Diablo® III

KEY drops should NOT

-The ring is account bound, why do better geared players care if those struggling at lower levels acquire one as well?

Because it kills the replayability of the game, and it kills a ring slot for everyone within the first week. How can people not see this as a bad idea?
Reply Quote

-The ring is account bound, why do better geared players care if those struggling at lower levels acquire one as well?

Because it kills the replayability of the game, and it kills a ring slot for everyone within the first week. How can people not see this as a bad idea?

your right, the fact it taking up a ring slot is a bad idea, this should be a charm, or whatever that TALISMAN idea was i heard somewhere.

However all those that think this ring is so uber godly, is NOT foreseeing just how many rolls it could take to even get a good one, and even then, how many will have to be destroyed because you already have better. If these take up a ring slot, and are NOT tradeable, THAT will destroy any replayability this will have, after a very short period of time.
Reply Quote
Ignore this comment :D i failed since i had same opinion as Donk, but did not read his last comments
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/27/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I"m going to disagree with the OP. I think keys dropping more often as a reward for high mp is a good thing. It seems perfectly reasonable to reward people who can handle a higher difficulty. Otherwise you make doing a higher MP completely pointless. Everybody should be able to get the ring and defeat ubers on any MP, but allowing a more efficient drop rate at a more inefficient level seems perfectly reasonable and allows people to have a decision on what the most overall efficient way to farm the rings is. If the game is really about efficiency as Blizzard has said in the past, then there should be choices to be made about what the most efficient way to do things is. If you get rid of any differentiation of MP levels then it just mandates that you stick to a difficulty where you can just insta-kill everything.

As for the 5 stacks of NV requirement, I like it. However, Blizzard really should say when something requires 5 stacks, as I was unsure and had no real information to decide whether farming them with 5 stacks or no stacks was a better idea, and since I was on a low MP level I couldn't really tell if the ring just wouldn't drop without stacks or I was just getting unlucky. Frankly I would love for them to release the drop rates of the key on each MP level so people can accurately decide what the best way to farm is (similar to how they released drop rates for the different inferno acts), but I'm OK if they don't like releasing detailed numbers for everything. The 5 stack requirement however should definitely be included in patch notes so everybody is aware of the fact and don't waste a ton of time farming without stacks.
Reply Quote

I could say the same about you "idea of replayability"

Imagine a MP3 player collecting keys for übers and has done them 1 time, but ends up with no organs as an example, this will hurt that players rewards for actually doing something, that it ends up wasted and could hurt the player and the game more.

It end up over time with some being frustrated over not getting "lucky" because they aren't playing MP10 and if they now end up "very unlucky" that would perhaps demoralize them to perhaps stop playing

A good suggestion would be to actually change the organs to drop no matter what difficulty of MP.

Then jump back a page and see my last post.
Reply Quote

I could say the same about you "idea of replayability"

Imagine a MP3 player collecting keys for übers and has done them 1 time, but ends up with no organs as an example, this will hurt that players rewards for actually doing something, that it ends up wasted and could hurt the player and the game more.

It end up over time with some being frustrated over not getting "lucky" because they aren't playing MP10 and if they now end up "very unlucky" that would perhaps demoralize them to perhaps stop playing

A good suggestion would be to actually change the organs to drop no matter what difficulty of MP.

Then jump back a page and see my last post.

Oh sorry :D oh well just gonna edit it a little :P, but sorry
Reply Quote

your right, the fact it taking up a ring slot is a bad idea, this should be a charm, or whatever that TALISMAN idea was i heard somewhere.

However all those that think this ring is so uber godly, is NOT foreseeing just how many rolls it could take to even get a good one, and even then, how many will have to be destroyed because you already have better. If these take up a ring slot, and are NOT tradeable, THAT will destroy any replayability this will have, after a very short period of time.

I agree it shouldn't be a ring. And I agree BoA will kill a lot of replayability. The ring is godly because it grants 3x% experience, 170+ to main stat and then four chances of getting even better. Even the worst roll would be used (until player gets a better roll).
Reply Quote
The problem is most people that will be playing on ML2 or ML3 are doing so because they don't have a choice. If they get unlucky and take a long time getting keys just to end up with zero organ pieces that will be extremely discouraging, and make more than likely give up at trying to get the organs for a ring.
Reply Quote
Note - if required to avoid missue of the keys at higher MP when you got em at lower MP or vice versa.

- make keys that drop in MP1 only work on MP1 for portal making
- make organs a guarantied drop
- would avoid people jumping from different MP's
- would rewards the higher players and making sure no one just take the easy way
- perhaps do something about drop rates for the übers
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/27/2012 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 09:45 AMPosted by xRibs
The problem is most people that will be playing on ML2 or ML3 are doing so because they don't have a choice. If they get unlucky and take a long time getting keys just to end up with zero organ pieces that will be extremely discouraging, and make more than likely give up at trying to get the organs for a ring.

If they are playing that much in MP2 and MP3 there's a good chance they'll be able to gear up faster than current rates and move into a higher MP therefore getting a bigger chance at the ring.

You want higher levels of difficulty to have higher rewards or else you end up with a system like today where people are getting more and more geared with the window of getting upgrades outside of the AH closing. Increasing rewards keeps that window open which is a good thing.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Lylirra
Did know ML affected this. Source?

Currently, both the keys and the demonic organ pieces (Vengeful Eye, Devil's Fang, and Writhing Spine) have higher chances to drop in higher MP levels, all the way up to 100% in MP10.

I don't want to weigh in on the current argument of whether or not drop chances should be affected by Monster Power level just yet. Obviously, we think it's a good idea and worth trying out, but if you feel differently, then I'd definitely like for you to continue discussing your thoughts on that topic. If you don't like it, tell us why. (Or, if you DO like it, be sure to weigh in too.)

