Diablo® III

Why is Maghda the reason Cain dies ?

Doesn't he deserve better than to get killed by that !@#$ty butterfly ? He survived Tristram twice...
Reply Quote
Have you ever watched Final Destination?

/thread

gg Death
Edited by NgArclite#1673 on 10/1/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well the d3 design team did some crack one night and thus cain was killed by a giant butterfly woman.
Don't do drugs kids.
Reply Quote
Death happens when something kills you. That 'something' doesn't have to be something epic and glorious. People die from all sorts of causes all the time. I forgot his name, but there was a World War II veteran that was a considered to be a hero. He survived many dangerous battles, accomplished all sorts of great things, and was practically a living legend in the US military. When he came home, he was walking through the front yard towards his house, where his family eagerly awaited his return from the war. As he walked through the yard, he stepped on a yard tool (a shovel, I think), and the wooden pole flew upward and hit him in the head. It killed him. Did he get the "epic, glorious death" that he "deserved"?
Reply Quote
I have a feeling that we'll see more of Cain. Kind of along the lines of that Metzen comment in the collector's dvd.
Reply Quote
Because cain has always been in the first and second game, I never expected him to die the way he did, or even die at all. @.@

But he did; so I moved on.

The game's theme, as it has always been, for me, is: "The road to hell is paved by good intentions."

If you played D1 - you will see your hero turn into diablo.
Reply Quote
On one hand, it does seem a little off that Cain more or less dies between being tortured by Maghda and using what remains of himself to fix Tyrion's sword, but probably only because Maghda is a pretty weak boss fight. If she were something much more impressive in that battle, then the sentiment of 'weak death' wouldn't occur.

On the other hand, it is really old, spent like 6 days constantly running and surviving inside the cathedral at his age, and he probably didn't really recover from that, let alone magical torture at his age.
Reply Quote
Cain shouldn't have been in D3 in the first place. it was 20 years after D2 right? cmon, he should have been dead.
Reply Quote
Meeh... They should have just put him in coma instead and make Leah kill him by gutting him open after Diablo took control.

Somewhat like a sacrifice to open a portal to either Heaven or Hell.
Reply Quote
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4940437723#14
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 06:53 PMPosted by BipolarFly
I have a feeling that we'll see more of Cain. Kind of along the lines of that Metzen comment in the collector's dvd.

I agree....all this talk about the Necro making a comeback too....they do specialize in raising the dead, don't they?
Reply Quote
If You stumbled upon it, then there's actually an event in the second act where You meet a member of the Necromancer class and help Him defeat a few waves of ghosts i think. Also- i don't mind Him dying but i hope there is a chance of them replacing the in-game cutscene with a proper send-off (and i don't care if He's going to be resurrected or whatnot- that in-game scene is weak as f.ck)
Reply Quote
View profile
I have a feeling were going to see Cain again.
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Jee
Doesn't he deserve better than to get killed by that !@#$ty butterfly ? He survived Tristram twice...

Cains like a hundred, the butterflys gave him a heart attack. Cain has never been some epic heroic, it's only fitting they send him off in the way he's lived, in an incredibly mundane way. I want to know why Magda can't suddenly figure out how to put a sword in the right order. Seemed pretty easy to me, it's not like putting a head, a heart, and an eye into a box to make a magic flail.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
They killed him so we couldn't use his secret weapon. "Identify All"
Reply Quote
10/28/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Sevris
They killed him so we couldn't use his secret weapon. "Identify All"

I lol'ed
Reply Quote
I know. i would have rather seen Cain die of a stroke or something, but a giant butterfly, really??
Reply Quote
I wasn't even aware that Cain was in danger of dying until Leah said "You can't die..." That was how weak the entire cutscene was.

While he was tortured, he was on his knees in pain. After he was hit by butterflies, he was still on his knees in pain. Alive Cain and near-death Cain had the same posture. How was I suppose to know death was imminent when the death blow looked and had the affect of a generic torturing move...
Edited by Donbot#1843 on 11/13/2012 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Haven't you guys heard of the Butterfly Effect? Where the beating of a butterfly's wings can cause a storm elsewhere and elsewhen?

I think you underestimate Maghda.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]