Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

2 Tauren Hunter
While I agree that this ring got nerfed a bit too much, this topic really drives home why the state of everything D3 is so terrible.

This community is not a Diablo community. You do not act like Diablo players.

You're all complaining that there will be lots of crap rings for every good one and it will take a long time to farm? Yeah, that's what Diablo is.

You all act like a bunch of WoW players who want instant gratification, 3 hours of farming giving you top end gear.

I'd really like to see how some of you would fair in earlier D2 now, when you farm Ubers for a year and never see a perfect charm.
Reply Quote
This is a sweet looking build. You could also max out the other crowd control stats http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/#chance-on-hit and lock things down even more (if you are having problems keeping things stun locked).

Also I might think IAS would help this build way more than HP and Resists. The idea being you get to the point where you could stun lock everything with Crippling Wave for the extra damage debuff. I really like where you are going with this though. Very group dependent, but still amazing.
Reply Quote
I have never read so many people whining about something in the game. Everyone wants this ring to do millions of damage so they can nearly 1 shot everything and make the game as easy as D2 became.

I'm glad they nerfed the ring, it is still a GOOD ring, but just doesn't make one instantly elite for getting one. Too many people want to have crap gear and 1 good item to carry them to an elite status. If the ring would have stayed as is, everyone would have eventually been running around with it on doing a million plus damage and the game would have been completely pointless. The entire idea of the Diablo games is to slowly grind your way to the best items and gear, not get carried by friends in 1 run and be considered an elite end player.
Reply Quote
This is just sad. It looks like there was a fun part of the game I could do after I beat the game and now they've made it almost pointless to do (more than once, the first go should still be fun right?) because chances are the reward to effort ratio will yet again be unfairly low.
Reply Quote
test
Reply Quote
View profile
This is a sweet looking build. You could also max out the other crowd control stats http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/#chance-on-hit and lock things down even more (if you are having problems keeping things stun locked).

Also I might think IAS would help this build way more than HP and Resists. The idea being you get to the point where you could stun lock everything with Crippling Wave for the extra damage debuff. I really like where you are going with this though. Very group dependent, but still amazing.

Dude, check my profile. Pretty sure I'm the #1 crowd control Monk on the planet. I'm the #1 attack-speed Monk on planet.

You don't need Crippling Wave. I can stun-lock elites in MP10 with my current gears but need to upgrade DPS. But with ~4.0 attack speed, mantra spam is always up ;).

YES, I'm looking forward to playing with the ring!
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 10/8/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i just got my hellfire ring and let me say that it is !@#$in %^- it is not worh the time. i agree with other posts it should deal 300k - 500k to actually be worth time to get.
Reply Quote
I agree. Everytime they say "BUG" i think "We put some code together but were too lazy to test it, so lets just release it and see what happens". This would have been an easy test, along with many others... and they say it was a "BUG" ya right BLizzard. TEST IT BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT, LIKE YOUR SUPPOSE TO.
Reply Quote
hmm k
Reply Quote
While I agree that this ring got nerfed a bit too much, this topic really drives home why the state of everything D3 is so terrible.

This community is not a Diablo community. You do not act like Diablo players.

You're all complaining that there will be lots of crap rings for every good one and it will take a long time to farm? Yeah, that's what Diablo is.

You all act like a bunch of WoW players who want instant gratification, 3 hours of farming giving you top end gear.

I'd really like to see how some of you would fair in earlier D2 now, when you farm Ubers for a year and never see a perfect charm.

No buddy unfortunately wrong ... .

Let me tell you the following. I play this game since its start with my wiz as main. The new dev team around Jay Wilson said that they want to get away from the boss farms which were predominantly out there in D2 and that you should actually farm the champs for best items. Dont know why they think its fun but its this way, whether we like it or not ... . Basically they said that you should farm the entire act you like from start to end with all quests (as it takes the most time and keeps you at their game ;) ).