I think it makes the rich, richer and the poor, poorer... it's a hard concept to solve and maybe it doesn't need to be but how do you reward people who really need a reward. It's making a bigger bridge to cross for the casual player.

You need to have a big incentive to turn the monster power up or it becomes a failed system but you also need to reward the casual player who can't.

Right now the drop rates are horrible for everyone.
Reply Quote
Imo just a few sugestions.

-The system around the keys drops and the mp mechanics are fine , maybe make it so u can trade keys with peoples. Having to get 5nv for the keys to drop is fine too , otherwise its gonna be too easy to farm. By being able to trade keys , you can open up a whole new economy and maybe new possibilities in a near futur.

-Organs should definetely be a 100% drop imo. But they should remain impossible to trade for the feeling of self achievement and making you work for it (killing ubers). Nobody want to spend 1 week farming for a keyset then doing a uber just to see its not gonna drop. On top of that lets say i have 2 organs already and im missing the last one.. for exemple : a whole 1 month of farming 1-2 keyset per weeks and im having the horrible luck of stumbling opening the portal i need for my last organ.. when i finally get it ... then i know my chances of getting it are not even 100%, its gonna be a frustration i think. The randomness of the portal is already enough imo.

- If the above situation is a problem , it can be fixed by enabling players to open all 3 differents portals in the same game (assuming they have 3 complete keysets)But imo i dont like this situation because as i stated previously i think the randomness of the portal is enough to make the journey to getting the legendary ring long and reasonable. But without the 100% drop its just absurd.

Sorry for the grammar hope its still possible to read.
Edited by Apocalypse#1616 on 9/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

-The system around the keys drops and the mp mechanics are fine , maybe make it so u can trade keys with peoples. Having to get 5nv for the keys to drop is fine too , otherwise its gonna be too easy to farm. By being able to trade keys , you can open up a whole new economy and maybe new possibilities in a near futur.

-Organs should definetely be a 100% drop imo. But they should remain impossible to trade for the feeling of self achievement and making you work for it (killing ubers). Nobody want to spend 1 week farming for a keyset then doing a uber just to see its not gonna drop. On top of that lets say i have 2 organs already and im missing the last one.. for exemple : a whole 1 month of farming 1-2 keyset per weeks and im having the horrible luck of stumbling opening the portal i need for my last organ.. when i finally get it ... then i know my chances of getting it are not even 100%, its gonna be a frustration i think. The randomness of the portal is already enough imo.

The trick is to save up 3 keysets and do all the ubers in one game. And you're right organ drops should be 100%. BUT the ubers need to be harder. If you have 100% organ drops they shouldn't be doable in mp 5 or w/e.
Reply Quote
If im not wrong at the moment you are limited to opening 1 portal per game ? someone can confirm this ?
Reply Quote

The trick is to save up 3 keysets and do all the ubers in one game. And you're right organ drops should be 100%. BUT the ubers need to be harder. If you have 100% organ drops they shouldn't be doable in mp 5 or w/e.

then what is the point? should all not have access to this ring? by making the bosses harder you actually could just say instead keep the current system, since that would be better for the lesser geared players.

I would certainly test myself at higher MP when i can, but i should't feel Forced to do it, because of some new content. (there is no achievements, so no reason to hurt those who aren't gear up for MP4 etc, but do something general about rewards for doign MP10 in other aspects, that this new content, because it would piss players off)
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/27/2012 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

then what is the point? should all not have access to this ring? by making the bosses harder you actually could just say instead keep the current system, since that would be better for the lesser geared players.

I would certainly test myself at higher MP when i can, but i should't feel Forced to do it, because of some new content

Because not everyone should be able to get it lol. Once more: what's the point of endgame if it lasts a week?
Reply Quote

I would certainly test myself at higher MP when i can, but i should't feel Forced to do it, because of some new content

Because not everyone should be able to get it lol. Once more: what's the point of endgame if it lasts a week?

you could just stop after normal? endgame: you decide when you have reached you endgame and where you want to farm not when blizzard tell you to and I was playing with my Hammerdin and smiter in Diablo 2... for years after i reached my end game and had no problem with continuing playing.

Okay i will say it as i said before... They nerfed inferno to make it more easier for the masses, but now add something and make it the most rewarding for the elites?

I only suggest organs to drop 100 % not keys (keep that as it is)

not making everyone get it... hmmm why add the chances in lower MP then? just to annoy those who can't play at MP10 and get 100 % chance at the drops? and i kept playing after there was no other End Game that the items.... Items is the End Game and that Ring is only a little part of an End Game
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/27/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay i will say it as i said before... They nerfed inferno to make it more easier for the masses, but now add something and make it the most rewarding for the elites?

are you saying that's a bad thing? What's the point of striving for better gear if you don't need better gear?

This thread is giving me a headache.
Reply Quote
It`s BAD. WW barbs will fill the forums with "selling infernal machine MP10 run" . Not exactly what you wanted Jay ? Well, NERFING ALL OTHER CLASSES WHILE KEEPING WW VIABLE leads us here.No other class will be able to farm/play that thing. And now you nerf Trail of cinders :)))) Like you didnt nerfed DH in EVERY PATCH .
Quick look in the future :

selling infernal machine MP10 run
Reply Quote

are you saying that's a bad thing? What's the point of striving for better gear if you don't need better gear?

This thread is giving me a headache.

look D2? look 1.0.4 D3? there was nothing i would rather want than make it more appealing once you reach the end MP (by doing something with general drop chances), but this drop chance is lame random - random - random affixes for getting a ring

but if you can't see the problem with unrewarding for the lower MP .... when you collect the keys and the defeats all the übers but get no organ...
Edited by HURRICANE#2539 on 9/27/2012 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]