Diablo® III

KEY drops should NOT

key drops should NOT be effected by monster level. people who CHOOSE to play at whatever level they choose, should NOT be rewarded or punished for their choice. give them each about a 10-20% chance of dropping, no matter the difficulty.

Also keys and organs should be TRADEABLE, let people have fun and play the game, and let the AH work as a gold sink, which is drastically needed.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with both points here.

There needs to be a benefit to farm these keys in the harder difficulties. Otherwise why would anyone farm them past ML 1?

And these items should be BoA as well as the Ring. It is the ONLY thing you HAVE to actually earn yourself. That is a good thing if you ask me.
Reply Quote
View profile
Give a key at MP 0.

Give a chance at more keys to higher MP, that way neither party feels ripped off.

Keep the pattern drop the way it is.

Make organ drops 50% below MP5, and 100% at 6 and above, with the exception of 10.

If you really want 10 to mean more, give it a chance to drop multiple organs.

What these changes would do, is give a reason to do this on MP10, without making it feel required.

We all know people will just be selling infernal portal openings to scam anyways.

I support this idea
Reply Quote
Give a key at MP 0.

Give a chance at more keys to higher MP, that way neither party feels ripped off.

Keep the pattern drop the way it is.

Make organ drops 50% below MP5, and 100% at 6 and above, with the exception of 10.

If you really want 10 to mean more, give it a chance to drop multiple organs.

What these changes would do, is give a reason to do this on MP10, without making it feel required.

We all know people will just be selling infernal portal openings to scam anyways.

I support this idea

Also they should remove the 5xNV requirement. A while ago they said "We dont want people to farm 5x NV killing a boss and then start a new game so we nerf the bounty on bosses".
But now they introduce 5x NV and keyholder runs. Somewhat contradictory.
Reply Quote
Lylirra - If you're still here this will be my last post on this topic.

Many of us have given great examples of what could be done to make it fair for all parties when it comes to this system, many of which I would whole heartily accept as solutions.

Please allow keys to drop for everyone at all difficulties, so we can farm them alone in our free time even if we are under geared. No one wants to farm the keymasters at their gear level to repeatedly get nothing, all the while doing the worst farming possible. Give different benefits to MP for keys, such as multiple keys, a keywarden spawning from another act, etc etc.

Please allow organs to be the difficult thing to acquire while still keeping it rational for those that cannot farm it super easily. Paying others in gold to kill the Ubers for you will be a common thing, I don't believe however that paying others to farm keys for you will.

Please react to this in kind and do not further hurt those that have been unlucky already, or play casually.
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. The majority of players can't do MPL 10. Every new system Blizzard adds to this game only benefits top geared players. Pretty bad business plan IMO.
I can barely do MPL 3 because I hate kiting monsters all day, that is probably the most boring part of this game.. If I wanted to kite mobs all day I would play a MMORPG.
So at MPL 3 keys have like a 5% drop rate i think it was.
that is 20 times less a chance then the high end gear to even get a key. To get an organ would take forever at MPL 3 which is stupid (again benefiting the high-end gear players over the rest)
Key should never drop depending on the MPL. (Keys in D2 don't have different drops rates in all the player x.)
I don't get what Blizzard is trying to do with this game, It gets more boring every patch because they cater to only the best geared players. (IMO).

Also, this MPL never even should have been brought into the game before the issues with drop quality has been addressed.. Don't tell me the MPL fixed it because it didn't. I still get ilvl 63 weapons with 200 dps, and never get any upgrades or anything to sell.

Bottom line is D3 is for people with large pockets and says f u to those who don't want to put money into a video game. (Bad business right there). I tried 1.05 and i really doubt i will return when it goes live because the issues that I feel needs to be a priority is being ignored while new systems are being added to further benefit the top players. I am so close to just giving up on this game and on this company because of the game.. Which is sad because Blizzard was my favorite gaming company.
Edited by Jables#1843 on 9/27/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with the OP. The majority of players can't do MPL 10. Every new system Blizzard adds to this game only benefits top geared players. Pretty bad business plan IMO.
I can barely do MPL 3 because I hate kiting monsters all day, that is probably the most boring part of this game.. If I wanted to kite mobs all day I would play a MMORPG.
So at MPL 3 keys have like a 5% drop rate i think it was.
that is 20 times less a chance then the high end gear to even get a key. To get an organ would take forever at MPL 3 which is stupid (again benefiting the high-end gear players over the rest)
Key should never drop depending on the MPL. (Keys in D2 don't have different drops rates in all the player x.)
I don't get what Blizzard is trying to do with this game, It gets more boring every patch because they cater to only the best geared players. (IMO).

Also, this MPL never even should have been brought into the game before the issues with drop quality has been addressed.. Don't tell me the MPL fixed it because it didn't. I still get ilvl 63 weapons with 200 dps, and never get any upgrades or anything to sell.