Well i can tell you that i to today do it right this way and well i also play mostly selffound as i dont want nor have the amount of gold (though i have the money but i WILL NEVER pay for a game money after its initial bought whatsoever and thats why i dont play WoW buddy so i am not in your category buddy ;) ) i would need for some upgrades that would cost in the AH 100s of millions for me to upgrade just ONE of 13 slots i have to upgrade to get my wizard where i want him to be ... . I have played with my wiz over +600 hours (from which 90% is being played solo while the rest was with friends together in a party of 2 - 3) and please have a look at my gear ... its nowhere near decent even and i am not !@#$ting you ;). Like i said i play like Blizzard said it to be played but just that i try to minimize using the AH nowadays because for upgrades i would pay way too much and i dont flip the ah or have EVER exploited in this game to have ever so much money in first place to buy me things so selffound is all i can do and most of my friends already went away or simply cant play on because of work and are tired of blizzards policy in changing everything everytime ... . To be honest i cant blame them but thats a completely another can of foul worms ... .

Now guess what what people do ... yes they listen to Blizzard by farming the champs just with the small variation that they just teleport around in act iii from rakkis to keeps to stonefront etc. at which points they search for the champs instead of playing the entire act from start to end like Blizzard intended it to be (the most efficient way?! I dont know ... ). Ahh yes my profile is in the EU just for you to know ;).

If this does not reek of a major problem that you can play a class to a point (which is not even decent yet alone high level -> partly decked out in legendaries/sets or top end -> nearly fully decked out ) to which any further upgrade will take 100s if not 1000s of hours to get with the right stats without gimping yourself somewhere in the stats then i dont know what the problem is buddy!

I dont even want to tell you how unrewarding this game can already be but this nerf to the ring makes it even more unrewarding to even grind for a ring that is practically useless in higher mp levels and just takes up a ring slot ;). No one wants in 3 hours instant gratification but if you play way over 50 hours alone you should be DECENT and be guaranteed to get a decent item like this endgame item because other games of this genre let you be this or get those items ... so is Diablo now a speciality there ... no sorry that i have to take away this rainbow glasses you may look through if you see Diablo but it certainly isnt ... its an Action-RPG like many others as well out there and it should allow you to get at a somewhat feasible time to pwn everything as simple as that but oh well ... .

Buddy to ever get in a decent timeframe good in this game which does not mean understanding the games mechanics thoroughly and developing tactics against certain elites while learning to use the environment (unpassable areas are useful against vortex for example ;) ) but rather simply having a BIG number in your DPS display which does in no way correspond with the above knowledge and experience (as you can simply buy this big number via the RMAH with your big wallat ;) ) you just need to either exploit, play the auctions house or use some other forms of hacks like a bot etc. asf. ... . This is something that is not only active in Blizzard games but others as well just with the difference that it litterally is predominant in Blizzard games means it IS guaranteed to get that way good by using those foul methods of progressing instead of playing the game (the way it is meant to be played at least from blizzard) but even if you play the game you see in my profile that even after +600 hours you still suck thanks to the cool rewards you get in here and then you tell the people that Diablo 3 is Diablo pretty much like RNG is RNG right?

Well even this statement has its limits if people try to avoid selling all their money for ONE upgrade to farm another 100 hours to get at least a small fraction of the money back due to the farm just to notice ... oh the next item on my list is already sold thanks to the 5 billion dude on the other end that used foul methods described above and now can litterally always upgrade his chars at will while i as the honest and Blizzard faithful player am %^-*ed pretty much by this allmighty RNG is RNG statement ;) ... .

Dont get me wrong i know why they developed the system the way it is (millions of players playing but whether it still is so we will never know ;) and furthermore when everyone would find everything legally at a decent rate then the AHs and MAIN income of Blizzard would crumble which is another reason the system is the way it is ;) ) but it lets you sometimes think about how long you still would need to play to ever see a witching hour drop (witch i still to this date did not have let alone a tal rashas relentless pursuit with all resistance at 50 or above etc. asf.) with at least ONE decent roll like all resistance at at least +50 to not being gimped to much like the lost vit etc. ;).

