Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

Everyone saying they can farm a hellfire ring in 1-4 hours is welcome to stream to prove it.

You retards dont even know what you're talking about, so stop posting.

I've farmed MP10 keys/ubers with another wiz and a monk. Takes us about 1+1/2hrs max for us to get a ring each.

Made over 10 rings. Not 1 ring rolled with ias,cc,cd let alone a trifecta. Event gets boring very quickly....
Reply Quote
Funny how literally everything Blizzard ever does to support Jay Wilson's statement that "There's no such thing as too much power" ends up being a 'bug'...

Starting to notice a pattern here!!
Reply Quote
It's funny beacuse now even with this lame ring event D3 still has much less features then D2.

NO uber-dungeons, no world events, not even regular ovo, let alone some awesome battleground-like PVP.

Again too little too late. I know game has no subscription like wow but i bet Blizzard is making a decent amount of cash from RMAH.
Reply Quote
I'm going to assume a lot of people haven't played many RPG/MMORPG's to see this much complaining about end game gear. True endgame gear should be good, but there will always be newer gear that will outclass the old stuff and there will always be alternative gear which may be as good or better as the game progresses. If D3 comes out with an expansion there will probably be better gear than what is currently available then you all will just complain about the gear you spent all your time on being outdated.

I played FFXI for 10 years, there was tons of "good" gear, then eventually there was better gear, then randomly generated gear. You can't expect gear coming from a random generator to be the best gear all the time otherwise you wouldn't need the AH to buy someone else's. Not to mention it keeps "hardcore" people trying.

The whole point of the random number generator is to keep people trying and trying again to get something better. If you don't like it, don't do it.
Reply Quote
The whole point of the random number generator is to keep people trying and trying again to get something better. If you don't like it, don't do it.

I think people that are willing to invest hundreds or thousands of hours with so little reward are a minority. I played about 250 hours to find 5 uniques and the best I sold for 350k. That time is equivalent to a month and a half working time (6.25 x 40) so I'd say I "worked" enough for one character.
Loot in d3 is boring and crappy unless you can do it like a bot (efficient, no time wasting, over and over without getting disappointed). I thinm many people can't.
The d2 torch, or annihilus others mentioned is a good example, it's pretty strong, yet perfectionists are always looking for better ones and are ubering / trading constantly with the goal of getting the perfect one. That means the relatively casual players' characters can be pretty powerful too, just not quite as much.
But I am getting to main problem which is the stupid scaling and that's another story.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Sylak
Blizzard: Please don't get players hopes up like this again! *cough Trail of Cinders cough cough* The monk cough cough cough HACK!*

Or CM, or attack speed... we could keep doing this for days.
Reply Quote
i love how everyone says end game content like this is the end of diablo3 series theres gunna be a expansion come next year with that expansion comes pvp and more toons so im sure they really didnt want to make a item a godly end game item if there not done with this game ...
Reply Quote
i stop playin tell 2 years or so go by this game su cks and thats ok
Reply Quote
And then they halved it...
Reply Quote

I think people that are willing to invest hundreds or thousands of hours with so little reward are a minority. I played about 250 hours to find 5 uniques and the best I sold for 350k. That time is equivalent to a month and a half working time (6.25 x 40) so I'd say I "worked" enough for one character.

There are more out there than you think. Never underestimate the persistence of the "completionist" or "perfectionist". I know people in other games have spent countless hours/days farming gear because its the best or better than what they currently have. Lots of people strive to be better than other's. If/when PvP comes around you can bet that will add more fuel to that fire to have that better piece.

As far as casual gamers, they will never be better than the hardcore gamer. A casual gamer usually doesn't have the time, desire, or capability to obtain the best of the best. That's just how it is and that's how game developers usually make games like these.

A game only lasts as long as the content is appealing to its player. If the player has an appeal to play the random generator game then that will keep them playing, otherwise you will run out of things to do in this game. Eventually that will be all that is left to do with this game unless new content will continuously be released for it which i doubt will happen. So get used to random generators, start over, or quit. Not really any other options.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 09:14 AMPosted by autobot
As far as casual gamers, they will never be better than the hardcore gamer. A casual gamer usually doesn't have the time, desire, or capability to obtain the best of the best. That's just how it is and that's how game developers usually make games like these.

