to maybe a attack speed buff or a useful dmg skill that synergizes with atleast something.

blizzard or ray of frost: there are 2 nice frost skills why not allow a rune to be a 3rd nice iceskill on its self with for example an ice impale wave similar to plague herold or like the Lurker mechanic from starcraft 1

ice armor: pretty useless compared to the other armor buffs my sugestion: natural defense and attack speed slow against enemies in 25 yards range i think the runes need a redoing to synergize more for example using ice skills with ice armor should synergize in some way at least.

Storm Armor: A rune that changes the skill into an active dmg skill that calls out mighty lightning bolts from the sky and the lightning split between the enemies doing AOE dmg the more enemies the more dmg similar to thunder fury in diablo 2 with amazon.

familiar: one rune with crit chance buff, one rune with crit hit dmg buff, one rune with attack speed buff and one with resist all and armor and one that grants 10+ apoc on crit

Archon: immune to Crowd controle

some passives of sorc are trash for example

power hungry, arcane dynamo since its coefficient was stealth nurfed into oblivion,
conflagration it would be nice if there where decent fireskills to use in this game with sorc but tere are not
passives should make us able to create new builds based on those passives unfortunately the least passives provide such kind of build diversity
Edited by AllHallowsEv#2158 on 10/11/2012 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]