Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

Posted by Lylirra
It was actually a bug fix

blizz invented new synonyms for nerf...

buff = bug = nerf
Reply Quote
the reason this game sucks is all the whiners that need to be THIS OP to be happy.
NO ONE should do 2m, ever, even if it only procced once in a blue moon.

The ring is still good, and great ones will be incredible...get over the fact that it doesn't add a broken effect anymore.

Thanks Blizzard for nerfing things that actually deserve with 1.05

~A former WW barb, happy to see the OP build go away
Reply Quote
the reason this game sucks is all the whiners that need to be THIS OP to be happy.

The ring is still good, and great ones will be incredible...get over the fact that it doesn't add a broken effect anymore.

I crit for 2.3m all the time will wall of zombies - pile on. With the ring i was doing around 4-5m, every ten seconds or so.

For ppl like me, that ring didnt add insane dmg farming mp 10. It helped farm only marginally faster. !@#$ has 30m hp dude what is wrong with you? You have no reason to hate a change that doesnt affect you, you cant farm mp10 anyways.

Obviously you would know nothing about ring, farming it or otherwise, except from what you saw for youtube videos, right? Guess i cant be too hard on yeh....

You do realize the question isnt about whether its OP or completely worthless, right? Its that blizzard cant find middle ground, and just implement super nerfs at the beck and call of morons like yourself.

Well done.

Let me know in a couple months when you can farm mp10 if it worth farming that crap ring.

Ps- you're a barb with under 30k hp. Seriously. Your opinion is LESS than worthless and you have no perspective to have an opinion on the matter at all.

You would last less than 5 minutes in mp10. And yet you speak as if you had the ring and were farming there.

Gtfo.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 10/6/2012 11:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They nerfed a ring that most players barely even wanted to farm in the first place... so just wait for the expansion pack like most of us.

Without a skill tree you can't re-roll classes so there isn't much to do, just wait for PvP and/or the expansion. After the hellfire ring nerf the drive to farm for the ring is almost 0% for casual players. It was obviously nerfed because it would have messed up PvP. The expansion will be out within the next year or so.
Reply Quote
monster power seems to do more and more dmg goin higher lvls. thought it was about hp only ...
and about ring - ofc do it weak nerf it, anyway its worthless lookin for 1 ring from 100s of ring done on mp10 omg
Reply Quote
he reason this game sucks is all the whiners that need to be THIS OP to be happy.

you do realise the chances for it to roll good are equal to rares rolling good right? Now tell me how many rare rings you have found that where at least good.

170-200 core stats guaranteed is nice and so is the 35% exp bonus. But it only gets 4 random affixes that have the same quality as random affixes on rares. If they would cut it down to 3random affixes and 6crit chance guaranteed it would already be a lot better. But grinding random keys/ring materials just makes it a worthless time investment. (MP10 is very difficult to farm effectivly)
Edited by Nanaki#1926 on 10/7/2012 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Obviously someone who never tried ptr. And has no idea what he's talking about.. WWbarb going away? Delusional. Hellfire ring incredible? Troll. Try getting one in ptr first. Will probably take you more than 2 weeks since you wont survive anything past MP5 WWbuild or not.
Reply Quote
Take the fireball prop off of it, and replace it with another random prop. Far more useful.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Rezerection
I am sorry but anyone who thinks that ring was fine before the fix is a moron. to many gamers now adays feel they should have some godly item that should enable them to one shot anything. good job blizzard for fixing the damn ring and screw the whiners.

I would like to push this line bit more... <G>

With this good job of blizzard, they made another bunch of players to leave this game. They Blizz team always include so called BUGs (over powered something) in every patch (or in PTR this time) and they nerf them again and again. Many players already got tired of these cycle.

I just want to know when will they finish actual beta stage, or alpha ? Is PTR beta or what ?
Reply Quote
Yes, Blizzards, i can't understand why would this ring ever need this useless prop. 20k damage on Inferno, seriously? It's nothing. It's as if this ring has no affix at all, just more chance to spook goblin by random.
Please reconsider this prop. Either remove it at all or replace it with something like another random affix but NOT prop with 20k damage. This is nothing, not even a bonus to damage. That's why everybody here who knows about farming of this ingredients so frustrated with this. You got alot more chance to roll nice rare ring rather then wasting time trying to get this "end-game legendary".
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Sevon
While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

Yes...and no other legendary requires you to do some ridiculously long and tedious process to get one. In fact, on the way during this mystical quest of uber killing fun, you're likely to actually get 3-4 of these legendaries. See the balance issue here? The effort should mirror the reward. OK, we'll give you the proc's on legendaries suck horribly for the most part, that's fine...we get them by clicking begin quest and killing a single group of trash mobs. So now we have this quest which will take weeks to get a decent roll on a ring with 4 rolls.

The end result?

Nobody knows the answer to that, because chances are most definitely that you will find a better ring during the weeks of constant farming to get a good roll on a hellfire ring...

Scale the damage up, make it worth the time it takes to get a decent one...or for most people...get one at all

If you don't like it, don't get it.

Truthfully, though, this ring is fantastic. In fact, it's _still_ way better than just about every ring in the game. It's better than every other legendary ring, and better than most yellows. The only thing better is a one in one trillion rolled yellow ring. The same is true of every other slot, though--why aren't more people using 1400 DPS 1Her's with 100% Crit Damage/900 Life On Hit/Open Socket instead of legendaries? Because there's one (if that) instance of that yellow in the game worldwide, and thousands upon thousands of slightly-less-good legendaries on the market.