Bottom line is D3 is for people with large pockets and says f u to those who don't want to put money into a video game. (Bad business right there). I tried 1.05 and i really doubt i will return when it goes live because the issues that I feel needs to be a priority is being ignored while new systems are being added to further benefit the top players. I am so close to just giving up on this game and on this company because of the game.. Which is sad because Blizzard was my favorite gaming company.

well a little something of my opinion towards this new content :D

about the top players can feel that someone just want to further increase the distance and then the lesser geared get stuck under a rock.

my only interest is for the organ drop rate be 100 % regardless of MP's so at least you can know, that collected the keys will not result in completely and total failure an a waste of time.

the keys however i don't have a problem with

though the good geared that do MP10 would further the distance (if the drop rates around that keys and organs remains) because it is too random for lower MP, that problem of whether or not to just wait to later and the top geared only deserve 100 % is pathetic. Well for keys i don't mind, but for organs to not drop because you are lower geared is really a steop in the wrong direction and give a mindset towards the lower geared players, that wants to accend fast to MP10, because when at MP1 there is a 10 % chance for a key to drop, but also you need 3 of each key, but also remember to have a decent chance you would need 30 of each key, since the drop chance of organs is 10 % also.

there is the problem, that you need 10x times more keys(at MP1)than the top players and they uses their time on either further farming that ring or farm easier for better gear and getting richer
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/28/2012 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lets not talk about the drops for now. I think Blizz is really trying to get all of us to be top geared players by using the RMAH, thats why every new patch the game makes a 360 turn, thats the bottom line.
Edited by l0JQKA#1201 on 9/28/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 01:56 AMPosted by l0JQKA
Lets not talk about the drops for now. I think Blizz is really trying to get all of us to be top geared players by using the RMAH, thats why every new patch the game makes a 360 turn, thats the bottom line.

what about those that don't what to use RMAH :P

still i hope they do something with the organs (and something about perhaps the drops for übers dunno, but their need to be some guarantied reward for defeating the übers)
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/28/2012 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
what about those that don't what to use RMAH :Pstill i hope they do something with the organs (and something about perhaps the drops for übers dunno, but their need to be some guarantied reward for defeating the übers)

Then we just have to suffer w/ low gears or force to give up the game casue we cant beat the game no more and who wants to spend another couple hundread more hrs just try to catch up with the others. Under geared players can only pray and pray more hoping that Blizz will accept our ideas.
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 02:31 AMPosted by l0JQKA
what about those that don't what to use RMAH :Pstill i hope they do something with the organs (and something about perhaps the drops for übers dunno, but their need to be some guarantied reward for defeating the übers)

Then we just have to suffer w/ low gears or force to give up the game casue we cant beat the game no more and who wants to spend another couple hundread more hrs just try to catch up with the others. Under geared players can only pray and pray more hoping that Blizz will accept our ideas.

well not really saying the top geared should not get rewarded, but doing it this way is very frustrating for the lesser geared players and if that is their way of saying "MP10 is only useful for farming Hellfire rings", then i pity it, because that is not a fix to MP10 farming
Reply Quote

I support this idea

Also they should remove the 5xNV requirement. A while ago they said "We dont want people to farm 5x NV killing a boss and then start a new game so we nerf the bounty on bosses".
But now they introduce 5x NV and keyholder runs. Somewhat contradictory.

exactly, but then have you done any boss runs without 5 stack, they drop like half the items95% of the time.

Also dont think they are really listening, as always they know best, that is until next patch, lol.
Reply Quote
bringing it back up
Reply Quote
Give a key at MP 0.

You mean free uber ring for everyone? Go back to WOW please.
Reply Quote
I think its fine, if you can jsut deal with mp3, its still 30%, 30% is much...

You usually just farm 2-3 rings and sometimes if bored, dont see much problems in that.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
Did know ML affected this. Source?

Currently, both the keys and the demonic organ pieces (Vengeful Eye, Devil's Fang, and Writhing Spine) have higher chances to drop in higher MP levels, all the way up to 100% in MP10.

I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

09/25/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Horus
I killed the act 3 keywarden on MP 10 once and the key didn't drop. (didn't have any NV stack though)

You'll need five stacks of NV in order for the keys and the demonic organ pieces to drop.

We felt this was a reasonable requirement, otherwise players could simply farm the keys in a lower MP, then set their game to MP10 and farm bosses for guaranteed drops. With the five stack, players will at least need to be able to kill monsters in that MP level in order to benefit from the increased organ drop chance.

I am fine with the 5 stack of NV, there being a higher chance right up to GUARANTEED DROP at mp 10 I do not agree with. We are supposed to be able to play at whatever monster power we want with no punishment for not being in the top 10% of the player base. If it was set up in any way so that those with less power could get something easier than those with more there would be a massive uproar, even though that would only be levelling the playing field for all.
Reply Quote
key drops should NOT be effected by monster level. people who CHOOSE to play at whatever level they choose, should NOT be rewarded or punished for their choice. give them each about a 10-20% chance of dropping, no matter the difficulty.

Also keys and organs should be TRADEABLE, let people have fun and play the game, and let the AH work as a gold sink, which is drastically needed.

First, allowing all MP's to give the same drop chance would be a terrible idea. Hellfire ring is the best ring in game and SHOULD be hard to acquire. If you want a 10-20% chance to drop then do MP1 or MP2. Most of us believe each MP adds another 10% chance to drop making MP10 100%. The whole point of playing higher Monster Power level is for better "rewards". Removing the rewards would make MP completely pointless.

Second, Keys/organs should not be tradeable. We already have enough "Pay to Win" players with RMAH. Making the components for the best ring in the game account bound is perfectly acceptable for me since it will require time to get a good roll unless you are very lucky. As for gold sink, just sell spots in uber runs.
Edited by Bloodshot#1324 on 10/2/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Organs should have a 100% chance at a lower MP level than 10.

Keys should be random at all MP levels, with an increased chance per level, but still random at MP10.
Reply Quote
Why reward bad players with more incentive to influence a game that has been nerfed again and again and again just to meet their disability requirements?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]