Finally just let me tell you this game has enough randomness in it that you could play it for an eternity which i really mean so and still being able to upgrade certain parts because its simply all math and number crunching cause as soon as i find this legendary X which has top stats i want it to have as next drop EVEN HIGHER top stats like instead of 50 all resistance it could be +51 up to 80 all resistance and this is JUST one stat ... in other words you play the min - max game ;) ... this is something everyone can do and for which a fast-paced action-RPG should encourage you to do so but here instead you get it always guaranteed harder with every new patch version while you are gimped one way or another through class nerfs for example just so that the money can roll you know (instead of the fun == drops/items for us players which Blizzard should actually focus on ;) ).

But i know that those posts are useless, as i have learned this a LONG time ago when i still was young :P ;) ... .

just my 4 cents for today.

tl;dr: This game is far from being rewarding when you play it the Blizzard way that they propose so get used to changes and especially to Blizzards way of ongoing development in their "theme park games". This hellfire ring is the best example to this.
Edited by Merlin#1937 on 10/8/2012 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got an idea.

We do like the huge proc effect damage prior patch.
But I do agree that a 1h farming get you such ring is not reasonable.

So just make the proc a stat which is decided randomly when crafting the ring.
Maybe the proc effect damge can range from 10k dmg to several million dmg on crit.
Just make that the ultmate high proc dmg to be extremely difficulty to roll(maybe like 1/1000 chance), but anyone that do like 10 runs could get a ring with decent proc damage ( like 500k on crit).

That way, people will get the incentive to do the Uber run over and over to get at the same time high proc effect damage and good stats rolls. And the ring would not be very OP.

This is my 2 cents.
Edited by Gabrielcai#1868 on 10/8/2012 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what did it do?
Reply Quote
You know what bugs me the most? Blizzard's definition of a bug. It seems like we can't agree on anything these days.
Reply Quote
The funny thing is, to code something to scale with players dps would be considerably more difficult to code than a fixed number, and would almost necessarily have to be done intentionally. I don't see any plausible way one could "accidentally" go from a fixed damage proc to a scaling one....
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Lylirra
As for players who are leveling Paragon

=as for players who are playing on the tiny-mini maps we took 10 years to develop-
Reply Quote
Man i hope they dont nerf the drops that there are in the PTR...i know they will do because i finally got 2 set itens...ver unrewarding game

Te esiest way to progress is buying and selling at the RMAH....playing?8 hours for get one level than what?drops are still crap
Reply Quote
Guess what you jack !@#, list ONE ring that can do 25k damage a proc WITH anywhere NEAR the frequency of the hell fire ring... Oh wait THERE IS NONE.

Find that hell fire with a well/perfectly rolled trifecta will be a PAIN in the $%^ but guess what when you do, you have one of the BEST rings in the damned game, it will be painfull it will be tedious, but what ISN'T in this game and you know what, once you have the best rolled HF ring in the game then you can drop your ball sack on the table and say "Look at deez nuts."

Nothings changed, its not just blatantly BREAKING the system any more unlike CM wizards and WW barbs, even with their nerfs STILL ARE.

Oh and by the way this wasn't even close to being the "End game" we keep hearing about, this was the patch the separated the pansy from the elitist pig.

PvP won't be the end game either, No ones heard hide nor hair about WTF they are planning on that one, get those suggestion threads started as it very well may be taken into account. Use those brain cells if you guys have any left and be creative.
Reply Quote
I'm not going to lie, I was quite excited about 1.0.5 and even more so when I herd about the damage this ring was putting out, I should have known it was too good to be true. Well at least I can still look forward to PvP....next year. Why does it seem like Blizzard is 25% improvement and 75% nerf? If too many people start having "too" much fun with something I'm willing to bet it will be nerfed.
Reply Quote
Everyone saying they can farm a hellfire ring in 1-4 hours is welcome to stream to prove it.

You retards dont even know what you're talking about, so stop posting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]