Guaranteed good rolls are a big deal, and this ring would already be too good if it was just 170 main stat + XP bonus, at that AND an extra proc, it's flat-out insane. Also, the old proc was just bad for anyone who took the game seriously insofar as it devalued all other item slots (who cares about your 1M personal dps when the ring is doing 3-5M?) and made reflect damage one-shot you.

This change is nothing but good.
Reply Quote
within a day of PTR wipe, people have a new Hellfire ring again. And that is supposed to be a GAUR BiS ring?? pshhhhThey nerfed just like it should have been. Way to OP and easy to get. Hell, the whimsy staff took more time. The Hellfire Ring can still be BiS, now you just need to rolls to do so. You already have High main stat....you just need the 4 randoms to roll trifecta. It will now take a LOT of farming to get BIS hellfire ring. Good job blizz, this change was well needed.

You should be the OP not whiners crying about bugs on test realm. PTR means public test realm.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't it be better if they just increased a good-roll chance depending on the MP level you do the bosses? The harder it is for you the better reward you get. Then the whole infernal machine would be a much better of an investment...

I also agree, that the previous version of the ring was just plain stupid (once you get it all your other items seem like garbage).
Edited by Atrax#1940 on 10/7/2012 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Zeriel
Guaranteed good rolls are a big deal, and this ring would already be too good if it was just 170 main stat + XP bonus, at that AND an extra proc, it's flat-out insane.

Either you are gluton for punishment or just insane in the membrane. You say a ring that requires a lot of effort to get together and only having a guaranteed primary stat roll, a bonus that diminishes itself and an useless proc is super? Without the other proper affixes the primary stat is useless and the chance to get those are not bigger than with regular rares so what is *THAT* insane about this ring?

Every ring has the potential to be better, due to the affix roll change, than this one AND they can be found a lot more easier.
Reply Quote
Guaranteed good rolls are a big deal, and this ring would already be too good if it was just 170 main stat + XP bonus, at that AND an extra proc, it's flat-out insane.

Either you are gluton for punishment or just insane in the membrane. You say a ring that requires a lot of effort to get together and only having a guaranteed primary stat roll, a bonus that diminishes itself and an useless proc is super? Without the other proper affixes the primary stat is useless and the chance to get those are not bigger than with regular rares so what is *THAT* insane about this ring?

Every ring has the potential to be better, due to the affix roll change, than this one AND they can be found a lot more easier.

Assuming you get a drop from each boss, the time-to-make isn't very high at all. And if you don't like the RNG, you can always up the MP (you know, that endgame thing we've all been complaining about there not being any).

Now let's look at the quality of the ring. Sure, it can roll total trash, but that's Diablo 3 for you. As someone who sees hundreds of rings a day, I can tell you straight-up that I can go days without seeing one that is as good as the base stats of the Hellfire Ring, let alone them + the random properties.

Your real complaint seems to be with the nature of the game itself--it sounds like you want a loot system like World of Warcraft, where you put in X amount of hardcore effort on some quest-chain to get an instant BiS item. Well, this isn't that type of game. Welcome to RNGville, population everyone-who-likes-action-RPGs.

(Feel free to chime back with "No way, I hate World of Warcraft!", but it doesn't change the nature of the loot system that Diablo 1 & 2 established.)

Side-note: I feel like a lot of people are approaching this ring expecting it to be an endgame activity that is better than "ordinary farming". I don't think Blizzard wanted to go that route, and you can see this in the fact that the uber runs necessitate running normal acts to get mats. Hellfire Ring farming isn't supposed to be a completely different line of endgame farming--it's meant to supplement normal runs, or coax you into turning an Ubers Key Warden run into a half-of-Act-X-run.
Edited by Zeriel#1544 on 10/7/2012 7:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

maybe not, but nerfing it to 25k is mind blowing

EDIT: might as well take all the damage away and just leave the graphics of the proc for the kicks
Edited by Grimraven#1853 on 10/7/2012 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they are going to make the proc provide insignificant damage, they might as well remove it and replace it with a unique bonus that is useful. How about making shrines last 4 minutes instead of 2 minutes. That would be a very useful bonus without being overpowered.
Reply Quote
When Blizzard balances things this way, the only thing that comes to my mind is that they have no clue about this game.
While I know it's not the case, what else am I supposed to think?
25k dps from the proc?

Come on.
It is so insignificant, might as well just remove it and be done with it.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Zeriel
I don't think Blizzard wanted to go that route

Well, maybe they should listen to what players like, because players are the ones playing the game not Blizzard.
Reply Quote
As of my reply here, only 178 people in the WORLD are paragon 100 according to diablo progress. Bonus exp is a big deal because guess what? paragon 100 means you get 300+ to your main stat and 200+ vitality, those are huge boosts. Paragon level is a big deal, people are like "this is stupid for paragon 100", yes it is but so few people have hit 100 so that is an irrelevant argument entirely.

Of course this was a bug and not a nerf and people are butthurt, 2 million damage really? No item in the game works like that, sever has a large hit but that is intended and is useful for those with life steal and build around that proc (its a cool mechanic, not a face melting hit). Endgame is when you are paragon 100 and have those insanely boosted stats with the 300% MF and GF to complement it. This ring helps you get there.

Did you all seriously think this would happen, every pvp game would be "who can get hellfire to proc more" and one shot everything.

Give blizzard some credit for adding an entirely new quest for a legendary ring (farming mats for an item, its like in wow when you had to farm reagents for really good items, I love it), new monster power so people can flex their epeen and say "I killed boss X on MP10", and the nerf to defensive abilities (I for one am really fired up to try some new builds!). They are making a lot of changes to the game, you whiners are not the majority and the majority are playing the game and not on forums complaining. Any game that I can say I have over 200 hours played is a success in my book without a subscription.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]