Diablo® III

Anyone tried running D3 on Intel HD 4000?

So i have this acer aspire s3 with intel core-i5 2x1.7GHz, 4GB RAM DDR3 and Intel HD 4000 graphics. I can hardly run D3 with all set to minimum on 1366x768 with like 15 fps average, so it's not playable. Others claim that they can run the game on high with 40 fps on this GPU, i wonder how it's possible. I have the latest drivers, any suggestions ?
Reply Quote
Wouldnt know, but I run mine on a single core 2.7 ghz AMD core on full settings. SINGLE CORE USERS UNITE
Reply Quote
Different laptop makes = different performances

Your laptop is not a gaming laptop. Its designed for office applications.

The GPU may very well be fine in running D3 however there is clearly something in your laptop that isnt.

Try an upgrade or run the game in a small windowed mode. Youll find the option in the settings.
Edited by Leviathan#2696 on 9/27/2012 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
something doesnt pass the smell test here.

I see nothing on intel's site that shows an i5 ivybridge chip @ 1.7. What is your CPUs model #.

HD4000 should be more than fine for D3. what are the mahcines overall specs
Reply Quote

The GPU may very well be fine in running D3 however there is clearly something in your laptop that isnt.

Try an upgrade or run the game in a small windowed mode. Youll find the option in the settings.

My laptop isnt design for gaming and it runs D3 perfect. Whats in his laptop that isnt able to run the game?

If you say the gpu is enough what else would that be? Im assuming that he has the new ivy bridge intel i5, since he is running HD4000. Im running the 2nd gen i5 so is proc is faster than mine.

There really isnt much with parts, Proc, Mobo, Ram, HDD, GPU in his case the gpu is integrated into the mobo
Reply Quote
something doesnt pass the smell test here.

I see nothing on intel's site that shows an i5 ivybridge chip @ 1.7. What is your CPUs model #.

HD4000 should be more than fine for D3. what are the mahcines overall specs

Dude dual core 1.7 + 1.7 = 3.4GHz
Reply Quote
There are so many posts about this an no solution from Blizzard for now.

Look at the tech forum to get a grip what can be done to improve your laptops performance.

My CPUs are running at 60% max, my memory is occupied by 40% and I have a radeon HD 6570.

D3 is running at totally min settings 1280x760 more or less comfortable. Stuttering still an issue. Doesn't make a big difference if I raise graphic details.

I think not preloading the whole environment of a map and in some case the physics engine is causing those problems, but it's just a guess.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the response. Yes, it's Intel Core i5-3317U with Ivy Bridge. According to my laptop specs D3 should run more than just fine. Even default settings when I first run it were set to medium. Just like Eraser I don't see much difference when running game on high or low - fps still pretty much same.
Edited by Voytas#2128 on 9/27/2012 5:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

My laptop isnt design for gaming and it runs D3 perfect. Whats in his laptop that isnt able to run the game?

If you say the gpu is enough what else would that be? Im assuming that he has the new ivy bridge intel i5, since he is running HD4000. Im running the 2nd gen i5 so is proc is faster than mine.

There really isnt much with parts, Proc, Mobo, Ram, HDD, GPU in his case the gpu is integrated into the mobo

Its not just a question of the parts per sey. Its to do with the quality of said parts. When you buy non specific laptops for example it comes with a 7200 rpm 1 TB hard drive as an example. But it doesnt say what the quality of said hard drive is. One 7200 rpm can be infinitely superior to another 7200 rpm drive.

The same can be said of all the components. Individually they may be fine, but how they mesh TOGETHER can be radicaly different from pc to pc.

Of course he may also be trojaned, viruses or have software performance issues on the laptop which also slow things down.

This is why gaming laptops exist. Some people get lucky when they buy a cheap laptop and their able to play most if not all games but if you buy a laptop desined for office and general applications, you cant be too upset when it wont run the latest games.
Reply Quote
Sounds like a number of things from faulty memory to under performing parts. It could also have to do with shared memory vs dedicated memory and how much space is left on your drive (and yes, a full and/or fragmented hard drive will make your computer run like crap). Could be driver issues, could be some form of a virus, could be MANY things.
Reply Quote
A quick look around for benchmarks shows that it should probably be running faster than that

Try TL2 :D
Reply Quote
I play D3 with a I7-2630QM HD3000, and it goes just fine, not perfect, but fine.
Reply Quote
HD 4000 can handle it on min graphics settings, there is something else amiss.
Reply Quote
A quick look around for benchmarks shows that it should probably be running faster than that

Try TL2 :D

TL2 works fine without any hiccups on high settings. Don't get it why it struggles so hard on D3.
Reply Quote

Its not just a question of the parts per sey. Its to do with the quality of said parts. When you buy non specific laptops for example it comes with a 7200 rpm 1 TB hard drive as an example. But it doesnt say what the quality of said hard drive is. One 7200 rpm can be infinitely superior to another 7200 rpm drive.

The same can be said of all the components. Individually they may be fine, but how they mesh TOGETHER can be radicaly different from pc to pc.

Of course he may also be trojaned, viruses or have software performance issues on the laptop which also slow things down.

This is why gaming laptops exist. Some people get lucky when they buy a cheap laptop and their able to play most if not all games but if you buy a laptop desined for office and general applications, you cant be too upset when it wont run the latest games.

Retract my statement I just checked my laptop and I have a radeon GPU with 1gb dedicated and 8gb RAM just for the laptop itself.

Yes agree with the HDD they're different cache for 7200rpm and some laptops still come with 5400rpm. But how much HDD can really affect this game anyways? Unless you were just using an example.

Agree even more with the virus. There could be something running in the background so OP it might not be a bad idea to do a full scan.

But I dont think hardware is the issue since all those are good parts but maybe the RAM is lacking at 4gb. With all the latest updates for windows just to run the OS ok-ish would need at least 2GB. The Proc itself should be more then powerful enough to run the integrated gpu.

Yes if the OP did buy this to play games knowing that this is a office, home use pc then he shouldnt complain.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Foxx

Just no.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Foxx

What the...
Reply Quote
i can play it on max settings with my intel hd 3000. seriously most people dont know **** about integrated graphics. everytime you ask them about it, theyll just tell you that all it can play is minecraft and get a gaming pc.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 03:56 PMPosted by Yoona
i can play it on max settings with my intel hd 3000. seriously most people dont know **** about integrated graphics. everytime you ask them about it, theyll just tell you that all it can play is minecraft and get a gaming pc.

Max settings? At 2 FPS?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]