True, but the gear curve in D3 works out so that the most hardcore gamers are roughly 10x as powerful as casuals, which doesn't have to be the case. A casual should be able to obtain good gear (not perfect gear), and come close to what the hardcore gamers can achieve by farming 40 hours a week. This is possible in many other ARPGs. For example, in D2 a player outfitted in exceptional uniques (maybe with an upgraded weapon) and mid-tier runewords would not be as powerful as someone with top-tier runewords and elite uniques, but would come close. But in D3, the gear curve is just so steep that someone who doesn't break out their credit card to equip their character, or farm 40 hours a week, can never come close to the players who do.
Reply Quote
Go play Borderlands 2
Reply Quote
....dido
Reply Quote
lol what you guys call hardocre gamers I call deeply disturbed people because playing a video game 10 hours a day is simply not normal... Thats why I quit wow, could not handle all the freaks anymore.

in d3 though, hardcore gamer means the ones that buy their items for hundreds of bucks lol

these are pretty much the only people that still defend this game, they spent so much cash on it that they are in some serious denial... You fanboys know who you are...

they were in such a hurry to release this before torchlight 2 that it really should show everyone the only point is making money with the rmah. Can anybody argue the game was not ready for release??

THIS IS A BAD GAME. ITS BAD. STOP PLAYING IT. STOP THROWING MONEY AT BLIZZARD. STOP BEING A RETARDED DORK.
Reply Quote
View profile
lol what you guys call hardocre gamers I call deeply disturbed people because playing a video game 10 hours a day is simply not normal... Thats why I quit wow, could not handle all the freaks anymore.

in d3 though, hardcore gamer means the ones that buy their items for hundreds of bucks lol

these are pretty much the only people that still defend this game, they spent so much cash on it that they are in some serious denial... You fanboys know who you are...

they were in such a hurry to release this before torchlight 2 that it really should show everyone the only point is making money with the rmah. Can anybody argue the game was not ready for release??

THIS IS A BAD GAME. ITS BAD. STOP PLAYING IT. STOP THROWING MONEY AT BLIZZARD. STOP BEING A RETARDED DORK.
Why are you so mad? Why do you care so much about what others do? The only thing deeply disturbing is you ranting on gaming forums about a game you don't play. Now please return to whatever cave you crawled out of.
Edited by Xcalibur#1814 on 10/10/2012 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Is it too much to ask blizz to respond to this?

Probably.
Reply Quote
There's nothing wrong with nerfing a completely OP ring. I'm sure everyone knew that ring doing 1-5 million of damage was bugged so stop acting like you've been wronged.

However, now that it's no longer OP, there's no need for the "account bound". Quite frankly, for you to get a good ring you have to repeat Infernal Machine a thousand times. Once you do get a good ring, you can rest assured it won't have the main stat you want. Therefore it is important that you can sell it / give it to a friend of yours. Otherewise there's no point wasting hundreds, literally thousands of hours to try and find the ring with the stats you want and need.

Either remove the "account bound" or make the stats on the ring less random. For a wizard it will always pull intelligence, for a barbarian always strength. Also it won't have a chance to pull any random stat, only some of the more useful ones such as:
Vitality, CD, CC, AS, socket, Life on Hit, Life %, Life Regeneration, all resist, <elemental> resist, extra damage

This way there's still a random factor in it, but you know that all the stats you get will be more or less useful. You will still have to farm it a lot to get the very best, but at least there's a humaine chance to find it... and even if you don't, you will have a very nice ring with zero "useless" stat.

If Blizzard expects us to grind for a thousand hours just to find a good ring, they are so lost on track. Yes, it takes a thousand or more hours if you want to find any godly item on this game, but all the other items we can buy from the AH/RMAH which justifies their bad drop-rate. This is what Jay Wilson meant when he said AH affects the drop rates. Now, however, as this item cannot be sold/bought, what justifies it having so much RNG in it? Right now the ring cannot be bought and as such it must have a humaine chance to drop.... and when it drops, there must be a humaine chance to drop with good stats as well. You cannot expect us to waste a thousand hours to maybe find a good ring... when we during that time we've probably made so much money we can buy a better ring from AH.

"Like" this post if you agree with me.
Edited by AleisterB#2386 on 10/10/2012 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]