Diablo® III

Old hellfire ring was the real end game!

Lost motivation to farm the Hellfire ring after hearing about the nerf.

The ring needs an interesting ability to be worth the effort.

something like additional movement speed would be nice.
Reply Quote
so , damn it!! the whole game was a bug!!!
Reply Quote
[quote]
whereas a 6 affix i63 ring can roll 170-200 prime stat, and still have 5 random enchantments left over.

This is incorrect. 200 prime stat is 2 rolls.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41045-spoiler-diablo-iii-item-affixes/#entry863934

From a DPS perspective, Hellfire will match the best Trifecta rares due to the 200 Prime Stat

HellFire Ring

Fix Stats
+200 Main Stat (fix) -> This counts as 2 affixes
+35% Experience (fix) -> Glorified Leorics
+Fireball (fix)

+4 Random Stats
+6% Critical Chance (random)
+50% Critical Damage (random)
+9% Increase Attack Speed (random)
+Average Damage (random)

v1.05 Rare Ring (6 Stats)
+Average Damage (random)
Reply Quote
I was excited, now i'm pist again, thanks blizzard for taking the fun out of everything. make the ring worth while. Remeber blizzzzzzard you are not playing this game we are, we decide what is fun.
Reply Quote
As a long time defender of Diablo 3, I am really, truly kind of blown away by this. Seeing the 25k damage on some videos, making the proc useless, making the ring a waste of time compared to AH rares, etc. This truly makes the Ubers encounter pointless. As for the concept that getting Paragon 100 with over 60% bonus exp takes a long time, do you really still believe that Blizz? Really?
Reply Quote
[quote]
whereas a 6 affix i63 ring can roll 170-200 prime stat, and still have 5 random enchantments left over.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41045-spoiler-diablo-iii-item-affixes/#entry863934

From a DPS perspective, Hellfire will match the best Trifecta rares due to the 200 Prime Stat

HellFire Ring

Fix Stats
+Fireball (fix)

+4 Random Stats
+Average Damage (random)

+Average Damage (random)

You have a better explanation than the blue
Reply Quote
People still waiting for the game to get better?

What a joke.
Reply Quote
Man, I just wish they'd make it a tiny bit better. Lock in one more DPS stat and it at least has a decent chance to roll up something good. Otherwise, 99% of the time (total WAG but probably reasonably close to true) 1 million gold will get you a better ring of the AH..

The odds of it rolling good stats are just so low that it makes it hard to want to spend the time doing over and over.

+200 Dex
+35% Exp
+ Fireball Proc that is insignificant past MP1
+83 life per second
+16 Cold Resist
+13 Gold Find
+52 Strength

Gee...awesome.

IMO, at its worst, this should be equivalent to a 20 mil ring. At it's best it should be BIS...even at paragon 100.

I guess the dev's must value the +exp very highly...more than I do. Only way this makes sense.
Reply Quote
This is funny most of the whiners on this thread can't even farm act 3 inferno, and yet they are crying about something they will never even be able to get.
Reply Quote
[quote]

HellFire Ring

Fix Stats
+Fireball (fix)

+4 Random Stats
+Average Damage (random)

+Average Damage (random)

Yea hellfire already rolls with a 200 primary stat (170-200) so its actually easier to get a good hellfire ring than a godly rare, of course this is assuming you have a way to farm the ubers at MP10 efficiently.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Sevon
While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.

Yes...and no other legendary requires you to do some ridiculously long and tedious process to get one. In fact, on the way during this mystical quest of uber killing fun, you're likely to actually get 3-4 of these legendaries. See the balance issue here? The effort should mirror the reward. OK, we'll give you the proc's on legendaries suck horribly for the most part, that's fine...we get them by clicking begin quest and killing a single group of trash mobs. So now we have this quest which will take weeks to get a decent roll on a ring with 4 rolls.

The end result?

Nobody knows the answer to that, because chances are most definitely that you will find a better ring during the weeks of constant farming to get a good roll on a hellfire ring...

Scale the damage up, make it worth the time it takes to get a decent one...or for most people...get one at all

This.

All you have to do is scale it properly and there's no issue but you can't make it that simple, can you? Then it would give ppl with lower dps something to look forward to as their dmg goes up over time AND give them an experience boost, what more could you ask for. Then for those with good gear or at max plvl it would help them to farm higher mp levels faster. With proper scaling you can make it reasonable. I already crit for 2 million so i dont see how 4m even off a proc is a big deal. Ppl just freaking out cause they dont have one cause they have 50k dps and you pull a knee jerk reaction.

And seriously, for all the trouble to get it, you and i both know its not worth it for guarenteed 200int and exp bonus. No way in hell it rolls trifecta... Ever. such a joke to make ppl believe they have any chance or rolling something like that, and using that as excuse to waste time and gold. Why do you think nobody crafts?

You killed endgame, admit it. Coolest thing you guys have done, and you killed it.

And just for the record, NOBODY WANTS TO WEAR LEORICS AND HELLFIRE. We want to do MASSIVE DAMAGE, and have it look badass in the process.

Endgame that ignores endgame players... well played.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Newbie
This is funny most of the whiners on this thread can't even farm act 3 inferno, and yet they are crying about something they will never even be able to get.

I got it twice, and im pretty pissed. No reason to kill ubers or spend 10hrs famring for keys to crap ring.

And you have 200k dps, let me guess, you can't wait to lower your dps for more experience? Sorry but just cause in your awesome gear you cant farm mp10 doesnt mean you need to hate.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Newbie

seeing as i CAN farm all of inferno act1-4
Reply Quote
I think its retarded that the ring is bind on account. Once we do finaly get the ring we desire, what is the point of doing ubers ever again? No point at all. This was suppose to be end-game content, now its just game-ending content.

Make it a charm, Make it not bound to account, Make it's fixed stats godly with the 4 random stats for a chance at something even more epic.

Make the higher MP levels even more difficult to compensate for this and the new jewelry coming.
Reply Quote
Lylirra, it should do more than 25k damage tho. My dagger off hand crit's for 100k, and the ring is 4x less than that small damage even.

I was considering moving away from WW barb to utalise the power of the ring, but for 25k proc's every once & while, I'll play my current spec for ever.
Reply Quote
It was actually a bug fix. The ring's proc damage was incorrectly scaling with a player's primary stats and weapon damage, which it was never designed to do. While we agree it was pretty sweet to see your characters do millions of damage in a single hit, no other Legendary procs scale this way -- and that's intended.
[/quote]

I think you need to check schaeffer's hammer in that case.
Reply Quote
I'm not gonna farm for this ring, that's for certain.
Reply Quote
Blizzard's doing everything wrong with this ring.
It would take 3 super top-geared(2b++), skilled players 2hours(plus quite some effort as opposed to lower MPs) to get a guaranteed ring. Now ask yourselves, would they spend all that time for a 6-prop, NON-TRADABLE(which means if you get a ring which isn't better than your current, you just wasted 2 hours) ring?
Why even put the proc in then?
And once again, lol @ 'Bug fix'
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]